Goldsoul

• Replies 39
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mrs norman maine

If anyone sees a Gene Chandler Stateside demo among many others, could they contact Weatherfield police station. Much appreciated.

All he had to do was apologise rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Guest kev such

My Mrs (bless her) just asked me what I would do if she did that to my tunes. The diplomat in me just stood up and walked away, without saying a word.innocent.gif

Social source share

Did you see her dangle his Archie Bell and the drells out the window?!!!

Shocking!

Exactly! What the hell are they doing putting such ideas into the mind's of 'the others'??????? I just moved nervously across from my computer to the shelves as she sat in front of the telly eyeing them up with a strange grin on her face! Not funny in my book!

Social source share

I wanted to know which record had cost him £200 and took him 7 months to "track down".

If my memory serves me well , was not this the " Stateside demo copy of Gene Chandler " ?

With numerous ones melted and the others kipnapped by Liz , he needs to apologise PDQ , or he is going to be ferked for his Radio One NYE programme :thumbup:

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

BAD NEWS THEM WOMENFOLK SOMETIMES

It ain't just women that behave badly, many years ago, I had a carrier bag of my records smashed on the floor by a twat who realised I didn't want him anymore and that I thought more of my records than I did of him...yes.gif

We watched it and were making up different ways of torturing her once we'd got hold of her...laugh.gif

Social source share

Reckon she did him a favour clearing out some of them dusty oldies :lol::wub:

Seriously though, I think he was just TOO restrained for it to be realistic :thumbup:

His reaction was like she'd thrown out some old clothes or something, not his prized record collection.

Wasn't the Gene Chandler Stateside demo the prized item in Liz's other boyfriend's collection - the Teddy boy lothario. :ohmy: Always thought Lloyd was more of a "Flirtations" type of guy???

Social source share

Reckon she did him a favour clearing out some of them dusty oldies :lol::wub:

Seriously though, I think he was just TOO restrained for it to be realistic :thumbup:

His reaction was like she'd thrown out some old clothes or something, not his prized record collection.

Wasn't the Gene Chandler Stateside demo the prized item in Liz's other boyfriend's collection - the Teddy boy lothario. :ohmy: Always thought Lloyd was more of a "Flirtations" type of guy???

I stand corrected - it was the prized item in Vernon's collection , not Lloyd's .

Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways , and may I give you top marks go to you for including the word " lothario " in a SS posting .

Malc Burton

Social source share

ARCHIE BELL MY BALLOONS GOIN UP ONE OF MY FAVS REALLY FELT FOR LLOYD ,BAD NEWS THEM WOMENFOLK SOMETIMES

REGARDS DOOG

I always thought that My Balloon's Going Up was US issue only with no centre and I thought the one on Corrie had a solid centre! I really must get a life!!. I knew this topic would be on soul source. Great stuff - this is what we want; nothing too serious.

Social source share

I always thought that My Balloon's Going Up was US issue only with no centre and I thought the one on Corrie had a solid centre! I really must get a life!!. I knew this topic would be on soul source. Great stuff - this is what we want; nothing too serious.

Not serious??? You would not be saying that if you'd of seen the smug look on my Mrs face as Corrie World granted her a divine revelation...

That look said 'I know I could always hurt you more than you could hurt me, no matter whay you did!' Yikes!!!thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Reckon she did him a favour clearing out some of them dusty oldies laugh.giflaugh.gif

Seriously though, I think he was just TOO restrained for it to be realistic thumbsup.gif

Wasn't the Gene Chandler Stateside demo the prized item in Liz's other boyfriend's collection - the Teddy boy lothario. unsure.gif Always thought Lloyd was more of a "Flirtations" type of guy???

Concurrthumbsup.gif with Malc - Teddy Boy lothario - top class, mate!

Social source share

I stand corrected - it was the prized item in Vernon's collection , not Lloyd's .

Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways , and may I give you top marks go to you for including the word " lothario " in a SS posting .

Malc Burton

Another example of NS legendary stories be twisted.laugh.gif .I'm sure Liz had a copy of Winfield Parker in her hand,but like everyone in the known world,had just heard it was worth adding a zero onto the price.

Tip for the top A Bell & Drells......Balloon's going up.

Social source share

Enough of all this have some respect Blanche is dead.

Never mind the story line in Corrie regarding Lloyd's tunes , I am waiting for how they are going to break the news to Eccles that Blanche has shuffled off this mortal coil .....

Malc Burton

Social source share

Yeah that was the first one to go in the Lizfest....... :thumbsup:

Liz's technique was all wromg , and may I say somewhat half hearted . If she had have wanted to get some distance on the records , she would have dispatched them from her hand , using a flick of the wrist - a la throwing a frisbee - when she did so ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

How inconsiderate of her not to tell him whether or not it was a US issue or Uk demo or Brazillian EP for that matter.

If Corrie were going to be historically accurate they should have mentioned the condition of them as well. They might only have been VG minus!

Tell you what - How they are going to emcompass Blanche death into the storyline now is going to be interesting.

At the church the Organist is playing "Halos are for Angels"biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Liz's technique was all wromg , and may I say somewhat half hearted . If she had have wanted to get some distance on the records , she would have dispatched them from her hand , using a flick of the wrist - a la throwing a frisbee - when she did so ......

Malc Burton

Watch it all again folks. You have to endur the adverts but the rest can slide forward

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=110880

14.30 and 17.20

No record sleeves wanker.gif

Social source share

How inconsiderate of her not to tell him whether or not it was a US issue or Uk demo or Brazillian EP for that matter.

If Corrie were going to be historically accurate they should have mentioned the condition of them as well. They might only have been VG minus!

Tell you what - How they are going to emcompass Blanche death into the storyline now is going to be interesting.

At the church the Organist is playing "Halos are for Angels"[img] biggrin.gif

Then they will be " Blanche Carter - ing " her off I suppose ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Often wondered if any 'soul fan celebrities' like Craig who plays Lloyd are members on here? Bet he is reading this thread right now....unsure.gif

Craig Charles is a contributing member to / of another notable internet forum .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

I come on Soul-source to get away from FOOKING CORONATION STREET!!

:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::angry::angry::angry::angry::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Yeah, I am sure we all do, but unfortuately Northern Soul is big news in the street...so it seems.thumbsup.gif So much for the 'Underground' then....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!