Big Thing 5! Northern Soul Allnighter

Guest Dani Herranz

Guest Dani Herranz

UPDATED INFO IN OUR SITE: https://bigthingsoul.blogspot.com/

Valencia Northern Soul Club proudly presents the fifth edition of "gonna be a BIG THING" allnighter, a night of soul heaven with all Northern sounds, though with a music policy clearly and solidly 60s, with a bit of crossover and 70s modern.

DJs for the night will be Ginger Taylor, Yann Vatiste (U.K.), Sebastian Gerstung (Germany), plus residents Albert Petit and Dani Herranz (Valencia).

It will take place in Valencia (Spain), on Saturday 3rd April 2010 (Easter Saturday) at SIDER DISCO (Calle Tomasos 14, next to Ruzafa Market, in the city centre); the venue is brilliant, original late 70s. Doors open at 12 AM and we´ll have non-stop-Northern-magic until 7 AM

As the last two editions sold-out, this one will be by ADVANCED ENTRY ONLY.

TO BOOK YOUR ENTRY you only need to make a paypal payment, at 13 euros per entry, to vnsclub@hotmail.com, you may make just one payment for as many entries as you wish, and we´ll email you back confirming your booking. There´s a limited number available, so we strongly recommend to book ASAP to avoid disappointment.

Please remind to bring printed receipt of paypal to get into the allnighter.

Advanced entry can be booked up to 29th March 2010 or until sold out (last two editions sold-out well in advance), on a "first booked-first served basis".

There´s possibility to cancel: we´ll refund the money by paypal to anyone cancelling before 29th March 2010

THERE WILL BE NO ENTRIES FOR SALE ON THE DOOR, AND ONCE TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT THERE WILL BE NO WAY TO GET INTO THE ALLNIGHTER, WE´LL MAKE NO EXCEPTIONS

ACCOMODATION: We have agreed a special price with Expo Hotel, which is a good three star hotel, recently refurbished, close to the city centre and no more than 20 minutes/25 euros taxi to the airport, and more importantly, it will take you just 10 minutes/euros taxi to get to the allnighter from there. Anyone interested may book a room for 80 euros a night (double room, VAT included, breakfast not included, please note it is Easter, so High season for hotels), on Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd April 2010. You may have a look to the hotel at www.expogrupo.com

To book you just need to call Mireia Llinares (English speaking), Mondays to Fridays 9 AM-1 PM and 3 PM-6 PM, UK time) at tel 00 34 96 303 36 20 , or email ehvreservas@expogrupo.com , VERY IMPORTANT: give "SOUL VALENCIA" as a reference when you book the room. Dateline to book room: 10th March 2010.

Alternatively you may book hotels or apartments in the city centre, the venue is in Ruzafa area, which is central Valencia. You may find maps in our site.

WELCOME SOUL NIGHT on Friday 2nd April 2010, from Midnight to 4 AM in the allnighter venue´s upstairs and smaller room - SIDER DISCO (Calle Tomasos 14, off Ruzafa Market, in the city centre). Entry will be free until 2 AM. DJ´s for the night will be Tony Smith, Dave Moore (UK), Markynex (Madrid) and Alberto Valle (Barcelona)

SOUL FOOD AT AFTERWORK: All Saturday 3rd April 2010, from 2 to 11 PM, there will be Soul music in vinyl at AFTERWORK BAR, Calle Murillo 23, in the heart of the Old town (Barrio del Carmen) just 50 metres from Quart gates (Torres de Quart), AFTERWORK is a tapas and sandwiches bar, it caters import ales and prices are cheap, it has a cosy back room to eat, drink and chill-out, highly recommended to get ready for the allnighter. The music session will be organised by Jaume de Angel and Marcello J, and there will be a good number of guest DJs from all over the country. You may have a look to the bar in our site. Free entry and no possibility of booking tables.

FURTHER INFO, CONTACT: vnsclub@hotmail.com

Edited by Dani Herranz
  • Replies 32
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dani Herranz

Thanks Kev!!! tickets confirmed!!!

Here you have the flyer of the soul food!!! all Saturday we´ll have soul, tapas and beer at Afterwork, music session organised by Jaume de Angel and Marcello J, plus guest DJs from all over the country....cheap prices and great gin tonics!!!

post-2394-12585765530702_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dani Herranz
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a hotel a bit nearer to the action, Barrio del Carmen or Ruzafa?

For those that haven't been before, the Expo Hotel is very nice, does a great breakfast, and is very easy to get to from the airport using the

underground. We just want to consider other options, though they don't have to be cheaper.

-Kev & Pam

Edited by KevinKent
Guest Dani Herranz

Hi Seb!! there are already bookings from Germany, though I don´t know from what area/city...

and Kevin, as for the hotel accomodation, we really recommend the Expo Hotel, as it is good quality/price especially having in mind it is Easter, there are taxis on the door that can take you to the allniter in 10 minutes for about 8 to 10 euros....and the Afterwork bar is about 15 minutes walk....anyway if rather a more centric hotel i recommend to have a look to several on the internet and before booking email ma and can recommend one or another

I attach a pick of the fantastic Afterwork staff team (the bar where the "soul food" previos to the allniter will be held, tapas & vinyl!!!...the tatto is real, not a joke!!!

post-2394-12606165431736_thumb.jpg

Hi Seb!! there are already bookings from Germany, though I don´t know from what area/city...

and Kevin, as for the hotel accomodation, we really recommend the Expo Hotel, as it is good quality/price especially having in mind it is Easter, there are taxis on the door that can take you to the allniter in 10 minutes for about 8 to 10 euros....and the Afterwork bar is about 15 minutes walk....anyway if rather a more centric hotel i recommend to have a look to several on the internet and before booking email ma and can recommend one or another

I attach a pick of the fantastic Afterwork staff team (the bar where the "soul food" previos to the allniter will be held, tapas & vinyl!!!...the tatto is real, not a joke!!!

shades.gif Thanks Dani - it's very reassuring to know that the staff understand English. laugh.gif

The Boogaloos are packed and ready to go. Heard great things about it last year so looking forward to it.

We've been twice - first as guest dj's, then thirst for more so bought passes to go again - and had a ball each time. You'll both love it! thumbup.gif

Unfortunately I can't make it next Easter for this one, but if anyone else out there is needing a great last minute Christmas present for someone special ... how great is a romantic feasting long weekend in Valencia Spain, with an upbeat deliriously soulful time too! :no:

m

ps. Make sure you make time for a trip down to the beach for paella and then the mind blowing architecture of the science museum area [click link here]

Edited by Maria O
Guest Dani Herranz

cheers Maria!!! shame you can´t do it this time,,,maybe next!!! and what a great idea for a Xmas present....maybe that´s been taken as had loads of bookings in the last two days!!!!

And here I attach a nice Xmas pic thumbup.gif taken at the 3rd Big Thing...all the DJ line up by 7:30 AM, just when the allnighter finished...innocent.gifinnocent.gif

post-2394-12616448976347_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dani Herranz

gentle BUMP!!!!

...and the flyer of the welcome soul night, a "not-slow-at-all" start of the weekend, it will be on Friday 2nd April, from Midnight to 4 AM in the allnighter venue´s upstairs and smaller room - SIDER DISCO (Calle Tomasos 14, off Ruzafa Market, in the city centre). Entry will be free until 2 AM.

DJ´s for the night will be Tony Smith, Dave Moore (UK), Markynex (Madrid) and Alberto Valle (Barcelona), playing nothing but the best Rare soul

We´re having bookings for the allniter from virtually everywhere in Europe, many thanks for the support, and remember it´s advanced entry only, so once sold out no way to get in, cheers!!!

We keep updating our site with loads of info and 45 reviews: https://bigthingsoul.blogspot.com/

post-2394-12630446845324_thumb.jpg

Guest Dani Herranz

getting bookings from all around, please remeber is an advanced-entry-only event....and that Friday´s 2nd april welcome soul night is free entry!!!!

post-2394-12641042914564_thumb.jpg

post-2394-12641042914564_thumb.jpg

Hi there!

Here is the track list of the CD for the first 50 in the door.

DANI HERRANZ

1 - THE ECHOES - MILLION DOLLAR BILL - PULSE

2 - BETTY LOU & BOBBY ADAMS - DR. TRUELOVE - TRA-X

3 - SANDRA KING - LEAVE IT UP TO THE BOYS - BELL

4 - HOMER BANKS - SWEETIE PIE - GENIE

5 - SEA SHELLS - QUITE HOME - VILLIGE

6 - KENNY WELLS - ISN´T IT JUST A SHAME - NEW VOICE

7 - THE INVERTS - LOOK OUT LOVE - TOWER

8 - EXPORTATIONS - I WANT YOU - VIR RO

9 - COOKIE SCOTT & THE CHEVELLES - I DON´T CARE - ORR

10 - THE OXFORD NIGHTS - I´M SUCH A LONELY GUY - DELPHI

11 - THE TWO FELLOWS - STOP (DON´T GIVE UP YOUR LOVING) - MUTT

12 - GOSPEL CLASSICS- MORE LOVE THAT´S WHAT WE ... - CHECKER

13 - RITA GRAHAM - MY CUP RUNNETH OVER - TANGERINE (LP only)

14 - LINDA JONES - BEHOLD - TURBO (LP only)

ALBERT PETIT

15 - MIGHTY LOVERS - MIGHTY LOVER - BOO-GA-LOO

16 - PAT & THE BLENDERS - JUST BECAUSE - FAST EDDIE

17 - COLT 45´S - LADY LADY - JERRY

18 - CAM CAMERON - THEY SAY - CAPRI

19 - THE EMBERS - JUST CRAZY ABOUT YOU BABY - eEe

20 - THE LOST SOUL - I´M GONNA HURT YOU - RAVEN

21- THE SERVICEMEN - I NEED A HELPING HAND - PATHEWAY

22 - THE MAGICIANS - IS IT ALL GONE? - VILLA

23 - EDDIE BO - FIGHT IT - BLUE JAY

24 - L. DAVIS & THE MARVELS - THE MAGIC IS GONE - DECCA

25 - THE MEMPHIANS - MISSISSIPPI SUNRISE - C/U

26 - NORWOOD LONG - I´D LIKE TO HAVE YOU - GROOVEY GROOVES

27 - TENDER LOVING CARE - MY LOVE IS FALLING - RENFRO

28 - MIND & MATTER - I´M UNDER YOUR SPELL - M&M RDS

Hi mates!

Great video from the last night!

More info about the weekend on here

Brilliant weekend... highly recommended!!!!

Really had a great time in Valencia last year and it was a big honour for me to dj there.

I'm sure it will be a Big Thing as the past editions!!!

See you there!!!! thumbup.gif

Barbara x

Guest Dani Herranz

Hi there!!! we´ll have an "official" T Shirt, designed by Alex Barbarroja, available for sale at the soul food on Saturday afternoon, and at the allnighter if not sold-out, it is limited edition and cannot be ordered in advance....so the only way to get it is to be there...don´t miss it....forgot to say...whistling.gifwhistling.gif it´s 12 euros

post-2394-12662511286843_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dani Herranz

Expo Hotel HAS AGREED ON A NEW REDUCED PRICE, it is a good three star hotel, recently refurbished, close to the city centre and no more than 20 minutes/20 euros taxi to the airport, and more importantly, it will take you just 10 minutes/euros taxi to get to the allnighter from there.

Anyone interested may book a room for 60 euros a night (double room, VAT included, breakfast not included, please note it is Easter, so High season for hotels), on Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd April 2010. You may have a look to the hotel at www.expogrupo.com

To book you just need to call Mireia Llinares (English speaking), Mondays to Fridays 9 AM-1 PM and 3 PM-6 PM, UK time) at tel 00 34 96 303 36 20, or email ehvreservas@expogrupo.com ,

VERY IMPORTANT: give "SOUL VALENCIA" as a reference when you book the room.

AND REMEMBER IT IS AN ADVANCED-ENTRY-ONLY EVENT, ALL THE INFO TO BOOK AT: https://www.fotolog.com/vnsclub_english/25209337

Expo Hotel HAS AGREED ON A NEW REDUCED PRICE, it is a good three star hotel, recently refurbished, close to the city centre and no more than 20 minutes/20 euros taxi to the airport, and more importantly, it will take you just 10 minutes/euros taxi to get to the allnighter from there.

Anyone interested may book a room for 60 euros a night (double room, VAT included, breakfast not included, please note it is Easter, so High season for hotels), on Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd April 2010. You may have a look to the hotel at www.expogrupo.com

To book you just need to call Mireia Llinares (English speaking), Mondays to Fridays 9 AM-1 PM and 3 PM-6 PM, UK time) at tel 00 34 96 303 36 20, or email ehvreservas@expogrupo.com ,

VERY IMPORTANT: give "SOUL VALENCIA" as a reference when you book the room.

AND REMEMBER IT IS AN ADVANCED-ENTRY-ONLY EVENT, ALL THE INFO TO BOOK AT: https://www.fotolog.c...nglish/25209337

cant wait for this now! the weather over here in spain is picking up aswell so hopefully itll be a nice sunny weekend ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dani Herranz

Last call to the BIG THING!!!!! just a week from today!!!! bookings from UK, Germany, Italy and virtually all over Spain, everything ready for a great weekender...here you have the map of the allnighter venue, just in the city centre, by the Ruzafa market, and do not miss the Soul food on Saturday, from 4 PM to 11 PM at the Afterwork bar (map attached as well) , in the old town, free entry, cheap booze and tapas, with DJs Ryan Gibson, Manu and Juan Rodriguez (Madrid), Rafa & Edu Karamazov (Valencia) and Jaume de Angel as host...a must!!!

post-2394-12696756746809_thumb.jpg

post-2394-12696758282216_thumb.jpg