Bradford Queens Hall Any One With Any Old Photos

pjs

On 11/25/2009 at 13:02, Guest wrightypaul36 said:

Yes Lou Ragland did play downstairs in the modern room.He wasnt advertised to be performing,The first I knew was when a dj anounced at the beginning of his spot,(LOU RAGLAND IS ON DOWN STAIRS SHORTLY)About 40 punters made it down stairs,to witness one of the best live performances ive ever seen. Before he came on, A black guy took to the the stage area and did a mike test,people started to clap and he said dont clap me im not Lou Ragland. oops! Alot of people missed his show that night and didnt realise he was even on.Best song for me was the wonderful "SINCE YOU SAID YOU WOULD BE MINE" Fantastic! regards WrightyP.

Well if Lou's appearance wasn't advertised, I must have dreamt the ad shown below . . . 

The deal to have Lou on @ Queens Hall was done some weeks before the show, I should know as I organised & ran that tour (which ran to about 8 shows in all). I have quite a few old photos (prints not digi copies) from that night somewhere around here.

LouRagBradGig.jpg

Edited by Roburt
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I think I took these two pictures of Lou performing on his gig at the Queens Hall ... but we did so many shows in a short period & it was almost (exactly) 27 years ago, so I can't be sure.

Can anyone confirm that this looks like the downstairs room at Queens Hall !!

LouRaglndLive.jpg

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Roburt said:

I think I took these two pictures of Lou performing on his gig at the Queens Hall ... but we did so many shows in a short period & it was almost (exactly) 27 years ago, so I can't be sure.

Can anyone confirm that this looks like the downstairs room at Queens Hall !!

LouRaglndLive.jpg

I spy a mulletted Pete Hollander in the background. Yes it's downstairs at the Queens Hall. Dx

Edited by DaveNPete
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

On 24/11/2009 at 19:47, pjs said:

I seem to have miss placed all my photos from Bradfords Queen Hall,don't think I ever missed any of these all nighters,am I right in saying Lou Ragland played downstairs in the modern room.  Paul.

Lou Ragland downstairs at the QH circa May 1990.

Photo not taken by me. Original photographer unknown.

Derek

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

On 24/11/2009 at 19:47, pjs said:

I seem to have miss placed all my photos from Bradfords Queen Hall,don't think I ever missed any of these all nighters,am I right in saying Lou Ragland played downstairs in the modern room...memory going and all that..:shades:

Paul.

Lou Ragland downstairs at QH circa May 1990.

Photo not taken by me. Original photographer unknown.

Derek

Social source share

• 4 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!