Fleet. V. Wiirrina

Guest rod

• Replies 7
  • Views 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The small room niters at the Wirrina circa 1974/1975 were awesome, when numbers attending dictated opening the bigger room its died a death.

That was awful in that big room , no atmosphere .........Some kind of sportshall wasn't it ?

Social source share

That was awful in that big room , no atmosphere .........Some kind of sportshall wasn't it ?

Kind of Martyn. It was regularly used for roller skating sessions mate.

Social source share

Kind of Martyn. It was regularly used for roller skating sessions mate.

Seem to remember they split it in half with a curtain at one point when numbers were dwindling , just before the fleet opened ?

Social source share

Seem to remember they split it in half with a curtain at one point when numbers were dwindling , just before the fleet opened ?

Maybe someone can sort me out here...Dave Mindham and I held our last nighter at the Wirrina late 1975 and we never had the curtains pulled.

So did someone else take up the mantle if so who and when?

Social source share

Maybe someone can sort me out here...Dave Mindham and I held our last nighter at the Wirrina late 1975 and we never had the curtains pulled.

So did someone else take up the mantle if so who and when?

Mr Cox mate ,after St Ives shut in 77 untill The Fleet opened in 78 .........Then again after the Fleet shut in 82 if I remember correct ( bomb scare time ?) -perhaps Macca can help out on this one ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!