Harlem Shuffle, How Many Versions?

Tommy1

One of my favourites from my mod days in early 80s. Just found a couple of this version on a 7" EP. I do believe this is a record company who made lot's of cheap, and mostly bad versions of all kind of music, cos there was a lot of these records there with rock, pop, reggae and country.

But the Harlem shuffle is quite good IMO, good vocals and backing. No artist name, anyone who knows this?

post-3839-12600490895742_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tommy1
Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Action

John Fred & The Playboys

Boogie Kings

Foundations

Jerry Watkins & The Epics

Righteous Brothers

Bill Deal & The Rhondells

Wayne Cochran

The Pack

Bob Kuban

Nitelighters

Surprised you missed off Bob (Relf) & Earl (Nelson) Sean ohmy.gif .... the original and better known version, written by them of course, and produced by no other than Barry White....

I'll put it down to your age, the time of night, etc., etc., on this occasion pal laugh.gif .... plus I'm bored on nites so filling in the gaps rolleyes.gif ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Surprised you missed off Bob (Relf) & Earl (Nelson) Sean ohmy.gif .... the original and better known version, written by them of course, and produced by no other than Barry White....

I'll put it down to your age, the time of night, etc., etc., on this occasion pal laugh.gif .... plus I'm bored on nites so filling in the gaps rolleyes.gif ....

Bob & Earl is my favorite version but my piece o shite styrene copy sounds just that.:thumbsup:

Social source share

Ah! Sorry Mark, I thought we were talking about 'versions' of the song in which case it seemed quite right to omit the original from the list.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

One of my favourites from my mod days in early 80s. Just found a couple of this version on a 7" EP. I do believe this is a record company who made lot's of cheap, and mostly bad versions of all kind of music, cos there was a lot of these records there with rock, pop, reggae and country.

But the Harlem shuffle is quite good IMO, good vocals and backing. No artist name, anyone who knows this?

here's a couple more,

THE PACK - HARLEM SHUFFLE

BOB KUBAN & IN-MEN: Harlem Shuffle

Chuck & Joe on Decca 31871 Harlem Shuffle

ROCKIN SIDNEY / Harlem Shuffle

HEINSIGHT / HARLEM SHUFFLE

Social source share

The Traits Pye International 7N25404 issued 27 Jan 1967.

As you'd expect from Roy Head's band pretty frantic version.

Social source share

<

A DJ Shadow spin.>>

And a Dig Deeper spin for me, Dave G in upstate nY has one too, and another went through ebay recently, from Alabama of all places, heck of a version

I sold one a couple of years ago for £75...just checked it on Popsike and now need to go and sit down in a darkened room!

Didn't realise the demand would push it to $679 with 12 bids!

Is that its going rate nowadays?

:thumbup:

Social source share

There's a cool sax-led instrumental version on the flip of the Contempo reissue of Bob & Earl

Social source share

Sorry Flynny but yep, it's caught on with the funk boys, was still an "unknown" pretty much when you flogged yours I guess, we've all done it I'm sure ohmy.gif Have only seen 2 go through ebay, both were from Craig Moerer....

I think I know where I may be able to secure a copy from if anyone is interested...then to come up with a price! :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Demotron

Thanks mate!

WHO can sell me a copy of this, need it :thumbup:

Tommy,

this is on Brett's funk board swap, so you can listen to that until you locate a copy.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert