Get Real Mr Promoter

Paul-s

Mr Levine has told me Annie that he has a Mega Rare 1965 Tune that John Manship has not even listed, that Tim Brown or Pat Brady has never seen in there lives and he is gonna spin it's debut at Soul @ The Barhouse Allnighter.

A Totaly unknown discovery on original vinyl getting it's public premiere in little old Chelmsford. Love it.

Whats this rubbish mean. Loads of people have LOADS of tunes that are not in JMs book AND they get played out! So hardly makes the venue different to any other.:sleep3:

Pat & Tim havent seen much over the last 5 or so years because they dont get out their arm chairs to see it, so hardly a recommendation!:laugh:

Maybe these promoters need to venture out more and see whats really going on!:laugh: Not listed doesn't mean its any good and the word Mega Rare does not improve the record...

Edited by paul-s
Social source share

• Replies 31
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I can't see how one "unknown" 45 lasting around 3 minutes could make a difference whether people attend a soul night or not.

Unless it's some kind of Eddie Parker/Larry Clinton/Lester Tipton/Don Gardner "fusion" type thingy thumbsup.gif

Four Vandals MkII maybe?

Exactly..as if it happens once a year. Hear new stuff every week!laugh.gif

Edited by paul-s
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

One thing for sure is no matter if it's a blow you mind track or just a run of the mill sound there are a few on Soulsource that will hate it with vengeance!

Steve J

Social source share

Sounds very gospel like! it aint the Swanee Quintet is it??unsure.gif

steve

There's nothing particularly exciting about that track, sounds like a million others, and I'm not just saying that for effect, I heard it 8 weeks back and asked Ian how he could possibly put such a high price tag on such a very average unknown record. Can't remember what his reply was.

Social source share

There's nothing particularly exciting about that track, sounds like a million others, and I'm not just saying that for effect, I heard it 8 weeks back and asked Ian how he could possibly put such a high price tag on such a very average unknown record. Can't remember what his reply was.

f**k off probably laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Hmm, aint exactly like the first time ya heard Bob Relf is it?

T

Sounds like something you'd hear in the background of "Happy Days".........

or American Graffitti...................

Social source share

• 3 months later...
Guest micklove61

Got Very Real Thanks

70 Tickets Left Ian just started sending out to his people.

I listen to new stuff Everyday never mind every week.

Couldn't care much about your comments.

Looking Forward to it and so are the people who are attending,

so do you think they really care what you think? Nope is the answer.

Hope you all have a great Weekend next weekend cos I will.

Mick.

Social source share