Dab Of Soul, Nantwich, Friday December 18Th

A DAB OF SOUL

At The ROOM at the top

Nantwich Civic Hall

Market Street

Nantwich

Cheshire

Cw5 5dg

Guest DJ`s Steve Plumb (Orwell main man) and Rob Kay (Mr Darkhorse himself!)

Along with Resident DJ`s CHRIS ANDERTON & DAVE LUCAS

In the upstairs room at the Nantwich Civic Hall. Playing the best in 70`s and Crossover Soul with a dab of Modern.

Friday December 18th 2009

8.30 til 1.30

£5.00 Entry to both rooms + free CD to first 50 thru the door.

Cheap bar, record dealers welcome, easy parking.

07974722667 or 07968437078

chris.soul@btinternet.com or dal07@btinternet.com

• Replies 38
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A DAB OF SOUL

At The ROOM at the top

Nantwich Civic Hall

Market Street

Nantwich

Cheshire

Cw5 5dg

Guest DJ`s Steve Plumb (Orwell main man) and Rob Kay (Mr Darkhorse himself!)

Along with Resident DJ`s CHRIS ANDERTON & DAVE LUCAS

In the upstairs room at the Nantwich Civic Hall. Playing the best in 70`s and Crossover Soul with a dab of Modern.

Friday December 18th 2009

8.30 til 1.30

£5.00 Entry to both rooms + free CD to first 50 thru the door.

Cheap bar, record dealers welcome, easy parking.

07974722667 or 07968437078

chris.soul@btinternet.com or dal07@btinternet.com

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT, WE MOVED innocent.gif "NU SOULUTIONS" BACK TO THE 19TH SO THAT WE CAN BE AT THIS ONE WITH MR PLUMB AND MR KAYthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif .

Have you a track listing for your freebie CD Chris? Looking forward to it thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Steve

thats all part of the antisipation of the night mr plumb

really looking forward to the 18th with yourself and rob kay

guesting.

can,t believe its 12 months since myself and chris concieved the concept of "A DAB OF SOUL"

and the massive success it has become and we look forward to seeing you all on the 18th but please rememeber this is a FRIDAY NIGHT and not the usuall saturday night because of the festive season

if anyone needs any further info please contact myself or chris we already have loads of are regular travellers

confirming there attendance to us

regards

dave lucas

thats all part of the antisipation of the night mr plumb

really looking forward to the 18th with yourself and rob kay

guesting.

can,t believe its 12 months since myself and chris concieved the concept of "A DAB OF SOUL"

and the massive success it has become and we look forward to seeing you all on the 18th but please rememeber this is a FRIDAY NIGHT and not the usuall saturday night because of the festive season

if anyone needs any further info please contact myself or chris we already have loads of are regular travellers

confirming there attendance to us

regards

dave lucas

Aaw go on, give us an early peek.....................I'll post that piccie of John Fisher on site if you do :laugh:

Only joking John, I can wait for the CD on the night!

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

You assume too much...to assume the Cd was already done would be to assume Mr Lucas and I are organised!

The CD will be recorded this weekend by me.

I feel a bit under pressure now knowing you are so eagerly waiting to see what sounds are included!

Chris.

And so you should be Chris wink.gif

You thrive on pressure don't you yes.gif

Cheers

Steve

Agreed Dave, i never thought it would become so successful...just shows when you book the right DJs playing stunning music at a great venue the crowds come out to play!

You should see the line-up for next year!

Chris

With regret got to miss this one, have a good night, heres to another quality year of top notch tuneage in deepest darkest Cheshire in 2010.

thanks Chris and Dave.

Xmas cheer and all that.

Jim + 2.thumbsup.gif

jim think you will be more than impressed with the dj,s we have lined up for 2010

just finalising the the last confirmation,s we have the cream of the crossover dj,s in the country

and europe lined up.

we wil announce them once all is confirmed

sorry you can,t make it but your support all year has been greatly appreciated

regards

dave lucas

Really looking forward to yet another double-dose of the finest soul music next weekend, Stafford & Nu-Soulutions on the Sat night but kicking off with this pre-christmas cracker at the Dab.

Really interested to see (hear?) what that nice Mr Plumb will pull out of his box, never mind Rob Kay, who I know has some absolutely stunning tunes and then as if that's not enough ....... there's only Dave Lucas and Chris Anderton adding their offerings to what promises to be a top notch night.

The plan is to be there early, as I suspect it could be quite busy and I wouldn't want to miss out on a free cd!

Right, that's me done for another weekend - dog ironed, laundry's put away in the fridge, everythings 'sheep-shaped & Bristol fashion' and I'm off for a lie down as I'm feeling slightly cream-crackered at the moment after a night at Ab-Soul-ution and the worries of teenage children during the wee small hours - it's only recently that both the kids have started getting home later than us at the weekends!ohmy.gif - the dirty stop-outs!! I'm sure they really think there's a taxi firm called "Dad's Taxis", that operates free of charge all night long.

Don't you get grinning Mr Anderton, you'll have all this to come!!

Toodlepip!

Kev

kev

think you may be right about getting there early had loads of mails and calls all

weekend so looking like being another good night.

new sound system set up and checked out today sounds bloody superb tho think

mr andertons neighbours might not agree thumbup.gif

just a reminder to anyone who has not been before and is thinking of comming along

we are on friday this month.

look forward to seeing you all on friday

regards

dave lucas

Loads of interets in Fridays event. Gonna be another excellent night...just like we have become used to at Dab during 2009.....

Just for Steve, here is a sneak peak at the free CD tracklisting...

"A Dab Of Soul" 5 (December 18th)

1.Tapestry-Its not the world thats messed up

2.Major Harris-Walking in the footsteps

3.William Bell-Yesterday i lied, today i cried

4.Leroy Hutson-Lucky fellow

5.The Trammps-Trusting heart

6.J.O.B Orqestra-Dont want that Illusion

7.Ronnie Shannon-Sweet games of love

8.The Ascots-A few feet from the gutter

9.Strutt-Said you did`nt love him

10.Barbara Mason-You better stop it

11.Major Lance-Come what may

12.Freddie Scott-Girl I love you

13.Cooking on 3 burners-This girl

14.Luther Ingram-Do you think theres a chance

15.Four Tracks-Charade

16.Carol Anderson-You boy

17.Johnny Moore-Its all over

18.The Dells-Bring back the love of yesterday

19.Deon Jackson-I`ll always love you

20.Melvin Brown-Love stormy weather

I`m up now doing the Cd when i should be in bed..., my turn for the 2.00 feed tonight Steve!

Chris.

Come on then, don't keep us in suspense, having told us you're eating at 2 am, I'm intrigued as to what you actually had. Something exotic? or really easy stuff like soup sandwiches?, do tell!laugh.gif

Kev

more like the left overs of little ones milkthumbup.gif

Dont forget...At Dab of Soul there is always a free CD for everyone who attends...worth the admission price alone methinks (see tracklisting above!)

Had those decks on again in my garage tonight, sound amazing, even better with some of messers Kay and Plumbs tunes on the turntable!

Chris

I bet they sound the B******S with MR KAYS, PLUMS on them unsure.gif

Loads of interets in Fridays event. Gonna be another excellent night...just like we have become used to at Dab during 2009.....

Just for Steve, here is a sneak peak at the free CD tracklisting...

"A Dab Of Soul" 5 (December 18th)

1.Tapestry-Its not the world thats messed up

2.Major Harris-Walking in the footsteps

3.William Bell-Yesterday i lied, today i cried

4.Leroy Hutson-Lucky fellow

5.The Trammps-Trusting heart

6.J.O.B Orqestra-Dont want that Illusion

7.Ronnie Shannon-Sweet games of love

8.The Ascots-A few feet from the gutter

9.Strutt-Said you did`nt love him

10.Barbara Mason-You better stop it

11.Major Lance-Come what may

12.Freddie Scott-Girl I love you

13.Cooking on 3 burners-This girl

14.Luther Ingram-Do you think theres a chance

15.Four Tracks-Charade

16.Carol Anderson-You boy

17.Johnny Moore-Its all over

18.The Dells-Bring back the love of yesterday

19.Deon Jackson-I`ll always love you

20.Melvin Brown-Love stormy weather

Well if that's the standard we can expect at Dab, i think I'll come to this one :wicked:

Will have a few boxes with me on Friday, along with Mr Weldings new 45 by Lou Wilson thumbsup.gif

Think it'll get a spin too!

Cheers

Steve

or 2........................... about time them there boxes of lp,s made an appearance again me thinks

looking like it,s building up to be a very busy night going by the contacts i,ve had today

regards

dave lucas

or 2........................... about time them there boxes of lp,s made an appearance again me thinks

looking like it,s building up to be a very busy night going by the contacts i,ve had today

regards

dave lucas

Sorry Dave no room in the car for LP sales boxes as there's 5 of us in me car along with me play boxes and 45's sales boxes too sad.gif

Pity cos I have some great LP's for sale too whistling.gif

Gonna be a packer (my car that is laugh.gif )

See you tomorrow matey

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve was hoping to get down to see you Friday but we got a invite from some old friends who we have not seen for years in Lincolnshire. Still we get a soul night in on Saturday with them.

Wear that Rabbit outfit mate it will keep you warm during the cold spellthumbup.gif

Hi Pat

Pity you cannae make it mate I'm sure the music would be just up your street thumbsup.gif

Left the Rabbit outfit in Lanzy, think I'll hire it out next year wicked.gif

See you soon

Cheers

Steve

OK for all those thinking of travelling to "A DAB OF SOUL" Tonight the lastes weather forecast is

good currently within 100,ish mile radius ther is no snow or forecasts of any and all major route are

clear.

so looking good for another top night and attendance been listening to the FREE CD we give away and it,s

sounding very good.

so for once early finnish from work and all roads then lead to nantwich equipment to set up (new superb sound system)

quick bite to eat and hey ho party time looking for ward to seeing you all later

regards

dave lucas

ps if you need any further info then give me a call 07968437078