• Replies 34
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

A great record to my mind....wish it got more plays

It's in that funny hinterland of being 'old hat to some' but 'unknown to most'. At the right time in a set I'm sure this could be a big northern spin as it's a very high quality soul record. The singing is tremendous.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

"It's in that funny hinterland of being 'old hat to some' but 'unknown to most'. At the right time in a set I'm sure this could be a big northern spin as it's a very high quality soul record. The singing is tremendous. "

agreed! has it had many plays in venues?

Edited by mulf
Social source share

"My copy of Sherrell Bros has the name stamped on the label, are they all like that? "

Think so Val. best bit of this track for me is where the vocals come in 'this man loves you, this man tries, but how can he hide the tears in his eyes....' hairs on the arms time...

Edited by mulf
Social source share

"It's in that funny hinterland of being 'old hat to some' but 'unknown to most'. At the right time in a set I'm sure this could be a big northern spin as it's a very high quality soul record. The singing is tremendous. "

Its a classic of Valencia Northern Soul Allnighters..the next is 3th of april, more info on: soul-source tread

post-6869-12591609121667_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I play it whenever I do a Crossover/Across the Board set, which isn't very often these days.

I passed a copy to Arthur to listen to at Sheridans and he almost bought it until my mrs piped up with her thoughts on how the backing sounded like a 1970s kids programme theme tune.... he lost interest immediately = I think he dropped a bollock for the £30 that was being asked.

Social source share

gets plated at ROOM WITH A VIEW at lowton and paul sadot was playing it regular at the dda....

Social source share

sorry i thought you had posted a flyer....

Not that i'm joining in here Mike but taking on Board What Albert posted and you singling him out.

No different to others ,and there seems a lot these days....advertising their preferred event as their " personal signature ":wicked:

Not that i mind ,but i do get a tad p**ed off when people see my email address in sales, and decide it's a good idea to send me a flyer every month:angry:

Social source share

Not that i'm joining in here Mike but taking on Board What Albert posted and you singling him out.

No different to others ,and there seems a lot these days....advertising their preferred event as their " personal signature "wicked.gif

Not that i mind ,but i do get a tad p**ed off when people see my email address in sales, and decide it's a good idea to send me a flyer every monthangry.gif

its not a signature

the blokes took the time and trouble to post a flyer up in a 45 talk thread

event spam to me

Social source share

Beautiful Philosophy and The Price.

Current prices anybody ?

Hi Steve

not sure if your sellin or buyin but if by chance your lookin to buy

Shame you missed this the other day

https://cgi.ebay.com/THE-INTERNATIONALS-crossover-northern-soul-DAR-105_W0QQitemZ120493632158QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item1c0dfaea9e

I was watching it and seen there were so many bidders i decided to leave it ,fearing a bidding war......

checked my ended items and sod law:sad:

Social source share

Im playing it out cos i love it biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest stromberg

mine is also val i,m sure they all are...

I remember that a copy was on ebay without a stamp of the groups name, no idea how many copies are out there without the stamp.

My copy was stamped as well, it was in the box of records being stolen from me ( I know it becomes boring), I got it from Shep for 15 UKP, don't think I'll get it back for that price6.gif

Social source share

I remember that a copy was on ebay without a stamp of the groups name, no idea how many copies are out there without the stamp.

My copy was stamped as well, it was in the box of records being stolen from me ( I know it becomes boring), I got it from Shep for 15 UKP, don't think I'll get it back for that price6.gif

Did you say ..you got it off Shep for £15g.gif

Oh dear mark...you were a tad generous back then buddy

Stefan ...i do hope the wounds are healing mate.....and good to hear your putting wants up..i:e rebuilding the awesome collection

Hopefully even better than beforethumbsup.gif

Social source share

Did you say ..you got it off Shep for £15g.gif

Oh dear mark...you were a tad generous back then buddy

Stefan ...i do hope the wounds are healing mate.....and good to hear your putting wants up..i:e rebuilding the awesome collection

Hopefully even better than beforethumbsup.gif

Thanks everybody. Looks like I've got a copy of the Internationals sorted, so just wanting the Sherrell Bros. Anybody ? Shep, got £20 waiting whistling.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ivor Jones

Thanks everybody. Looks like I've got a copy of the Internationals sorted, so just wanting the Sherrell Bros. Anybody ? Shep, got £20 waiting whistling.gif

Hello Steve,

Pm`d you earlier mate

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!