Le Tre Femme - Open Up The Safe

Guest GFAS03

Just wondered if anyone can give me any info on this.

I've always been a bit suspicious of it, I picked it up in the 80s on Uptite, but have seen it on 20th Century, and know nothing about the singer or background.

Just curious ...

Andrew

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've always been a bit suspicious of it, I picked it up in the 80s on Uptite, but have seen it on 20th Century, and know nothing about the singer or background.

Just curious ...

Andrew

I think this was a "tape swoppers" sound.Good track,but i thought Le Tre Femme were 3 females?.

Social source share

Yes, that's one of the reasons I'm curious Kev - there's a track by "Les Tres Femmes" on Phil-La Of Soul that seems too close to be a coincidence...and although it should technically be "Les Trois Femmes", that would gel with the three females...

All best

Andrew

Social source share

Yes, that's one of the reasons I'm curious Kev - there's a track by "Les Tres Femmes" on Phil-La Of Soul that seems too close to be a coincidence...and although it should technically be "Les Trois Femmes", that would gel with the three females...

All best

Andrew

Same group according to "Soul Harmony Singles" book Andrew

The Phil LA of Soul release dates from 1969 whereas the 20th Century release is from "68

A Soul Bowl "front pager" for a couple of quid (on 20th Cent) back in the day, would think its rarer on Uptight but don't know for sure.........nice tune
good.gif

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Same group according to "Soul Harmony Singles" book Andrew

The Phil LA of Soul release dates from 1969 whereas the 20th Century release is from "68

A Soul Bowl "front pager" for a couple of quid (on 20th Cent) back in the day, would think its rarer on Uptight but don't know for sure.........nice tune
good.gif

Cheers Paul

Don't think it's that rare on Uptight, got mine back in the 70's and dig it out occasionally - am I right in thinking that the 20th Century ones are all demos - did it get to the issue stage?

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Just curious ...

Andrew

Thought i had some info on this group somewhere but can't locate. The only thing that's come to light apart from both records being the same artist, just spelling variation. Is that they did backing vocals on Ann Byers unissued "Love's such a wonderful thing".

Martyn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!