Instrumentals That Are Better Than The Vocals

• Replies 58
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Paul Mooney was kind enough to send me a recording of Gone With The Wind Is My Love, instrumental version, my goodness it is absolutely FANTASTIC, I mean the vocal is brilliant but his instrumental is just as good, seriously awesome!

bit out of touch last few weeks, but didnt this get a recent kent 45 release ?

on instrumental crap vocal versions

they be coming

spoiled for ever once you hear the vocal

ram ram ... indeed

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Come See About Me - Earl Van Dyk

Double Cookin - Checkerboard Sqaures

Wade in the Water - Ramsey Lewis

You've got to Pay The Price - Al Kent

To me 4 classic instrumentals that all have a better sound then any vocal version

Social source share

they be coming

ram ram ... indeed

THE DORE STRINGS - GONE WITH THE WIND IS MY LOVE - KENT SELECT - thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Paul Mooney was kind enough to send me a recording of Gone With The Wind Is My Love, instrumental version, my goodness it is absolutely FANTASTIC, I mean the vocal is brilliant but his instrumental is just as good, seriously awesome!

Don't get it Peteg.gif Vocal & backing together make it seriously awesome & a record that still drags me onto a dancefloor gammy knee 'n all, if I heard it out I think I'd just about tap my foot to it wishing I could hear the vocalyes.gif

Social source share

they be coming

ram ram ... indeed

What about the vocal of Girl You Better Wake Up by Liberty, oh dear oh dear!

p.s. is that right about the Kent 45?

Social source share

True Patron of the Arts by The Queen City Show Band

is far better than the vocal by The Razor's Edge.

Well I think so yes.gif anyway

All the best

Steve B

Social source share

Bobby Wells The Psychedelic Theme (but I love Let's Cop A Groove too, so I'm cheating).

Not sure how The Magicians is dire Simon, fair enough if you prefer the instrumental but it's a full on great vocal group performance with excellent lyrics; technically the Waves 'Is It Love Baby' was the original I think.

Pete there is a Rita inst out on Kent Select, I'm not sure if that's what Paul sent you.

Social source share

Bobby Wells The Psychedelic Theme (but I love Let's Cop A Groove too, so I'm cheating).

Not sure how The Magicians is dire Simon, fair enough if you prefer the instrumental but it's a full on great vocal group performance with excellent lyrics; technically the Waves 'Is It Love Baby' was the original I think.

Is that the one that was released as the Tandels on Kent (great version - and as the Kent 45 is the original release, can be played out as OVO n'est-ce pas)? Or is there yet another version?

BTW for a really bad version, check out "At The Disco (Strings A Go Go)" dunno the artist but I think it was a tailormade on Black Magic :thumbup:

Social source share

Is that the one that was released as the Tandels on Kent (great version - and as the Kent 45 is the original release, can be played out as OVO n'est-ce pas)? Or is there yet another version?

BTW for a really bad version, check out "At The Disco (Strings A Go Go)" dunno the artist but I think it was a tailormade on Black Magic :thumbup:

Yeah sorry the group were later called the Waves but were the Tandells at the time of recording the original from which the backing track was used as Double Cookin'. Damn right on the OVO too.

Social source share

boxing.gifHi All "Hey solanay"="Tracks to Your Mind" - Sounds of the Lane Cobblestone, Diane Brooks "i my Heart"inst Acetate, "The Night"inst ? Acetate, "You've Been Cheat-in"inst-? Acetate. I like these as nobody seems to have them Top Inst is the Bari Track alternative version that mick used to play in his set, I have a blank somewhere? come from Goldmine??? ph34r.gif DAVE KIL
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert