• Replies 23
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ste Brazil

370292359542 - Search under this item number, a little OTT?!:ph34r:

Ste. (Wish i had bought a few copies of this)

P.S. Anybody want my copy for £200? whistling

Social source share

370292359542 - Search under this item number, a little OTT?!ph34r.gif

Ste. (Wish i had bought a few copies of this)

Saw this and nearly choked on me sausage!

It's like the Darrow Fletcher "My Young Misery" a couple of weeks ago..

The joke is there are so many great records you can pick up cheap but the mutton just keep following the rest of the herd :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, I like the stuff Kings Go Forth are doing but FFS..

I bet Andy wishes he'd kept a few back for the lotusland store!

Best.. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

yes would sell mine for 200 quid

A very good mate of mine was over in England from Perth not long ago i give him a unplayed copy for fee, after all it was only £10!

Hope your enjoying it Paul :thumbup:

I'll be around! ozzysoul good.gif

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

have noticed that seller gets top dollar for most of his records ,think its more about building up a reputation on ebay ,then people keep buyin and arent really aware of the actual price,fair play to him though im sure we wld all love to sell at that kind of profit all the time :D

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

I suspect you mean Paul Feeney........got my copy of this from Sam Goldie, in the box & not for sale.....I wanted it for the other side 'You're The One'

KTF

Baz

A very good mate of mine was over in England from Perth not long ago i give him a unplayed copy for fee, after all it was only £10!

Hope your enjoying it Paul thumbsup.gif

I'll be around! ozzysoul good.gif

Steve J

Social source share

have noticed that seller gets top dollar for most of his records ,think its more about building up a reputation on ebay ,then people keep buyin and arent really aware of the actual price,fair play to him though im sure we wld all love to sell at that kind of profit all the time thumbup.gif

The seller is a well respected contributor on this forum and I'm sure we all genuinely wish him the best of success. He is a seller with integrity and knowledge who often offers great items for sale. His sales will rightly carry some premium.

The point being made, I believe, is we have recently seen some very big prices for items that seem stratospheric even with them being 'in-demand'. The hope would be that people looked and listened a little more widely for their tunes to exploit the treasure there is out there.

With Respect.. :D

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

I suspect you mean Paul Feeney........got my copy of this from Sam Goldie, in the box & not for sale.....I wanted it for the other side 'You're The One'

KTF

Baz

Baz it was ozzysoul paul hannigan, paul & denny johnson spent the afternoon playing records one staurday at mine in melton, denny left with a bit of a wants list :D

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

But this applies to any record that becomes in demand!

The Ethics - I want my baby back is another example.

Person on here says he will give me £25 for it(Mint white demo) as that what its worth he says

Then when it becomes a bit in demand a few months later he has a copy up for sale for £100 and obviously wont sell it to me cheaper. WE are all opportunists otherwise what the point of collecting if you cant have bragging rights!

Mind you - The Kings go forth must be pretty rare in the whole scheme of things if only 500 copies were made compared to other titles that supposedly are rare but are turning up by the bucket load.

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Mind you - The Kings go forth must be pretty rare in the whole scheme of things if only 500 copies were made compared to other titles that supposedly are rare but are turning up by the bucket load.

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

Have 2 unplayed copies here might keep them for when it reach's £500 thumbup.gif but then we can all dream, utter madness imho.

cheers Ralph

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Have 2 unplayed copies here might keep them for when it reach's £500 thumbup.gif but then we can all dream, utter madness imho.

cheers Ralph

From the five i had i have two left, two went to mates at cost one free to oz.

So come on lets see how many unplayed ones are in the hands of soulsource members?

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

I bought 3 originally 2 for mates and one for myself, i sold mine for the price i paid £10 and my mates got theirs off the web thus 2 unplayed ones left on my shelf at home, not something i feel like playing out as not that keen on it, thats why i sold my copy, but might hang on to these 2 just because of the rareity it will become if only 500 were pressed.

cheers Ralph

Social source share

Seems like there's peaks and valleys with this one. Right after it sold out the price shot up and then it dropped down to $50-$70 and now it sounds like it's back up again. Good track.....just wish it was recorded with a little more ooompf!!! Not sure if they used vintage equipment or not. Does anyone know?:thumbup:

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Know Paul & Karen well & Denny even better....& I bet he left with a bit of a wants list...lol......he's 'always' got one of those.

KTF

Baz

Baz it was ozzysoul paul hannigan, paul & denny johnson spent the afternoon playing records one staurday at mine in melton, denny left with a bit of a wants list whistling

Social source share

Just had a listen to it on ebay. Both sides are pretty good - I prefer "One Day". Both tunes are a bit drum-heavy for me and could do with a mix to bring up the vocals, b/vox, guitar and horns. Just my preference tho'. I'd pay a fiver for it but not £140. I'm sure you could find comparable (if not better!) records in any major American city for a few dollars...There's a copy in an Ebay auction that starts at £9.99 if anyone's interested...

Edited by shuggie61
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!