Quantum Of Soul At Oxcroft Xmas Special Sat 19Th Dec 2009

Oxcroft Soul would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

We would like to present our Christmas Special with very special guest GLYN SISSONS.

Underplayed 60's and early 70's are the order of the day here played by residents STU BOWER (TEMPLE OF SOUND-WIGAN, CANKLOW, HOLLINGWOOD HOTEL, BARROW HILL SC), NEIL PAGE (CLOWNE ANCHOR SC, WORKSOP) and CHRIS COOPER (EX-PILSLEY, STAVELEY, CALOW) plus another special guest DJ often just drops in every now and then. A bit like Noel's House Party if you like but without the irritating doorbell!

All playing tunes you'll know and some you may not.

Great laidback and intimate atmosphere at a friendly rural club run by friendly people.

Cheap bar. Cheap admission.

8 till late. And late means if you're still here-we'll keep spinning 'em.

Fancy a change? Come and try us

post-2607-12602258417747_thumb.jpg

Soul out in the country-quite literally a breath of fresh air!

Edited by Stuart Bower
  • Replies 8
  • Views 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Cathryn Bower

Not long now-5 days to go. Looking forward to it as always. Hope the snow keeps away-at least for this week..

Definitely looking forward to this one with the Christmas atmosphere. Not too many red wines this time though, as my son and his wife are arriving from America on Sunday, for a couple of weeks. :yes:

Definitely looking forward to this one with the Christmas atmosphere. Not too many red wines this time though, as my son and his wife are arriving from America on Sunday, for a couple of weeks. thumbup.gif

Hopefully lots of dancing though. This place is really starting to move.

And yeah, it'll be great to see 'em again. They've come over here for the warmer weather. Although it's normally minus 20 in Missouri this time of year I think it'll be the same temperature as over here-about minus five.

We're all set for tomorrow now. Everything's sorted. We were going to set up earlier today but looks like it's going to be tomorrow. A full day ahead-setting up-then the Southampton match-then gettin' ready for the getdown. Thinking about going to my old stomping ground Samantha's afterwards but it'd be touch and go. Never enough hours in the day (or night) is there?

Hopefully lots of dancing though. This place is really starting to move.

And yeah, it'll be great to see 'em again. They've come over here for the warmer weather. Although it's normally minus 20 in Missouri this time of year I think it'll be the same temperature as over here-about minus five.

Well no matter how cold it is outside, we'll have the hottest place around :lol: