Keith Curtis On Smoke

Tommaso

• Replies 30
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Tony Smith has/had one as well.

Sounds greats out in a club loud but having heard a soundfile of it recently in general the vocal isn't great......like a dodgy George Blackwell which would make sense i suppose. The backing is stunning though. Guide has it at £400!!! rolleyes.gif

Edited by mulf
Social source share

Sounds greats out in a club loud but having heard a soundfile of it recently in general the vocal isn't great......like a dodgy George Blackwell which would make sense i suppose. The backing is stunning though. Guide has it at £400!!! rolleyes.gif

Agree with that, sounds not good. Need to hear it out, maybe a trip to Berlin in the future :ohmy:

KEITH CURTIS -

Social source share

Still got it, the other side ain't bad either. I believe first copy came out of Levines old collection at Bernie Goldings barn?!

Social source share

Was collecting SMOKE and the subsidary PAT labels in the early 80s , had 2 copies of Keith Curtiss which i paid £8 each for , never rated it , only average in my opinion . Prefered other side - My love i cant hide - at the time.

Having said that when i heard butch play it a couple of years ago it sounded better in a allnighter atmosphere .

There was at least 3 copies around Northants area mid 80s , one of mine went to Steve green , other i think may have gone Todmorden to tim brown,

Third copy was owned by Rug bowers (r.i. p) whose copy recently ended up at Tod as well

Social source share

Was collecting SMOKE and the subsidary PAT labels in the early 80s , had 2 copies of Keith Curtiss which i paid £8 each for , never rated it , only average in my opinion . Prefered other side - My love i cant hide - at the time.

Having said that when i heard butch play it a couple of years ago it sounded better in a allnighter atmosphere .

There was at least 3 copies around Northants area mid 80s , one of mine went to Steve green , other i think may have gone Todmorden to tim brown,

Third copy was owned by Rug bowers (r.i. p) whose copy recently ended up at Tod as well

which is the copy that went to person "x" and then straight to me

Social source share

Guides wrong! £2000 - £4000 its gone for.

Social source share

• 10 years later...
On 11/12/2009 at 15:58, TOAD said:

id apreciate a smoke listing if possible please !

Sorry I am late to this thread but not on site 11 years ago

There is a fantastic article by Pete Lawson (Gospel according to Dave Godin) on the label and show missing records as well (page 10 onwards)

Hope it helps

The-Gopsel-According-To-Dave-Godin-Issue-2.pdf

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!