The Greatstone Soul Club - Christmas Party - Sat. 19Th Dec

The Greatstone Soul Club Presents - A CHRISTMAS PARTY - DOUBLE DECKING LUNACY

A NIGHT OF 100% ORIGINAL, QUALITY SOUL MUSIC

Rare 6ts Soul, Northern & Crossover SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER , and always 'Every Third Saturday Of The Month'

The Night Runs From 8.00pm til 2.00am

Tax £4.00 otd. Includes Buffet SPECIAL GUEST DJ'S - LES HARE , JULIAN BENTLEY , GLEN HUNTER , JIMMY SMIRK , CAROL VARE , CHRIS MORGAN , MARK B , TONY J , PAUL HAVEKIN , STEVIE Z , BUDGIE

The Greatstone Hotel

The A56 Chester Road, Stretford,

Manchester M32 ORN ( 5 mins from Jnt. 7 M60, 2Mins. from MUFC )

More Info Tony greatstonesoul@googlemail.com

Mark markbaildon@bowdoncheshire.freeserve.co.uk

Rooms Available-Hotel

Edited by Tony Jackson
  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Greatstone Soul Club Presents - CHRISTMAS PARTY - DOUBLE DECKING LUNACY

Rare 6ts Soul, Northern & Crossover SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER , and always 'Every Third Saturday Of The Month'

Tax £4.00 otd. Includes Buffet SPECIAL GUEST DJ'S - LES HARE , JULIAN BENTLEY , GLEN HUNTER , JIMMY SMIRK , CAROL VARE , CHRIS MORGAN , MARK B , TONY J , PAUL HAVEKIN , STEVIE Z , BUDGIE

The Greatstone Hotel

Rooms Available-Hotel

Yep it's gonna be a proper party, 6 guests five residents, all playing classic rare soul for the dance floor. We always try and finish the year off with a bit of a blast, this year will be no exception.

On a more serious note, throughout the night we will reflect and celebrate the life of one of the Greatstones truest supporters, Mr Alan Pollard, a small token for a great man who will sadly be missed by all his friends at the Greatstone and everyone he knew on the Soul Scene. Alan absolutely loved his times down at the Greatstone, never more than when he was behind the decks, which he was on quite a few occasions, always pleased his audience and rocked the house without fail, so it just seems right we try and match his high standards.

Bring it on!!!

The Greatstone Soul Club Presents - CHRISTMAS PARTY - DOUBLE DECKING LUNACY

The Greatstone Hotel

Rooms Available-Hotel

Cheers Tony looking good for the night This will cause me some headaches in the organisation dept :sweatingbullets: some double decking gonna be happening all night.

mark

Edited by mark.b

Cheers Tony looking good for the night This will cause me some headaches in the organisation dept laugh.gif some double decking gonna be happening all night.

mark

Is this a tactical practice run for Bearsoul's on Sundayg.gif

To ensure smooth baton changes whilst DD wicked.gif

Good luck with this one guy's ,sadly it's clashing with my fave local venue The Coachman, where i'll be DD myself and spinning the latest biggie shhh.gif

Don't worry you'll get to hear it on Sunday...but be warned ..do your neck exercises ,plenty of warm ups .....don't want you spraining anything whilst peering over the deckslaugh.gif

Come on you mighty Leed's biggrin.gif

Edited by NEV

Chris ....a mate of mine has rang asking if you can give him a call regarding a dj spot??

I've told him it's very doubtful but he's persistent so can you give him a call and tell him yourself please?

He goes by the name of Mr C Lyons 08719118000

appreciated thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to the Greatstone Christmas party. Our chance to say thanks to all of our regulars and even let some of them loose behind the decks. How come little Father Christmas doesn't get a mention, or has he been retired now we have gone up market decor wise.

All the best and see most of you at Junction17 hopefully

Pete.

Is this a tactical practice run for Bearsoul's on Sundayg.gif

To ensure smooth baton changes whilst DD wicked.gif

Good luck with this one guy's ,sadly it's clashing with my fave local venue The Coachman, where i'll be DD myself and spinning the latest biggie shhh.gif

Don't worry you'll get to hear it on Sunday...but be warned ..do your neck exercises ,plenty of warm ups .....don't want you spraining anything whilst peering over the deckslaugh.gif

Come on you mighty Leed's biggrin.gif

Nev,

Stretching our necks and stroking our chins is the only exercise some of of us get these day'sshades.gif

The mighty Leedstumbleweed3.gif

Edited by Tony Jackson

Dj times for the christmas bash

8.00 -- 9.00 Chris Morgan (chris's tribute to Alan Pollard)

9.00 -- 9.45 Jimmy Smirk & Glenn Hunter (The Macc lads)

9.45 -- 10.30 Carol Vare & Stevie Z (Beauty and the Beast)

10.30 -- 11.30 Paul & Tony (The Terrible soul Twins)

11.30 -- 12.15 Julian bentley (The Yorkshire geriatric)

12.15 -- 1.00 Les Hare ( Mr Blue Moon)

1.00 -- 2.00 Mark & Budgie (The Disco Kings)

I hope everyone will be on time otherwise it will be carno's (the management reserve the right to mess about with these times)

Tony let me know if they need to be changed

Mark

I hope everyone will be on time otherwise it will be carno's (the management reserve the right to mess about with these times)

Mark

Marko,

A tweak maybe requiredph34r.gif

Mark

PURE & SIMPLE I'LL BE PLAYING TOP DRAWER TUNES ...EXPERIMENTING & KICKIN ASS IN TRUE ALAN POLLARD STYLE !

WHICH MEANS RARE AS HENS TEETH TO FAB FAMILIAR GROOVES ..HOPEFULLY BLENDED TOGETHER SEAMLESSLY & EFFORTLESSLY ALA 'THE POLLARD EXPERIENCE' !!

WELL THAT'S THE PLAN SO GET DOWN EARLY AND LETS BREAK THIS GAME WIDE OPEN FROM KICK-OFF TILL WE'RE ALL KICKED OUT THE DOOR SINGING ! .......

IT'S GONNA BE A NIGHT TO REMEMBER FOR SURE !!!

A TOTAL PRIVILEGE TO KICK OFF WHAT WILL BE A GROOVETASTIC SOULTASTIC NIGHT OF EPIC PROPORTIONS !!!!

CHRIS 'BEARSOUL' MORGAN

Edited by bearsoul

Chris ....a mate of mine has rang asking if you can give him a call regarding a dj spot??

I've told him it's very doubtful but he's persistent so can you give him a call and tell him yourself please?

He goes by the name of Mr C Lyons 08719118000

appreciated thumbsup.gif

Cheers Nev rang him and a Mr Bob Boon answered then i spoke to Mr Richard Head who put me through to Ms Eli Fant who'd never heard of Mr C Lyons but put me through to Mr Ali Gatur who said he used to work there but now worked for DR R Slicka but didn't have the number to hand I said don't worry i'll have a word with my Aunty Lope she knows everyone !! whistling.gif

Cheers Nev rang him and a Mr Bob Boon answered then i spoke to Mr Richard Head who put me through to Ms Eli Fant who'd never heard of Mr C Lyons but put me through to Mr Ali Gatur who said he used to work there but now worked for DR R Slicka but didn't have the number to hand I said don't worry i'll have a word with my Aunty Lope she knows everyone !! whistling.gif

Gonna have to try harder than that to catch you Chris wicked.gif

Atbthumbsup.gif

P.s

Whats that Chris " too old of a cat to be f***ed by a kitten"biggrin.gif

Gonna have to try harder than that to catch you Chris :wicked:

Atbthumbsup.gif

P.s

Whats that Chris " too old of a cat to be f***ed by a kitten":D

you'll have to get up early in a morning to catch me :ph34r:

Yous not coming over then ? I expect Sunday will be mad enough !

I'm getting as much kip in as i can this week and a crate or two of Sanatogen ....it's me age !!!

Cptn Croc ( No Croc like an Owd Crock !) Tick Tock !!!!

Third star on the right and straight on till morning !!!

Looking forward to the Greatstone Christmas party. Our chance to say thanks to all of our regulars and even let some of them loose behind the decks. How come little Father Christmas doesn't get a mention, or has he been retired now we have gone up market decor wise.

All the best and see most of you at Junction17 hopefully

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Just spotted your post....doh!! How was Edinburgh?

Our little Father Christmas will be there this year. Have you noticed he's never in the room at the same time as Chic??whistling.gif

Hi Pete,

Just spotted your post....doh!! How was Edinburgh?

Our little Father Christmas will be there this year. Have you noticed he's never in the room at the same time as Chic??whistling.gif

THOUGHT IT WAS CHIC mellow.gif I SPOKE TO HIM FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES ONE YEAR ...... THOUGHT HE WAS JUST BEING POLITE AS I WAS TALKING A LOT FOR SOME REASON......MUST HAVE BEEN THE PUNCH...AS I'M USUALLY VERY SHY whistling.gif

Edited by bearsoul

Yep it's gonna be a proper party, 6 guests five residents, all playing classic rare soul for the dance floor. We always try and finish the year off with a bit of a blast, this year will be no exception.

On a more serious note, throughout the night we will reflect and celebrate the life of one of the Greatstones truest supporters, Mr Alan Pollard, a small token for a great man who will sadly be missed by all his friends at the Greatstone and everyone he knew on the Soul Scene. Alan absolutely loved his times down at the Greatstone, never more than when he was behind the decks, which he was on quite a few occasions, always pleased his audience and rocked the house without fail, so it just seems right we try and match his high standards.

Bring it on!!!

Hi Tony,well said about Alans love about the Greatstone .A great DJ with a fabulous collection ,especially his Motown acetates.Sadly missed.

See everyone on Saturday for another brilliant Xmas bash at the Greatstonethumbup.gif

Hi Tony,well said about Alans love about the Greatstone .A great DJ with a fabulous collection ,especially his Motown acetates.Sadly missed.

See everyone on Saturday for another brilliant Xmas bash at the Greatstonethumbup.gif

JUST WANNA ECHO THOSE SENTIMENTS MR Z !!!!!!!!

CY'ALL THERE ITS GONNA BE THE BIZ !!!!!!!!!!!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

Has anyone seen Mike huntblush.gif

See you Saturday, looking forward to a Greatstone Christmas Bash:thumbup:

Finally back on line .....feckin computers.

Look forward to seeing you again on saturday Tony:thumbup:

Lou and Woody, see you both soon. All the very best.

Stevie Z, make sure you are not driving Saturday night mate, you have some catching up to dowhistling

Shaping up nicely now, can't wait.

Tony

Finally back on line .....feckin computers.

Look forward to seeing you again on saturday Tonythumbup.gif

Lou and Woody, see you both soon. All the very best.

Stevie Z, make sure you are not driving Saturday night mate, you have some catching up to dowhistling.gif

Shaping up nicely now, can't wait.

Tony

And don't forget Mr & Mrs B will be celebrating 35 years of wedding blisswhistling.gif , well, probably around 2 years in all that timesad.gif

Off to sort my playbox out and phone the divorce lawyerlaugh.gif

Julian

And don't forget Mr & Mrs B will be celebrating 35 years of wedding blisswhistling.gif , well, probably around 2 years in all that timesad.gif

Off to sort my playbox out and phone the divorce lawyerlaugh.gif

Julian

Julian,

Boy you sure know how to show a woman a good time.....Still,I bet Carolyn wouldn't have been coming along if she wasn't doing the driving and getting in freethumbup.gif don't forget, round to our's before kick-off.

Tony

The Greatstone Soul Club Presents - A CHRISTMAS PARTY - DOUBLE DECKING LUNACY

The Greatstone Hotel

Rooms Available-Hotel

A gentle reminder for tomorrow nights shindig.....shaping up nicely now, looks like being a packer....see you there.....Tony