Unreserved Apology For David Miller (& Thanks To Ss Readers)

Scooterboy

Hi Folks,

Many thanks to all of you for your comments / scans / observations regarding the recent enquiry by David Miller regarding the authenticity of the Royal Five record 'Say It To My Face'. Your input was essential in helping clear up a major c*ck-up on my part as I was the seller to whom he referred.

I offer an unreserved aplogy to David for my error in selling him a boot when I had genuinely believed I was selling an original record.

I had said to David that should this be proved to be a boot I would offer my apology via this site and that's exactly what I'm doing for all to see.

A full refund is being made to David and the final email I sent him regarding this most embarrassing episode is posted below (this was sent yesterday @ 18.18).

I have never erred in this way before and will canvass opinion / advice / guidance in future before selling anything if there is even the slightest doubt regarding authenticity as I am keen that no-one else has cause to be in any way disatisfied with any dealings with me.

I sincerely hope that this genuine error has not in any way brought this site into disrepute and I can only hope that I will not be ostracised by SS and it's members for this mistake.

Once again I offer an unreserved apology.

Chris

Hi David,

Further to our respective emails on Friday / Saturday I have conducted further research into the appearance of the originals / boots (this has been helpfully supplemented by the SS thread).

I was wrong. You were right.

I had sold you what I firmly believed to be an original issue and it has indeed proved to be a boot. I was blissfully unaware of the deep purple (almost blue) original issue label and thought that rich purple colour of the label on the record I sent you was indeed the original.

No deceit or misrepresentation was intended and I apologise unreservedly (not only for selling the record but for any embarrassment caused to you if you got 'pulled up' for playing a boot). As I had bought this as an original myself I feel even more of a fool (1. for selling it to you and 2. assuming I'd got a legit copy in the first place).

Can you please remind me of your address and I will refund the £100 (plus postage of £5) immediately. I'll also add and other £2.50 to cover postage back to me. I intend to have this record framed as a reminder to check, check and check again before selling anything.

I shall, as per my emails early on Saturday post a full apology to you on SS (would you like to see the proposed text before I submit to ensure that you are happy with the content?).

Once again, please accept my unreserved apologies; the mistake was genuine but nonetheless it was a mistake on my part. I hope there are no hard feelings.

Kind regards

Chris

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Folks,

Many thanks to all of you for your comments / scans / observations regarding the recent enquiry by David Miller regarding the authenticity of the Royal Five record 'Say It To My Face'. Your input was essential in helping clear up a major c*ck-up on my part as I was the seller to whom he referred.

I offer an unreserved aplogy to David for my error in selling him a boot when I had genuinely believed I was selling an original record.

I had said to David that should this be proved to be a boot I would offer my apology via this site and that's exactly what I'm doing for all to see.

A full refund is being made to David and the final email I sent him regarding this most embarrassing episode is posted below (this was sent yesterday @ 18.18).

I have never erred in this way before and will canvass opinion / advice / guidance in future before selling anything if there is even the slightest doubt regarding authenticity as I am keen that no-one else has cause to be in any way disatisfied with any dealings with me.

I sincerely hope that this genuine error has not in any way brought this site into disrepute and I can only hope that I will not be ostracised by SS and it's members for this mistake.

Chris

Hi David,

Further to our respective emails on Friday / Saturday I have conducted further research into the appearance of the originals / boots (this has been helpfully supplemented by the SS thread).

I had sold you what I firmly believed to be an original issue and it has indeed proved to be a boot. I was blissfully unaware of the deep purple (almost blue) original issue label and thought that rich purple colour of the label on the record I sent you was indeed the original.

No deceit or misrepresentation was intended and I apologise unreservedly (not only for selling the record but for any embarrassment caused to you if you got 'pulled up' for playing a boot). As I had bought this as an original myself I feel even more of a fool (1. for selling it to you and 2. assuming I'd got a legit copy in the first place).

Can you please remind me of your address and I will refund the £100 (plus postage of £5) immediately. I'll also add and other £2.50 to cover postage back to me. I intend to have this record framed as a reminder to check, check and check again before selling anything.

I shall, as per my emails early on Saturday post a full apology to you on SS (would you like to see the proposed text before I submit to ensure that you are happy with the content?).

Once again, please accept my unreserved apologies; the mistake was genuine but nonetheless it was a mistake on my part. I hope there are no hard feelings.

Kind regards

Chris

I appreciate your every word Chris and appreciate also the way in which you have handled the whole issue.

David Miller.

Edited by Soulfool
Social source share

omg you still sellin boots after all these years chris ...........:thumbsup:

Chris you are one of the most genuine guys out there and so polite, it is un believeable, well done loads of b...s to admite you made a mistake.. I know you wouldnt knowingly sell a dodgy record

Still laugh about the time you played a record and i said it was shite.. you apolgised all night to me

TOP GUY:thumbup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Folks,

Chris

Hi David,

Kind regards

Chris

one of the most sincere posts ive ever read on here, top man indeed :thumbup:

Social source share

By way of conclusion....

A full refund has now been made to David (and the cheque is genuinely 'in the post').

I'd just like to say a massive 'Thank You' to David and to all of you who offered your messages of support (as I was understandably aprehensive about the reaction my post would generate, but a promise is a promise and I did say to David that I would publically acknowledge my error).

I am genuinely humbled by your comments and kind words.

Chris

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!