Help Needed Identifying Artist

Russoul1

hi all, just recieved a 45 from the states via buy it now, have already got the 45, but was cheap so i brought it to trade/sell on

the 45 in question;

hank johnson - lost love - ten high 102

thought would give it a spin to check condition, and to my suprise the track on the A side was different song which isnt that good

so thought flip it over and again same artist but this time a real uptempo detroit dancer, title is i would persume "get a hold of yourself"

sounds like a white artist, checked the labels and they are the same hank johnson - lost love 102a on both sides, on checking the

runout there is a nashville matrix stamp then the number 103a & 103b on the flip, which would denote a label misspress. the 45

was listed as lost love, so i presume the seller thought it was that track!

have tried to find said song but have come up with nothing so far, so can anyone help identify the artist?

thanks

russ

Edited by russoul1
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

the only other things i know of on the label are the celebrities and the infernos (which has 'lost love' instro on the flip), but this doesn't sound like either of those.

thanks for help so far, yeh i believe the infernos is the same label number 102 but as said as a different flip side

must admit i do like the instrumental of lost love

the thing that bugs me about this misspress is that it has the same labels on both sides? i have other misspress 45s ie

tony galla - swan, timothy wilson - veep on these the labels are correct on both sides to artists/tracks

strange one this, never know could be rare, one off g.gif

russ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!