Guest krawen

• Replies 124
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Great News on the new venture guys, as i mentioned to Pete in my email can`t make the 1st one but will definately supporting you whenever i can.

Good luck, great to have you back promoting/DJ`ing at your own "gig" and hope to catch up with you all soon .

All the best Steve

:laugh:Note to self: must get an avatar with a dog on it :laugh::laugh:

I've got loads of pictures of dogs if you want to borrow one Steve :laugh:

Only Bull Terriers mind :thumbup:

See you soon

Steve B

Morning Dean,

It wasn't a case of giving in mate, the main reason I wasn't bothered about promoting another venue was that I didn't think we would find a place where we could improve on what we had achieved at Annesley.

How wrong I was ( well done Pete for finding this ) I didn't think rooms and dance floors existed like this anymore.

Now I can't wait to get going thumbsup.gif

Steve B

sorted! the Jesus Event.... coming back from the dead :)

am glad you agree with me stuart with the above venues i have mentioned the phoenix and the new one at n/wingfield m/w will you be coming to any of them the guest dj stops and does his spot and gets paid at both venues cheers ricticshades.gif

I don't really understand what you mean, Graham. We don't pay anyone for NOT deejaying Gray. With a few exceptions..laugh.gif And as you know, we're not in this scene for the money and we don't expect our guest DJs to be either. And they always come back. After all, even you did. thumbsup.gif

And by the way, being big fans of Annesley in the past and friends of Pete, Val, Steve and Karen for a long time now we can't wait to check North Wingfield out in 2010.

And also cheers to ALL the Detroit labels. shades.gif

Edited by Stuart Bower

I'm gob smacked that i've agreed to do it, as up till 8pm last night I wasn't interested in promoting another venue. As soon as i saw the room i knew it was right and now I cant wait to get started. I'm glad Pete invited me up to have a look with him.

The main reason I wasn't bothered about promoting another venue was that I didn't think we would find a place where we could improve on what we had achieved at Annesley. How wrong I was ( well done Pete for finding this )

Hi Steve,

What a turnaround, anyway great news for you and Pete, and I hope to be there very soon. I'm just about to post it to Our Northern Souls and Soul Survivors for you.

Have a great Christmas and New Year

All the best

Alan

thumbup.gif

thumbup.gifshades.giff antastic news .steve and pete..i hope you both have a great successfull first night ...and it grows into a very successfull venue like you both had at annessley ...we will be there hope to see you both soon merry christmas to you both plus your good ladies ..thumbup.gif .

pete

Hi Pete, Nice one see you Friday at Bentinck thumbsup.gif

post-5990-12616609901199_thumb.jpg

Just got back from the printers good.gif

Just seen a printing error , it should say 12:30am,

I dont think the Welfare will allow us to go on for that longlaugh.gif

I'll get that ammended with the next run of flyers thumbsup.gif

Merry Christmas to you all

Steve B

• 4 weeks later...

Just putting some pictures up of yesterdays sound test .... what a fantastic venue... proper old school !thumbsup.gif ..... tested the sound and the dancefloor both superb...:good: all falling into place for the 13th Feb !

pete n' susan ktf

Just looked at the photos thumbsup.gif

It's all taking shape for the 13th of Feb

Steve B

NORTH WINGS NORTHERN SOUL

Annesley Soul Club will be celebrating their 12th Anniversary by moving to a new venue which is North Wingfield Miners Welfare Social Club ( due to the closure of Annesley Welfare ) and adopting a new new name on Saturday 13th February 2010

Great 400+ capacity venue , fantastic sprung wooden dance floor ,good bar prices and massive car park

7:30pm till 12:30am

£3.50 on the door

Guest dj's

IAN GEE

&

CRESSY

For more info contact:-

Pete on 01773 761222

Ppanny@aol.com

Steve on 01773 760350

oldies1@live.co.uk

Directions and address

NORTH WINGFIELD MINERS WELFARE SOCIAL CLUB

WILLIAMTHORPE ROAD

NORTH WINGFIELD

CHESTERFIELD

S42 5PD

IT'S JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES FROM JUNCTION 29 OF THE M1 ON THE A6175

THE WELFARE IS SITUATED RIGHT NEXT TO THE CO-OP AND PETROL STATION

Thought I'd better turn this into our official events thread now we are getting close to our first night.

Besides the two guest dj's mentioned above , we also have Rob Howdle spinning a few tunes this month thumbsup.gif ( I think that how you spell his last name unsure.gif )

We will have an extra guest every month to do the early spot yes.gif so if you fancy it get in touch with us.............

When we went to do the sound check last Saturday, the Steward informed us that there is no problem using talc ( if you require it ) and the Welfare will be providing hot food for those of you who get a bit peckish during the evening ( like Karen whistling.gif )

Mind Body and Soul clothing will have a stall on the night and any one else wishing to sell records etc please get in touch with either Pete or myself.

Oh and I nearly forgot ,there will be a limited amount of 12th Anniversary Cd's to be given away on the night.

On the countdown now

Steve B

Edited by krawen

Be nice to see you anytime Paul & Ann when ever you can make it thumbsup.gif

hya pete & steve, glad to see you have found a new venue :excl: i am sure it will be as big a success as the old place was good luck, fozzie,

FRIDAY 12th FEB

ROUTE61 SOUL NIGHT @ THE NIAGARA SUITE

NORTHERN SOUL - MOTOWN - MODERN - RnB - ATB. SOUL

NIAGARA RD. WADSLEY BRIDGE, SHEFFIELD S6 1LU TEL. 0114 2964945

STEVE FOSTER - 07951713882 OR JOHNNY 07905028098 OR STEVE W, 07805641481

PROMOTED BY - FOZZIE / JOHNNY WOOD & STEVE WORMAULD shades

GUEST DJs - NIGHT NURSE ( EAST KIRKBY )

:yes:7 O CLOCK TILL 12-30

£3.50 O.T.D.

Be nice to see you anytime Paul & Ann when ever you can make it thumbsup.gif

hya pete & steve, glad to see you have found a new venue :excl: i am sure it will be as big a success as the old place was good luck, fozzie,

FRIDAY 12th FEB

PROMOTED BY - FOZZIE / JOHNNY WOOD & STEVE WORMAULD shades

:yes:7 O CLOCK TILL 12-30

£3.50 O.T.D.

hya pete & steve, glad to see you have found a new venue excl.gif i am sure it will be as big a success as the old place was good luck, fozzie,

FRIDAY 12th FEB

PROMOTED BY - FOZZIE / JOHNNY WOOD & STEVE WORMAULD shades.gif

yes.gif7 O CLOCK TILL 12-30

£3.50 O.T.D.

Hi Steve,

thanks for comment thumbsup.gif

As for it being as successful as Annesley was, only time will tell.

One thing for sure though, the actual venue is 100 times better than Annesley and the sound system is very good ( and the one we had at Annesley was good )

if I don't see you before I'll see at Skeggy in April.

All the best

Steve B

Edited by krawen

Just had an e-mail from Ian Gee saying he is fit and well and on the starting blocks ready to go next Saturday thumbup.gif

I've been out and about this weekend and there appears to be a bit of a buzz going around about next Saturday.

6 days and counting

Steve B

Edited by krawen
:hatsoff2: to wright steve ,every body i now wants to know how do you get there and is it a good place, were is it ,good job you gave me some flyers so they now were its at ,its gonna be a big thing ,see you sat stev:thumbup:shades Edited by RICTIC

hatsoff2.gif to wright steve ,every body i now wants to know how do you get there and is it a good place, were is it ,good job you gave me some flyers so they now were its at ,its gonna be a big thing ,see you sat stevthumbup.gifshades.gif

YOUR RIGHT THERE GRAY ,EVERYONE AND THERE GRANNIES ARE GOING,THIS IS THE VENUE THATS GOING TO PICK THINGS UP IN CHESTERFIELD AFTER THE YMCA SHUT,THE FLOOR WAS CHRISTENED BY ME AND CASPER 2 WEEKENDS AGO ON SOUND CHECK DAY thumbup.gif ,SOME OF US WILL BE THERE AT 7.30 TO MAKE SURE WE GET A PLACE,KTF,CARL,LOOKING FORWARD TO IT AND MEETING SOMEONE I HAV,NT SEEN FOR A WHILE wicked.gif

YOUR RIGHT THERE GRAY ,EVERYONE AND THERE GRANNIES ARE GOING,THIS IS THE VENUE THATS GOING TO PICK THINGS UP IN CHESTERFIELD AFTER THE YMCA SHUT,THE FLOOR WAS CHRISTENED BY ME AND CASPER 2 WEEKENDS AGO ON SOUND CHECK DAY thumbup.gif ,SOME OF US WILL BE THERE AT 7.30 TO MAKE SURE WE GET A PLACE,KTF,CARL,LOOKING FORWARD TO IT AND MEETING SOMEONE I HAV,NT SEEN FOR A WHILE wicked.gif

Ey up Carl,

You can tell me who it is , I can keep a secret shhh.giflaugh.gif

now,now steve that would be telling,would,nt want to mess things up,whistling ,ktf,carl

You've got me puzzled now Carl :chinstroke::laugh:

Is it a stripogram for me and Pete.

If so :thumbup::thumbup:

The dance floor has been given the thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif from Carl, Casper & Mrs Casper

The sound system has been given the thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif from Pete, Steve & Mr Weaver

The beer has been given the thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif from me beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif everything's in place for a banging night this Saturday thumbup.gifthumbup.gif ......Cressy

thumbsup.gifyou,ve got that right cressy,i,m itching to get on that floor again in full swingdam its gonna be good,kt,carl, thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gifyou,ve got that right cressy,i,m itching to get on that floor again in full swingdam its gonna be good,kt,carl, thumbsup.gif

the jellytot twins will be there....can't wait to get on that dance floor! didnt want to leave the floor when we were there for the sound test the other week.

both Pete and I are so looking forward to it.

see you all on saturday

ktf

susan (Mrs Casper) x

The dance floor has been given the thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif from Carl, Casper & Mrs Casper

The sound system has been given the thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif from Pete, Steve & Mr Weaver

The beer has been given the thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif from me :beer::beer::beer:

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif everything's in place for a banging night this Saturday :thumbup::thumbup: ......Cressy

Anniversary cd's now all sorted ( be early as they tend to go very fast ) and also the badges/banners for the front of the decks.

And remember Cressy as per Annesley, the afternoon set up session will still be on if you fancy it.

All the best

Steve B

Anniversary cd's now all sorted ( be early as they tend to go very fast ) and also the badges/banners for the front of the decks.

And remember Cressy as per Annesley, the afternoon set up session will still be on if you fancy it.

All the best

Steve B

Hiya Steve, All the best with the new venture mate. It was a real pleasure deejaying for you last year at Annesley. Hopefully i might make it to the new place sometime soon. Best to Steve. ATB Tony T BONE. OZ.

Hiya Steve, All the best with the new venture mate. It was a real pleasure deejaying for you last year at Annesley. Hopefully i might make it to the new place sometime soon. Best to Steve. ATB Tony T BONE. OZ.

Gooday Tony T Bone, How's things down under hope you and Calvin Grayson are well, Yep be nice to see you

when you come over are you doing Skegg in April if so see you there Ktf Pete T. thumbsup.gif

Gooday Tony T Bone, How's things down under hope you and Calvin Grayson are well, Yep be nice to see you

when you come over are you doing Skegg in April if so see you there Ktf Pete T. thumbsup.gif

Pete, do you want me to bring my spare Defibrillator for Mr. Gelately? :thumbsup:

Edited by coops

Pete, do you want me to bring my spare Defibrillator for Mr. Gelately? whistling

Is that in case one of the decks goes down Mick :laugh:

Ian e-mailed me in the week mate and you'll be pleased to know he's fighting fit now and ready to go :good:

All the best

Steve B

Hiya Pete, All is well here mate thanks. Yep Calvin is tucked away in my record box and will get an airing at Skeggy in September. Will also be giving it a spin at Prestatyn in March. Hope to see you soon mate. ATB Tony. OZ.

Guest LEICSSOULIES

Hi Steve and Pete

Heading up on Sat night from Sunny Leicester,

Looking forward to great night, in your new venue.

Is it break a leg? or Break a record whistling.gif ?

See ya Sat

Ali n Clint

Source Advert