Csta

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Something doesn't look quite right about the bidding but it is hard to tell as ebay hide the bidders ID's.

Both were won by the same person (t***t with 18 feedbacks) who looks like he had large snipes placed.

On the Trade Martin the under bidder was a***o (89 feedbacks) who seemed to push the bidding up in the last 15 minutes or so of the auction from $150. He pushed it past l***6 (20 fb) and then 10 bids later (in 10 minutes!) past o***o (109 fb) who had two bids of $250 and $300. Odd for a record that is £30 in the price guides.

On the Hannibal the under bidder was our friend o***o (109 fb) who again had two bids of errrr $250 and $300 before t***t struck again with an overbearing snipe. Again, odd for a record that guides at £30.

I might have a look at a few other of the sellers completed auctions to see if there is a pattern or I might just go out and have a few beers at York Soul Club and consider if I am just an old cynic or not.

It is probably nothing other than a couple or more people in the same area of the world who are both after a couple of records that are getting some plays in that area.

Who knows? :innocent:

edit: actually a***o appears on a few of his completed auctions :chinstroke:

Edited by paultp
Social source share

• 2 months later...

Something doesn't look quite right about the bidding but it is hard to tell as ebay hide the bidders ID's.

Both were won by the same person (t***t with 18 feedbacks) who looks like he had large snipes placed.

On the Trade Martin the under bidder was a***o (89 feedbacks) who seemed to push the bidding up in the last 15 minutes or so of the auction from $150. He pushed it past l***6 (20 fb) and then 10 bids later (in 10 minutes!) past o***o (109 fb) who had two bids of $250 and $300. Odd for a record that is £30 in the price guides.

On the Hannibal the under bidder was our friend o***o (109 fb) who again had two bids of errrr $250 and $300 before t***t struck again with an overbearing snipe. Again, odd for a record that guides at £30.

I might have a look at a few other of the sellers completed auctions to see if there is a pattern or I might just go out and have a few beers at York Soul Club and consider if I am just an old cynic or not.

It is probably nothing other than a couple or more people in the same area of the world who are both after a couple of records that are getting some plays in that area.

Who knows? innocent.gif

edit: actually a***o appears on a few of his completed auctions g.gif

These two have showed up and won a few i've been bidding on recently, all sold for extortionate prices, must have bags of cashwicked.gif

Social source share

Alright, I see why you cannot agree if it's the same label in the two auctions.

First off, the auction which has already ended (at $305.00). Link: https://cgi.ebay.com/Hannibal-My-Kinda-Girl-R-B-MOD-SOUL-uptempo-HEAR-45_W0QQitemZ280429747368QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item414aea5ca8

The picture that he has uploaded to ebay in the already finished auction does NOT have the red paint on the label.

verstedel.jpg

BUT, in the very same auction, if you go down into the auction description, then the picture displayed DOES have red paint on the label.

Nederstedel.jpg

He used two different pictures in the same auction.

If you check the other auction, the one that is running now, then he used the same picture both places: https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280467333059&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!