Could This Be The Rarest Of All Uk Motown Singles?

Pete S

Never heard of this before - certainly never seen it before - anyone else? If so, any idea how many were made and what the value is?

PSRS 319A

Basically it's an invitation from EMI to I presume the movers and the shakers of the music press to attend a press conference event at EMI House in honour of Diana Ross & The Supremes, who of course are going to be the star guests. The record begins with Love Child which is described by the narrator as their latest single, he then explains about the event and it goes back into Love Child. The label states "this record was pressed specially for" and I guess the name of the intended guest would have been written in the blank space.

post-1893-12594128743321_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

never seen or heard of that one... is it for sale? - if it is I know someone who'll want it...

It is, but I was thinking of asking a certain dealer to maybe auction it for me as people never want to make concrete offers for anything. I forgot to cheque if it was in his book actually.

Social source share

I,ve not seen that record before either, however i have a white label 45, obviously a lot later, with narration by Diana Ross talking about 5th Dimension copying her record Love Hangover, which plays after her dialogue, b side is just a sound pitch noise. Matrix is SPS 399 so the numbering system seems to follow, if that is the case then in theory there should be a few more promotional items like this around.

Social source share

I,ve not seen that record before either, however i have a white label 45, obviously a lot later, with narration by Diana Ross talking about 5th Dimension copying her record Love Hangover, which plays after her dialogue, b side is just a sound pitch noise. Matrix is SPS 399 so the numbering system seems to follow, if that is the case then in theory there should be a few more promotional items like this around.

There are a lot of them - just never seen this one before.

Social source share

Never heard of this before - certainly never seen it before - anyone else? If so, any idea how many were made and what the value is?PSRS 319A

Basically it's an invitation from EMI to I presume the movers and the shakers of the music press to attend a press conference event at EMI House in honour of Diana Ross & The Supremes, who of course are going to be the star guests. The record begins with Love Child which is described by the narrator as their latest single, he then explains about the event and it goes back into Love Child. The label states "this record was pressed specially for" and I guess the name of the intended guest would have been written in the blank space.

post-1893-12594128743321_thumb.jpg

boxing.gifNice one Pete, this is a nice collectors piece, sounds to me the way you describe the 45, it is a 68 trade record perhaps warning managers of Dance Halls Radio of its racy lyrics probably needed some explanation??? can you remember playing banned record? REGGAR did not stand a chance back then with its RUDE Words. I would class this as obscure and a collector's completest record, I have not got a clue of its value but similar type records go for £15 to £25.. Changing the subject a bit I have a BBC TRANSCRIPTION PROGRAME LP "MOTOWN SINGS THE HITS" VA Mint- nice Record But who collects LPs,once again RAREph34r.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!