• Replies 31
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Ollie Lailey

If you really want this Jazzman has just re-issued it, and you get the flip side, all legit for half the price!

Edited by Ollie Lailey
Social source share

disgraceful in my opinion, but I guess there's a market or they wouldn't do it...

I have to say though, I really don't get the attraction - if I just want the track, it's on CD somewhere, if I want the record, the joy is in getting an original, surely?

Social source share

disgraceful in my opinion, but I guess there's a market or they wouldn't do it...

I have to say though, I really don't get the attraction - if I just want the track, it's on CD somewhere, if I want the record, the joy is in getting an original, surely?

My thoughts exactly. I can't imagine waiting at the doorstep and the thrill of opening the package when it's just a carver. And with those you can't really brag about your collection (admit it, it's one of the greatest things about collectingwink.gif)

To conclude I'd say those kind of buyers deserve those kind of records...

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Aren't these the same people we all reported to Ebay several weeks ago???

If so many have done so, why doesn't ebay take this seriously??

Teresa

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Unfortunately these will keep turning up as more & more freeloaders get on the bandwagon...I've reported a few of thm to ebay with a 'thank you' reply promising an investigation into this practice, then nothing, ebay are making money out of it in listing fees & so on....do they really care, do they fuck.

KTF

Baz

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3ca778c13e

I KNOW PEOPLE HAVE CARVERS DONE

BUT THIS IS GOING TOO FAR

WHAT DO WE THINK

Social source share

- Boots are getting sold here on Soul Source, hardly anyone is against that.

- Most Northern Soul dealers in the UK and Europe stock boots, hardly anyone is against that.

Yet you guys say it's immoral to sell boots/carvers on Ebay? Stop being hypocritical!

If you guys really object to bootlegs getting sold as much as you say you do, get things going:

1) ban selling boots on Soul Source

2) report every dealer that sells illegal reissues to the authorities

Social source share

Guest brivinyl

- Most Northern Soul dealers in the UK and Europe stock boots, hardly anyone is against that.

Yet you guys say it's immoral to sell boots/carvers on Ebay? Stop being hypocritical!

If you guys really object to bootlegs getting sold as much as you say you do, get things going:

Bootlegs also on sale at many venues. What makes me laugh are the venues who advertise playing original vinyl only and then allow sellers/dealers to stand selling bootlegs.

Social source share

selling obvious boots is already "banned" be it carvers, dvds, cds or whatever

:lol: x 4

Social source share

selling obvious boots is already "banned" be it carvers, dvds, cds or whatever

:lol: x 4

that's not strictly true now is it mike; or at least not enforced? in the sales section we have a list with the heading clearly stating that they are 'boots' - can't really be any more obvious than that :lol:

Social source share

The people who buy these records are in a different world to OV collectors and long may it continue.While they are buying this tat ,it leaves the OV to the rest of us.

I'm guessing these carvers are only going to make the seller a quick buck before the novelty wears off.

Of course the buyers may be quite nice people,playing these records in darkened rooms with the door locked.Going round to play them at their mates,carrying them in umarked brown paper bags.biggrin.gif

Best try to ignore when they aren't passed off as originals.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

that's not strictly true now is it mike; or at least not enforced? in the sales section we have a list with the heading clearly stating that they are 'boots' - can't really be any more obvious than that :lol:

dep-ends on what you are talking about

havent looked but if you are on about boots from long gone

then would argue the fact that any such classification and follow on "banning" of such is impossible and/or unworkable

"obvious" is the key word here

surely you do not expect anyone to go and research the legitimacy of 30+ year old "boots"

Social source share

you winding me up

the only thread can see is this one

you using that as a reason to say "not strictly true":lol:

tell you what you go thru that list

come back and point out every one which is illegal and can be proved such to a definte stand up standard

when you done that then we take if from there

as i said "obvious " is the key word

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Hello everybody -

If I am not mistaken the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) could come into play here and enforce Ebay to remove recordings where a copyright has been infringed, if contacted by the owner of the recorded work. It would seem that these people have no regard for copyright and the knock on effect of what they are doing. There are a number of authorities who may be interested in monitoring this activity in the UK. For example :

antipiracy@bpi.co.uk

info@ifpi.org

Social source share

you winding me up

the only thread can see is this one

you using that as a reason to say "not strictly true":lol:

tell you what you go thru that list

come back and point out every one which is illegal and can be proved such to a definte stand up standard

when you done that then we take if from there

as i said "obvious " is the key word

Probably one of mine which says "Reissues, 2nd issues, pressings, boots, call them what you will".

I've got no qualms whatsoever about selling bootlegs from the heydey of NS, neither have the people who buy them. back in 1976-78 it was all that a lot of people could afford and the only way to get the records. That might be the case even more nowadays with some originals being hundreds even thousands of pounds, anyone getting in a tizzy about someone selling these type of things needs to get a life. And if anyone thinks I'm going to go through 200 of these items and try to find out which ones were legitmitely repressed 35 years ago is having a laugh.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Probably one of mine which says "Reissues, 2nd issues, pressings, boots, call them what you will".

I've got no qualms whatsoever about selling bootlegs from the heydey of NS, neither have the people who buy them. back in 1976-78 it was all that a lot of people could afford and the only way to get the records. That might be the case even more nowadays with some originals being hundreds even thousands of pounds, anyone getting in a tizzy about someone selling these type of things needs to get a life.

its ridiculous

people getting confused with record collecting terms and real life

if talking about fresh modern day bootlegs then yep by all means bring it up, draw attention to them,

it is something that is illegal and a crime

but come on banging on about 20-30 year old second hand 45s that may or may not have been bootlegs when first sold is ridiculous

the crime was done at the time it was first sold

the artist got shafted then, the buyer got wacked then and the bootlegger profited there and then

20 -30 years on surely no one can claim that by someone selling a 20/30 year old second hand possible bootleg 45 a crime is being done or repeated

or indeed that this site should take action against people selling such

if you do, then by all means post up just where you are coming from

Social source share

...the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) could come into play here...

Not quite. The DMCA is a piece of American legislation. As such it does not apply in the UK or Europe. Copyright laws across much of Europe are harmonised under the 'Copyright Directive', and in the UK this is applied under the 'Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988'. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Not quite. The DMCA is a piece of American legislation. As such it does not apply in the UK or Europe. Copyright laws across much of Europe are harmonised under the 'Copyright Directive', and in the UK this is applied under the 'Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988'. thumbsup.gif

it comes into play for listings on US ebay

Social source share

Guest stevejan

Bootlegs also on sale at many venues. What makes me laugh are the venues who advertise playing original vinyl only and then allow sellers/dealers to stand selling bootlegs.

thumbup.gifthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert