Soul Sam @ Soul Revolution This Friday

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

LAST EVER SOUL REVOLUTION

n217954658265_1641.jpg

Soul Revolution.

Friday December 4th, 10pm - 3am £5 entry.

Playing the very best Northern Soul and funk sounds, all played off original 45rpm vinyl.

This month Soul Revolution welcomes the return of Soul Sam to the decks alongside resident DJ James Trouble.

This will be the last Soul Revolution due to Katie being very ill and needing a serious operation after xmas to remove her stomach. She'll be more concerned with keeping alive rather than promoting a party to you unappreciative scaly wags!

Hope some of you can make it for this, Soul Sam playing for a solid 2 hour set, can't be bad!!!!!

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

LAST EVER SOUL REVOLUTION

n217954658265_1641.jpg

Soul Revolution.

Friday December 4th, 10pm - 3am £5 entry.

Playing the very best Northern Soul and funk sounds, all played off original 45rpm vinyl.

This month Soul Revolution welcomes the return of Soul Sam to the decks alongside resident DJ James Trouble.

This will be the last Soul Revolution due to Katie being very ill and needing a serious operation after xmas to remove her stomach. She'll be more concerned with keeping alive rather than promoting a party to you unappreciative scaly wags!

Hope some of you can make it for this, Soul Sam playing for a solid 2 hour set, can't be bad!!!!!

Bldy Hell James thats terrible, not much i can say really but have a great night anyway, best, Arthur.

Bldy Hell James thats terrible, not much i can say really but have a great night anyway, best, Arthur.

The first one was good, almost felt like a revolution, after that you bottled out of the real "revolution" and lost it edge, you should have kept the funk room but you were too scared it would take over and it would not be about you, shame it could have been massive.

Edited by fryer
Guest James Trouble

Thanks for that, Fryer. You didn't go to any after the first one, did you?

How's your new techno night going?

Arthur, not really much that can be said about Katie, other than what's so obvious. I've personally never known anyone quite like her, and am so glad that we've been able to give her a taste of the Soul Scene she's otherwise unable to experience. She's always loved Northern, but never been able to know the 'scene'.

I wish I had the time to be able to promote the club myself, but it's just impossible these days. Maybe in a few years the "Revolution" will rear up again, but after Friday it's got to lie dormant...

Hi James, hope to drop in on Chelmo Friday, please pass on best wishes to Katie, the battle she's faced kinda puts the petty outbursts on on here into perspective.

Taff

Thanks for that, Fryer. You didn't go to any after the first one, did you?

How's your new techno night going?

Arthur, not really much that can be said about Katie, other than what's so obvious. I've personally never known anyone quite like her, and am so glad that we've been able to give her a taste of the Soul Scene she's otherwise unable to experience. She's always loved Northern, but never been able to know the 'scene'.

I wish I had the time to be able to promote the club myself, but it's just impossible these days. Maybe in a few years the "Revolution" will rear up again, but after Friday it's got to lie dormant...

Actually soul spectrum is on this Saturday and doing brilliant. We continue to really play funk, northern, disco and modern alongside each other without ever catering for the soul scene directly, making for a much younger more fun crowd with more open ears whilst atracting true music/soul lovers who are not blinkered by value or rarity or who plays what where. As for my disco edit/electronic weeknight , its rammed and great fun you should come and take photos, be carefull tho you might like the music and start a new trouble cruisade. New year should be good too.

post-899-12597513860987_thumb.jpg

Guest James Trouble

Fryer, you mean the funk room that was at all the three room allnighters that Keb described as "better than any 100 Club ever was" and Butch said was " The best promotion in the history of Northern Soul"?

Okay dockey. Shame you only ever went to the first one!

Taff, will be good to see you, sir. Think we're going out for an Italian before the club, maybe 8.30ish. Let us know if you fancy joining us...

Good luck with the last event James..

Had some great times doing Soul Rev... I too think it could have been massive with the Funk boys/ Northern boys and the choirboys in our little nest... The Mik Parry post in lookback from that first event will go down in soul history...

Like with so many revolutions, they fail because of in-fighting among the top brass... The masses were well up for it, real shame as it had the chance to take the on the world but only got to be a skirmish in the far south....

Maybe best that you and Fryer should just slug it out in a carpark and leave it off the events page :rolleyes:

Peace and love brothers...

Fryer, you mean the funk room that was at all the three room allnighters that Keb described as "better than any 100 Club ever was" and Butch said was " The best promotion in the history of Northern Soul"?

Okay dockey. Shame you only ever went to the first one!

Taff, will be good to see you, sir. Think we're going out for an Italian before the club, maybe 8.30ish. Let us know if you fancy joining us...

thats right, myself and ian did not want to do it after the first one (second for ian) after you made it all about you, im glad they were good and hats of to you for working hard at it, but they could have been better :rolleyes:

Edited by fryer

Butch said was " The best promotion in the history of Northern Soul"?

was that before or after you let him fling your mellow madness across the room :rolleyes:

Anyway you cant finish the night yet, you have still to do your controversial (Simon Cowel inspired) u-turn and book Lavine and go on about him being the best soul dj in history.

Edited by fryer
Guest Lobster Madras

Good luck with the last event James..

Had some great times doing Soul Rev... I too think it could have been massive with the Funk boys/ Northern boys and the choirboys in our little nest... The Mik Parry post in lookback from that first event will go down in soul history...

Like with so many revolutions, they fail because of in-fighting among the top brass... The masses were well up for it, real shame as it had the chance to take the on the world but only got to be a skirmish in the far south....

Maybe best that you and Fryer should just slug it out in a carpark and leave it off the events page :rolleyes:

Peace and love brothers...

Good luck with the last event, sure with Sam there it will be top drawer!

Nearly spot on, Steve..... less infighting rather than a complete lack of respect for old so called pals and rampant ego-mania........ you didn't treat us very well James and killed a potentially long running great night there.. A real shame..

Peace and love !

Edited by Lobster Madras

I am really not sure what has made James say that the reason we are not doing Soul Rev anymore is because of me and my health. I have only missed one night since we have been doing them... Yes I MAY need surgery but to say I will be concerned about keeping alive rather than doing these nights is totally over the top! I came on here to see if there was any feed back from last night so I am godsmacked at what I have just read!!

James has always been amazing to me and really kind and supported my causes etc, etc so I am really upset that he has used my health as reason to stop doing the nights. This is the first and hopefully the last time I will feel so annoyed that I have to put it on a website to set the record straight! I live everyday to the full and James has helped me enjoy Northern on my door step and I remain very grateful for that but saying its me that has caused the night to come to an end is rubbish!!

The truth is that the nights started well but Chelmsford is a really hard crowd and we weren't getting that many people through the door, you win some you loose some in life, thats all. I hope we do the nights again but maybe on bank holidays to keep them fresh. James put up with idiots asking for rubbish and this had an effect on how long we thought we could put up with that, especially James given how passionate he is about the Northen Soul. James was really good in the way he handled them and just got on with palying amazing records

James has a good heart and I do think an awful lot of him but I can't just let someone blame my health problems for ending a soul do! I have said what I needed to say and would like to move on from it.

Katie xxx (not at deaths door which some people seem to think I was when they saw me last night...now I realise why)!!! Never give up!! xx

Guest micklove61

James Sorry to hear your no longer doing the bassment.

However I am pleased to say that Northern Soul is not dead in Chelmsford

there is Soul @ The Barhouse.

On our 1st Anniversary we are having an Allnighter. It has taken me 4 months or so to get Mr Ian Levine to DJ at it.On the 17th April 2010 which he has agreed to do.

So People of Chelmsford/Essex it's gonna be a blast.

James Sorry to hear your no longer doing the bassment.

However I am pleased to say that Northern Soul is not dead in Chelmsford

there is Soul @ The Barhouse.

On our 1st Anniversary we are having an Allnighter. It has taken me 4 months or so to get Mr Ian Levine to DJ at it.On the 17th April 2010 which he has agreed to do.

So People of Chelmsford/Essex it's gonna be a blast.

Certainly alive and kicking in Chelmsford, Ians just e mailed me and told me the good newsand that he is very happy to accept! Us chelmer girls are off to a modern soul do in chelmsford tonight... another lot of potential punters that chose not to attend Soul Rev..

Northern Soul, it's a way of life, not a game u can use to promote an ego....... It's been my life for 25 years and will continue to be both in and out of our lovely Soulful chelmsford...

Guest micklove61

Certainly alive and kicking in Chelmsford, Ians just e mailed me and told me the good newsand that he is very happy to accept! Us chelmer girls are off to a modern soul do in chelmsford tonight... another lot of potential punters that chose not to attend Soul Rev..

Northern Soul, it's a way of life, not a game u can use to promote an ego....... It's been my life for 25 years and will continue to be both in and out of our lovely Soulful chelmsford...

I forgot to add Mr Simon White is also coming to DJ too Annie.

Guest micklove61

Great to have them both on board eh Mick! it's sure gonna be a blast!!

x

Might even celebrate Annie & go see Ady & Co at The 100 Club, havn't seen Ady in Years.

Next 100 Club dance is the Xmas Party Tues Dec 22nd 9pm-2am.

Mick Smith Ady Croasdell and more.

Next nighter is Jan 9th 10pm-6am. DJs Butch, Mick Smith, Ady Croasdell and others www.6ts.info for info.

Guest micklove61

Mr Levine has told me Annie that he has a Mega Rare 1965 Tune that John Manship has not even listed, that Tim Brown or Pat Brady has never seen in there lives and he is gonna spin it's debut at Soul @ The Barhouse Allnighter.

A Totaly unknown discovery on original vinyl getting it's public premiere in little old Chelmsford. Love it.

Mr Levine has told me Annie that he has a Mega Rare 1965 Tune that John Manship has not even listed, that Tim Brown or Pat Brady has never seen in there lives and he is gonna spin it's debut at Soul @ The Barhouse Allnighter.

A Totaly unknown discovery on original vinyl getting it's public premiere in little old Chelmsford. Love it.

go and read this

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=3

think #1 covers the point

cheap and tacky event plugs on other event threads are not welcome at the best of times

given whats gone on in the past, your posts in this thread could be seen as deliberate sh*t stirring

take this as a warning

Guest Catfish

Looks like James and Katie need to have a chat.. bit tasteless though for people to jump in taking advantage to publicly deride James for his mistake. Looks like lots of unrelated personal agendas being aired.

Does anyone really think he would have posted that if he thought it was not true, he is not that dim. There are loads of very neutral and uncontroversial reasons he could cite to end a do; people do it all the time.

On a brighter note, looking forward to the new 'bank holiday' (?) dos, hope they happen; only ever managed one Soul Rev in Chelmsford due to a regular Friday commitment. Hope all is OK Katie, see you again next year I hope.

Edited by Catfish
Guest James Trouble

I am really not sure what has made James say that the reason we are not doing Soul Rev anymore is because of me and my health. I have only missed one night since we have been doing them... Yes I MAY need surgery but to say I will be concerned about keeping alive rather than doing these nights is totally over the top! I came on here to see if there was any feed back from last night so I am godsmacked at what I have just read!!

James has always been amazing to me and really kind and supported my causes etc, etc so I am really upset that he has used my health as reason to stop doing the nights. This is the first and hopefully the last time I will feel so annoyed that I have to put it on a website to set the record straight! I live everyday to the full and James has helped me enjoy Northern on my door step and I remain very grateful for that but saying its me that has caused the night to come to an end is rubbish!!

The truth is that the nights started well but Chelmsford is a really hard crowd and we weren't getting that many people through the door, you win some you loose some in life, thats all. I hope we do the nights again but maybe on bank holidays to keep them fresh. James put up with idiots asking for rubbish and this had an effect on how long we thought we could put up with that, especially James given how passionate he is about the Northen Soul. James was really good in the way he handled them and just got on with palying amazing records

James has a good heart and I do think an awful lot of him but I can't just let someone blame my health problems for ending a soul do! I have said what I needed to say and would like to move on from it.

Katie xxx (not at deaths door which some people seem to think I was when they saw me last night...now I realise why)!!! Never give up!! xx

Hey Katie,

We were getting people in, hardly a failure, just short of 90 in on Friday, wasn't it? In a venue that holds 130-150ish. Which is a lot more than Mick Love's venue 'The Barhouse' can hold, especially after Levine squeezes through the door. What's the capacity of your room at the Barhouse, Mick? Can't be more than 50? 40 maybe? dance floor holds about 6 maybe less depending on how deep the queue is for the bar? At most of the Soul Revolution parties in Chelmsford we have had over 100 through the door, and the first 2 were complete sell outs and we were turning folk away. The reason for that is because of the hard promotion that went into it by all of us, me, Katie and Jappy Bobby. I do not have the time to be able to do that now, Chinese Jimmy is too stoned and too involved with his new band "The Dog Touchers", which he is playing harmonica in, to be a part of the team, and I assumed that facing your operation you will not either, Katie? But that is why I have so much respect for you, you face up to challenges in life that would cause normal people to buckle. As I said to you again on Friday, if you feel we can can continue pushing it hard, I'll support anything you want us to do. But unless we promote it 100%, no half measures, which I am not in a position to do at the moment as you are not, we won't be getting enough people through the door who want to hear funk and soul music. Unless of couse we move the event to a smaller venue, like The Barhouse.

Edited by James Trouble