• Replies 13
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Perception

Were they a 'Blue Eyed' group?

I don't think so, but does it really matter! All we need to know is that it is one of the best Northern soul records ever!

Social source share

I sold one for £25 the other day, that was really pushing it because I needed the money, normally it would have been £15. Having said that, I could have sold it three times at £25 but in reality it's worth no more than that.

That's the difference between price and value in a nutshell: you would normally sell it for 15, you sold it for 25, you think it is worth no more than 25, your could have sold it three times for 25 so could probably have sold it for 40.

Social source share

Was talking to Jo Armstead about this - she said it was the worst record she'd ever written and started laughing, classic!!

she told me that they were just some guys that e rodney jones brought into the studio. i tried to get chuck colbert to dig up the paperwork on who they were but he didn't get back to me.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

she told me that they were just some guys that e rodney jones brought into the studio. i tried to get chuck colbert to dig up the paperwork on who they were but he didn't get back to me

This is what someone posted on YouTube, i don't know how true it is...

This is amazing to hear and see this on you tube. What a trip! My dad Augustus V. Winfield (Gus) is singing background in this song. Other members of the group were Donald, Flint, Vincent and Pepsi. They Did other songs such as Daddy Said and The Vowels Of Love, which is the song my dad Gus Winfield, lead. Whom ever posted this song please respond to my comment. I have these songs as well as pictures of the Salvadors & also earlier pictures of them when they were called the three Bleu.

Social source share

This is what someone posted on YouTube, i don't know how true it is...

This is amazing to hear and see this on you tube. What a trip! My dad Augustus V. Winfield (Gus) is singing background in this song. Other members of the group were Donald, Flint, Vincent and Pepsi. They Did other songs such as Daddy Said and The Vowels Of Love, which is the song my dad Gus Winfield, lead. Whom ever posted this song please respond to my comment. I have these songs as well as pictures of the Salvadors & also earlier pictures of them when they were called the three Bleu.

thanks so much for the lead, will see how it goes...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert