Australian Northern Scene

Ianbrown

Me and my partner Jilly will be visiting Australia for a month from the 12th February 2010. I have previously read on here that the scene is quite active mainly with a lot of Brit exiles. We will be visiting Sydney, Adelaide and Noosa (queensland) whilst we are there. Does anyone have any info about clubs etc in these areas. I have previously e mailed aussie lads on here but had no reply.

Cheers Ian

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Me and my partner Jilly will be visiting Australia for a month from the 12th February 2010. I have previously read on here that the scene is quite active mainly with a lot of Brit exiles. We will be visiting Sydney, Adelaide and Noosa (queensland) whilst we are there. Does anyone have any info about clubs etc in these areas. I have previously e mailed aussie lads on here but had no reply.

Cheers Ian

Sydney - bowt 2/3 venues in Kings Cross area

Brisbane - they just had 12th National NS Weekender

Perth - only heard of one venue

Try Nick Rennie's site northernsoulmusic.co.uk

there is a thread/guy called Bostonian who mentions NS in Oz

Hope it helps :thumbup:

Social source share

Sydney - bowt 2/3 venues in Kings Cross area

Brisbane - they just had 12th National NS Weekender

Perth - only heard of one venue

Try Nick Rennie's site northernsoulmusic.co.uk

there is a thread/guy called Bostonian who mentions NS in Oz

Hope it helps :thumbup:

Thanks for that I check out the site.

Social source share

there is a guy on ebay from Adelaide his seller name is geoff19682 also JOhnny Redpants is up in Qld his ebay name is rushden8 and no im not on a commission :g::thumbsup: they shld be able to help u out

Thanks for that I will look them up on ebay. I have found the one in Queensland, ( billy's surf shack) thanks to the other reply so things are looking good for a bit of real soul in the sun.

Thanks Ian

Social source share

there is a guy on ebay from Adelaide his seller name is geoff19682 also JOhnny Redpants is up in Qld his ebay name is rushden8 and no im not on a commission :g::thumbsup: they shld be able to help u out

Thanks for that I will look them up on ebay. I have found the one in Queensland, ( billy's surf shack) thanks to the other reply so things are looking good for a bit of real soul in the sun.

Thanks Ian

Social source share

Thanks Ian

Ian.

This is a link to a soul night approx every 6 weeks in Adelaide.https://www.adelaidesoulcity.com/

PM me if you need more info.

Regards.John.

PS Just to let you know,while we were away in Qld for the oz nash,6 consecutive days of 39deg.Sunshine will not be a problem in Febthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Hi Ian.....Soul nites in Qld are run on a bi-monthky basis between ourselves on the Gold Coast at Billy's Beach House in Surfers Paradise (click on the links below in my signature) & The Polish Club in Brisbane...you've just missed our national which we held here 5th - 9th November, our next weekender is January 23rd/24th for Australia Day at Billy's (we do this every year) so looks like you'll miss that one. Brisbane will be last saturday of Febuary.......Perth, Irish Club is 1st saturday of every month in Subiaco...Pete Fowler runs that one, on here he's Chorleybloke.....Also Nigel Loveless does Soul Galore in Perth, not sure on dates, there's also The Fly By Night down in Freemantle run by Tony & Sue Edgley...they're on here so I'm sure they'll pick this up....Sydney is run by Una....Una Scot-Oz on here, you've already been given Craig Bayliss as a contact......Adelaide is Todd Cavender, I can get his e-mail if you want it......Melbourne has irregular soul nites at the moment, however Vince Peach at The Cherry Bar is not to be missed & also Gertrude's Brown couch is an more impromptu nite...so hopefully that'll give you more to work with, please feel free to conatct me if you (or anyone else) requires anymore info.

KTF

Baz

Cheers Ian

Social source share

Guest Una Scot-Oz

Hi Ian.....Soul nites in Qld are run on a bi-monthky basis between ourselves on the Gold Coast at Billy's Beach House in Surfers Paradise (click on the links below in my signature) & The Polish Club in Brisbane...you've just missed our national which we held here 5th - 9th November, our next weekender is January 23rd/24th for Australia Day at Billy's (we do this every year) so looks like you'll miss that one. Brisbane will be last saturday of Febuary.......Perth, Irish Club is 1st saturday of every month in Subiaco...Pete Fowler runs that one, on here he's Chorleybloke.....Also Nigel Loveless does Soul Galore in Perth, not sure on dates, there's also The Fly By Night down in Freemantle run by Tony & Sue Edgley...they're on here so I'm sure they'll pick this up....Sydney is run by Una....Una Scot-Oz on here, you've already been given Craig Bayliss as a contact......Adelaide is Todd Cavender, I can get his e-mail if you want it......Melbourne has irregular soul nites at the moment, however Vince Peach at The Cherry Bar is not to be missed & also Gertrude's Brown couch is an more impromptu nite...so hopefully that'll give you more to work with, please feel free to conatct me if you (or anyone else) requires anymore info.

KTF

Baz

Hi Ian

We have Northern nights at The Kings Cross Hotel in Sydney. Just organising the dates for next year. Let me know the dates that you'll be in Sydney. For others the National Weekender will be the second weekend in November 2010 - plenty time to organise tickets.

Una

Social source share

Cheers Ian

Ian, it's a shame you aren't coming to Melbourne, whilst Melbourne does not have a soul night dedicated to the ex-pact northern scene at the moment there are soul nights and dayers every week here.

The 1st saturday night of each month there is a night called Soul a go go run by the radio station I and Vince Peach have shows on. It has a funk room and soul room and we get between 600-800 people every month.

Social source share

Guest Belmontsoul

KTF

Baz

Steve im heading over to sydney on the 28th of dec then down to melbourne on the 4th of jan any soul nights on ?

Social source share

Guest Belmontsoul

Have PM'd you contact details for Craig Bayliss, a soul friend in Sydney thumbsup.gif

My names Steve from scotland i am heading over to sydney on the 28th of dec then down to Melbourne on the 4th of jan Anything on soulfull . ? Any info thanks

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Hi Andy...Polish Club, Marie St, Milton, Brisbane 19th Dec 8pm -12pm....hopefully we'll see you there

KTF

Baz

And we are leaving tomorrow for a few weeks. Anything in Brisbane/sydney over the next 5 weeks?

Social source share

Ian, it's a shame you aren't coming to Melbourne, whilst Melbourne does not have a soul night dedicated to the ex-pact northern scene at the moment there are soul nights and dayers every week here.

The 1st saturday night of each month there is a night called Soul a go go run by the radio station I and Vince Peach have shows on. It has a funk room and soul room and we get between 600-800 people every month.

WENT to the sidney weekender a few years ago & vince peach kindly put us up on our last night.please send him & his family my best.sue liverpool

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!