Radio Dj Mike Read's Collection Being Auctioned

Pete S

I have just been alerted to a major auction of DJ Mike Read's record collection - happening in Chiswick next Wednesday by a local auction house.

Here's the link to the (complete?) list of what's going, in case any of you want to bid - which I guess can be done online or by email. It's a major curate's egg with loads of rubbish lots including one or two gems and some mahoir rarities.

Have fun if it takes your fancy, and here's the link

https://www.chiswickauctions.co.uk/index.php/mike-read-sale/mike-read-sale-%e2%80%93%c2%a0long-version/

David Hughes

www.collectorsvinyl.co.uk

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

We did a piece on this at the Mirror about a month ago, shots of him in his record room and all that, the paper turned them down, think it only made the on line edition...

I'd post them up but I've gone over to the News Int / The Sun..

He must be skint, that said I expect he got sent everything, lets just hope he did not get Beano's of Croydon to do the valuations.... remember CH4..

Mal.C.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Leon Haywood - Baby reconsider ..... what label i wonder?

some nice tunes in there, lots of motown demo's, tommy neal, :lol: , thw who who song on Coral, per-so-nally on polydor, The Whispers on soul clock, follow your heart, breakout (on stateside), the debonairs (track), human beinz (demo) etc etc.... then i scrolled down to the good stuff.

not forgetting ridiculously rare 60's rock/psychadelia... T-rex early stuff on regal zonaphone, 60's Bowie

thats a serious collection, i enjoyed browsing

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert