Rare Lp Tracks

Mick Sway

Just been in the loft .............

(Sad bastard alert).

Major Symphony - 'Metal Heart'. (Philips *French* Album, Prophetic Soul 1974)post-4889-12606466127897_thumb.jpg

PS. Remembered it was in my hallway cupboard, not the loft. shite memory me.

EDIT : It's on Refosoul. Tried to edit to add track, can't see how you do it (technophobe alert).

Here ya go............thumbsup.gif

MAJOR SYMPHONY - METAL HEART - PHILIPS -

Social source share

ALSO SANDRA WRIGHT - MIDNIGHT AFFAIR- (ALT TAKE) DEMON LP UK. although did get a legit 7" German release donkeys years later.but that doesnt count for me the only way to play it out is off the original (un-released ! LP)...love the confusion and esoteric world of rare soul vinyl collecting.

hey bret

my 45 of this is usa ive had years

atb

Social source share

some of top of my head 'how about

jeff floyd-throw her love to me

brothers unlimited-got to get over&take me back

clay hammond-come into these arms of love

dysons faces-wellcome to all this love again

joanne garrett-foolish me

james brown-your love was good for me

eliminators-loving explosion

all ace lp onlythumbup.gif

Social source share

"Midnight Affair" is definately a USA release 45. Saying that, the lp version is better than the 45, it seems to be a different mix with that rhythm guitar higher up in the mix.

The version of "Midnight Affair" on the Demon LP has got a different vocal take compared to the original US Truth label 45 and the backing track is indeed mixed differently. The differences in the vocal are subtle, but they're definitely there and she phrases certain words differently.

Social source share

I don't know if Brett means "Running Back" but "Midnight Affair" is definately a USA release 45. Saying that, the lp version is better than the 45, it seems to be a different mix with that rhythm guitar higher up in the mix.

i have lp also i'll have to dig em out and play em side by side but i don't hear 'owt wrong with 45?

dave

Social source share

Not just those two Steve, I have it on the US Roadshow LP:rolleyes:

Maybe it got a release in other countries also?

Don't mean to be difficult but are you sure, John? I don't remember it being on the US issue when I was looking!!

Many thanks

Edited by steveh73
Social source share

i have lp also i'll have to dig em out and play em side by side but i don't hear 'owt wrong with 45?

dave

Slightly of topic I have the Truth label 45 midnight affair with wounded woman on the flip im colour blind but missus tells me the label is a orange colour believe there is different coloured labels which was the first issue etc etc

lp only track Randy Brown --Do it baby --Welcome to my room

Social source share

heres a few

ann peebles-make me yours (best version by far)

4 tops-sexy ways

4 tops-save it for a rainy day

temptations-special

charles veal-new found love, this girls got a hold on me

clarence carter-try a piece of my love

all korkers (will learn how to do sound files soon, promise)

What album is Four Tops - Save It For A Rainy Day, from?

Social source share

some of top of my head 'how about

jeff floyd-throw her love to me

brothers unlimited-got to get over&take me back

clay hammond-come into these arms of love

dysons faces-wellcome to all this love again

joanne garrett-foolish me

james brown-your love was good for me

eliminators-loving explosion

all ace lp onlythumbup.gif

Dysons Faces is on a 45, only ever seen one copy tho', Bob Cosby's......

Girf

Social source share

Slightly of topic I have the Truth label 45 midnight affair with wounded woman on the flip im colour blind but missus tells me the label is a orange colour believe there is different coloured labels which was the first issue etc etc

lp only track Randy Brown --Do it baby --Welcome to my room

Not really a case of first or second issues, just regionally pressed differences. Vinyl copy is a red label with black type. Styrene copy (for the west coast?) has an orange label with white logo and credits in black type.

Social source share

Don't mean to be difficult but are you sure, John? I don't remember it being on the US issue when I was looking!!

Many thanks

Yes, it definately got a US Roadshow release - maybe the reason you didn't find it is because in the States the album is called "Slow dancin'"?g.gif Also it's got a different cover picture.

It's on Roadshow BXL 1-3443, released in 1979

Some for sale here:https://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&disp_ad_format_mode=0&artist=BEN+MOORE&price_above=%2E001&&title=SLOW+DANCIN&price_above=%2E001&&mi=294618410|190001245

Wasn't the other LP titled "Purified"?

Social source share

Talking LP's anyone know of the value of EON and OC Smith 'At home' lp's ? have them somewhere and would sell if anyone interested.

Anyone know the track by Kiki Dee ''Holding me too tight', 70,s track ,,,,, have that somewhere as well,

Some favs are Dusty's 'If it dont work out', Maxine Brown 'Give me a reason', Spellbinders 'Baby I miss you' and 'Thats the way you make me feel' from the 'Magic of' lp.

Nick

Social source share

Guest Brett F

hey bret

my 45 of this is usa ive had years

atb

Hi yes i know the US 45' of midnight affair i have it, like i stated the Demon LP cut is different,thats why i mentioned it in the thread.

Brett ps...please send any apologies to a charity of your choicewhistling.gif

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Guest Brett F

I don't know if Brett means "Running Back" but "Midnight Affair" is definately a USA release 45. Saying that, the lp version is better than the 45, it seems to be a different mix with that rhythm guitar higher up in the mix.

Hi Jordi, no i mean the LP take of Midnight Affair, this is indeed a different take from the Truth 45' (which i have on vinyl not the West Coast styrene...rolleyes.gif)

and yes it later got a 45' German release taken off the Demon Lp but about 15 years later, hence why i say the LP is the true vinyl original of 'THAT' take....PS i have also the German 45'laugh.gif

Brett

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

CANT BELIEVE NOBODY HAS YET MENTIONED, THE AWSOME........................

MARY MUNDY - "YOU PUT A HURTIN ON ME" .................FROM THE LP MOTHER NATURE

(CLIP IN REFOSOUL IF YOU WANT A LISTEN)

ALSO THE INCREDIBLE VERSION OF

"YOU BROUGHT IT ON YOURSELF" - LLOYD PRICE

Social source share

CANT BELIEVE NOBODY HAS YET MENTIONED, THE AWSOME........................

MARY MUNDY - "YOU PUT A HURTIN ON ME" .................FROM THE LP MOTHER NATURE

(CLIP IN REFOSOUL IF YOU WANT A LISTEN)

ALSO THE INCREDIBLE VERSION OF

"YOU BROUGHT IT ON YOURSELF" - LLOYD PRICE

Sorry to piss on your chips Johnnie Boy but MM came out on 45, although Steve Connor is the only guy i have seen with one!!!!!!!!!!!

LP is a great version isn't it...................and there are three different versions of the LP too! The strange world of Modern Soul :wink:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Sorry to piss on your chips Johnnie Boy but MM came out on 45, although Steve Connor is the only guy i have seen with one!!!!!!!!!!!

LP is a great version isn't it...................and there are three different versions of the LP too! The strange world of Modern Soul wink.gif

Cheers

Steve

I thought Chris Anderton played this on a 45 g.gif

come on Chris .....prove me wrongsad.gif

I should state ...referring to Mary Mundy

Edited by NEV
Social source share

Don't think anyone has mentioned the Moments / Sharp LP, with "I've Got The Need" and "Just Having Your Love".

If so then apologies

Cheers

Mick Holdsworth

MOMENTS - JUST HAVING YOUR LOVE.MP3 -

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

how about eloise laws - "if i dont watch out" - liberty 1980

gloria lynne - "ive got to tell somebody" - uk djm/us canyon

tina mason - "what"(version) - capitol

5th dimension - "what does it take" - bell

hearts of stone - "what does it take" - vip

magnificent men - "keep on climbin" - capitol