Soul 'ole Peterborough

Guest soul58uk

Guest soul58uk

Hi there, Don't forget its the Soul 'Ole this Friday at the Postie, Details below. Time: November 13, 2009 at 7pm to 1am

Street: Bourges Boulevard

City/Town: Peterborough PE1 2AU

Phone: 07889 738900

Back to a normal Soul Night after the Wirrina/Phoenix reunion.

DJ's for your delectation are:-

Bob Banks (fromthe legendary Keele all nighters)

Mark Freeman (from the Nuneaton oldies nights)

Andy (Smudge) Smith (Soul ole resident)

Dave Forrest (Soul 'ole), & Nigel Fishpool (The Fleet)

Usual arrangements;

£5.00 OTD

Cheap bar, parking air con etc etcAfter this Soul 'Ole I am going to be taking a well earned rest and leaving it to Dave and Andy, I am sure they will advertise any future do's in the usual manner, hope to see you there on Friday! Wayne

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Back to a normal Soul Night after the Wirrina/Phoenix reunion.

DJ's for your delectation are:-

BOB BANKS (from the legendary Keele all nighters)

MARK FREEMAN (from the Nuneaton oldies nights)

ANDY (Smudge) SMITH (Local man about town......... )

DAVE FORREST ( Soul 'Ole & The Fleet resident )

Usual arrangements;

£5.00 OTD

Cheap bar, parking air con etc etc

Post Office Sports and Social Club

Street: Bourges Boulevard

City/Town: Peterborough

Phone: 07889 738900

Look forward to seeing you all there!!!!

cheers,

John Mc.

Hi Wayne,

Posted this up on Monday @ 12.25pm. C U there,

John Mc.

FROM WAYNE via email

After this Soul 'Ole I am going to be taking a well earned rest and leaving it to Dave and Andy, I am sure they will advertise any future do's in the usual manner, hope to see you there next Friday!

Wayne

First off round of applause for Wayne and his efforts re the Postie, as one of the origonal soul 'ole attendees from Circa 1973 he took up the mantle several years ago and drove the soul 'ole with Dave and Andy at the Postie to great aclaim.

No disrespect to Dave and Andy however the soul 'ole without Wayne Clark is like bum sex without KY jelly, it aint proper like, I hope I'm wrong but I have my doubts that Dave and Andy will continue.

So after many years of very cheap beer, orderly queues at the bar and some fantastic music, this Friday could be the very last Soul 'ole ever, come and say thanks and goodbye to one of the nice guys and tip your hat off to a fantastic venue that has given the 'Boro' many fantastic nights.

Cya there I'll be the grumpy one with two of the nicest blokes on the scene Mark Freeman and Bob Banks.

Guest soul58uk

Thanks for those nice words Paul, I believe Dave will decide after tonight if he wants to continue, I know Andy wants to keep it going.

As for me, afraid the buzz has worn off and I have too much on in my life at the moment to do it justice, I always have said that I do it for the fun not for money and when the fun has gone whats the point?

I will still be around now and then at a few do's, once my fiance moves over here and I dont have to commute to shropshire every weekend, or vice versa!

So if anyone wants to step in and help out Dave and Andy don't be shy in offering your services!!

Hope fully see you tonight

Wayne

Thanks for those nice words Paul, I believe Dave will decide after tonight if he wants to continue, I know Andy wants to keep it going.

As for me, afraid the buzz has worn off and I have too much on in my life at the moment to do it justice, I always have said that I do it for the fun not for money and when the fun has gone whats the point?

I will still be around now and then at a few do's, once my fiance moves over here and I dont have to commute to shropshire every weekend, or vice versa!

So if anyone wants to step in and help out Dave and Andy don't be shy in offering your services!!

Hope fully see you tonight

Wayne

See you later tonight Bud......................hear you've only "stepped aside" so that you can put your c.v. in for the Posh Job whistling.gif

Seriously though, thanks for giving us the Soul 'Ole in the first place, it's been a thoroughly enjoyable experience & as for keep it going, anything i can do to help would be my pleasure, from sorting out dj's to just putting out flyers, i'm there to help if wanted or needed.

There's a song there somewhere!!!!

cheers,

John Mc.

Guest soul58uk

See you later tonight Bud......................hear you've only "stepped aside" so that you can put your c.v. in for the Posh Job whistling.gif

Seriously though, thanks for giving us the Soul 'Ole in the first place, it's been a thoroughly enjoyable experience & as for keep it going, anything i can do to help would be my pleasure, from sorting out dj's to just putting out flyers, i'm there to help if wanted or needed.

There's a song there somewhere!!!!

cheers,

John Mc.

Guess you need to talk to Dave and Andy then whistling.gif

Posh job, nah, couldn't afford the drop in wages tongue.gif