SWEET MEMORIES by ROBERT TANNER - rare???

Gene-R

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Gene, I don't know much about rareties, but why would somebody spend all that money on a record that has loads of surface noise?

I could understand if it was mint or even graded as excellent, but quote: "Sweet Memories" side plays VG, with more background noise at beginning 20 seconds than rest of record. Flip side is a killer deep ballad, but plays fair at best, without skips). Does that mean its bad all the way through or just the first 20 seconds???

Social source share

Good point Ian - though I think a Mint one goes for near enough £1,000, so I guess someone who wants one, but probably can't afford to spend that, or (like me) doesn't want to (!!) sees it as an alternative.

I tap this in with 5 mins to go before the auciton closes, and it's now at about $309!!!

Gene

Social source share

Still a rare record but 1 of the 3 copies was put back on ebay due to atimewaster to the best of my knowledge

John

Social source share

Depends how bad you want it I suppose.

I had a stroke of luck on the bay a few months back with winning a TC Lee for £350. It was supposed to be VG but I love it to bits and although that was a lot for a record of that condition I'll never own a mint £750-£800 pounder (unless I win the jackpot) so thought 'its your only chance'.

It turned up looking f*cked vinyl wise, plays like its EX.......

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!