The Salt & Pepper Story

Dave Abbott

Guest Revilot1957

Did anyone come up with a scan on this one, I'd love to see the label.

Ady, there's a scan of it on the following youtube clip ............

I don't actually know if I'm doing anything wrong here, so Mike The Mod, if I am -

Please accept my apologies. And remove either the link or the whole post.

Ta.

Social source share

• 3 months later...

Hi I only just read these posts and I gotta say I agree with Matt Bolton. I dont get out as much as I used to and when I do its usually the same old songs you hear - but this one had me running to the decks to find out what is was - I was knocked but by its sheer energetic force. It may not be the most perfect "soul" record but its passionate an truthful. I'm glad its been re-issued as what chance now of an original ??

Good one guys. Thanks for laying down the song in the first place.

Rob Messer

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

ok fellas, 6 days 20 hours to go on the copy on Manships auctions...any guestimate final price predictions out there ? Currently at £511.00

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Polyvelts

ok fellas, 6 days 20 hours to go on the copy on Manships auctions...any guestimate final price predictions out there ? Currently at £511.00

£2764.00 end price

Social source share

• 2 months later...

As a footnote to this thread, the track is now out on vinyl and CD and I recently received this mail from group leader and label owner Tony Nardi

"Hello from Colorado. We received one of the CD's just as we were leaving Hot Springs, Arkansas. We had made a quick trip to Chicago for a family wedding, then drove down to Hot Springs for just 24 hours to take care of some business. As we were leaving town we stopped to pick up our mail and there was the package from the UK. We were completely blown away by the production. We certainly appreciated your kind words in the sleeve notes, as well as your dedication to accuracy. We talked to the other band members as we were traveling back to Colorado. They were very excited as well. We told them we'd send them copies as soon as we received the others. One of our daughters is in Hot Springs and will send them to us as soon as they arrive so that we can disperse them properly.

Eddie (lead singer) stayed here in Colorado while we were gone and we couldn't wait to show him the CD. He really got a kick out of it as well. We can't tell you how much we appreciate the professional job you did, and the respect you showed all the artist involved in this project. We hope it sells well for all of us. Thanks again. It's an honor doing business with you.

Tony and Karla Nardi

Thanks to all the Soul Sourcers who generously helped and if you've any other hot contacts feel free to run them by us at Kent.

Good Guys Don't Only Win In The Movies!

Social source share

As a footnote to this thread, the track is now out on vinyl and CD and I recently received this mail from group leader and label owner Tony Nardi

"Hello from Colorado. We received one of the CD's just as we were leaving Hot Springs, Arkansas. We had made a quick trip to Chicago for a family wedding, then drove down to Hot Springs for just 24 hours to take care of some business. As we were leaving town we stopped to pick up our mail and there was the package from the UK. We were completely blown away by the production. We certainly appreciated your kind words in the sleeve notes, as well as your dedication to accuracy. We talked to the other band members as we were traveling back to Colorado. They were very excited as well. We told them we'd send them copies as soon as we received the others. One of our daughters is in Hot Springs and will send them to us as soon as they arrive so that we can disperse them properly.

Eddie (lead singer) stayed here in Colorado while we were gone and we couldn't wait to show him the CD. He really got a kick out of it as well. We can't tell you how much we appreciate the professional job you did, and the respect you showed all the artist involved in this project. We hope it sells well for all of us. Thanks again. It's an honor doing business with you.

Tony and Karla Nardi

Thanks to all the Soul Sourcers who generously helped and if you've any other hot contacts feel free to run them by us at Kent.

Good Guys Don't Only Win In The Movies!

Fantastic.

Social source share

Nice one Ady,

glad someone reputable released it before it got bootlegged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well said George great story great music if i ever get a original copy i,ll make sure i keep it hiden from you so i dont end up swoppin it with you when im drunk he he

x Ian C

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!