100% Oldies At The Barlife

I arrived to the news that we were a dj down but with a bit of reorganisation and good old fashioned mucking in it was soon rectified.This was our first all oldies night as we normally play right across the board but i think it was a success.With the addition of Martin Stanford from Peterborough as a resident dj every soulful base is now covered but we all reverted back to our youths for this event and I have to admit I really enjoyed it.Mak went on first followed by myself then Sharon K,Martin Stanford,guest dj Martin Topley(Boston Soul Survivors)then Martin Stanford went on again followed by Sharon K and then myself and Mak double decked until the end.Although it was all oldies the music was wide and varied from classic 60s through motown and classic 70s and all were received very well by the small but appreciative crowd.The numbers were slightly down but there were several new faces there and that was good to see and hopefully they enjoyed it enough to return.The dance floor was busy all night in fact I can't remember the last time it was so busy and that was lovely to see.All of the djs kept it busy and a special thanks must go to Martin Topley whos set was spot on as per normal with his blend of motown and oldies which had everyone smiling,indeed the whole atmosphere was a happy one and all of the committee commented on this and maybe some lessons have been learned with respect to delivering what the paying public wants from a soul night.The atmosphere is normally a good and happy one but this one seemed a little bit more special than usual and hopefully the Square Peg Soul Collective will go from strength to strength.The next event is on December 19th and is free entry as it tags on to the back of Chris Forrests' birthday celebration and then on New Years Eve we are at the Marine Bar with a free buffet and great views of the clock tower for the midnight celebrations all for £4.

Edited by pilgrimsoul
  • Replies 3
  • Views 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Due to running a errand i dropped her indoors off at the barlife and didnt get back till midnight and was suprised at the party atmosphere, not a massive crowd but a big percentage of dancers, nice to see, chris my better half said it had been like that all night and she had really enjoyed it, possibly cos I was missing :thumbup: every one I spoke too had said it had a party vibe about it sat night, probably partying coz they thought theyd got rid of me :thumbup: looking forward to the next one that is tagged to the teachers birthday bash and its free, see you there

Guest sharon k

Not a lot more i can add as chris totally summed the night up PARTY ATMOSPHERE spoke to 3 or 4 couples since saturday night and there all of the same opinion what a fantastic night they had they have never danced so much in one night, and had so many memories bought back by the quality of the tunes

played, i think a pat on the back to all concerned. thumbup.gif

SAT.19TH DEC.....FREE ENTRY

NYE.MARINE BOATHOUSE ROOF TOP CONSERVATORY FREE BUFFET 9.00 TILL 4.00 £4.00 OTD