Manifesto Soul Club - Fri 11 Dec - Thanks For Your Support

post-4124-12606731273691_thumb.jpg

THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY WHO TURNED UP ON FRIDAY NIGHT TO HELP RAISE MONEY FOR 6 YEAR OLD DONCASTER BOY JACK KITCHING. DESPITE THE BAD WEATHER THOSE THAT TURNED UP DUG DEEP IN THEIR POCKETS TO PURCHASE RAFFLE TICKETS AND BID ON AUCTION ITEMS. THANK YOU TO THE KELLINGLEY CLUB FOR DONATING THE ROOM FREE FOR THE NIGHT AND TO ALL WHO GENOROUSLY DONATED RAFFLE AND AUCTION ITEMS. THE TOTAL RAISED ON THE NIGHT WAS £775.thumbup.gif

SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR GUEST DJS MICK WADDINGTON AND JOE LAKIN FOR 2 HOURS OF SUPERB ACROSS THE BOARD SOUL MUSIC AND WHO GAVE THEIR SERVICES FOR FREE.thumbsup.gif

BIG THANKS TO ANDY BELLWOOD AND DALE BYERS WHO COMPILED 50 CDS OF TO GIVE AWAY TO THE 1ST 50 THROUGH THE DOOR ON THE NIGHT!!biggrin.gif

THERE WAS A SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE ON THE NIGHT FROM THE LITTLE GUY HIMSELF - JACK KITCHING, ALONG WITH HIS GRANDPARENTS, LES AND SUE, WHO CAME TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUPPORT OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS WHICH HAS HELPED TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF JACK'S LIFE.

A FURTHER £112 HAS BEEN RAISED BY HOLDING A RAFFLE AT THE EMPRESS BALLROOM, MEXBOROUGH ON SATURDAY NIGHT. THANKS TO THE PROMOTERS OF THE EMPRESS FOR THEIR SUPPORT.thumbsup.gif

THEREFORE, THE CURRENT AMOUNT RAISED SO FAR THIS WEEKEND IS £887.thumbup.gif

DONI BURDICK HAS DONATED A 1ST TEST PRESSING OF 'I HAVE FAITH IN YOU' / 'OPEN THE DOOR TO YOUR HEART' AND THIS IS CURRENTLY ON JOHN MANSHIP'S AUCTION SITE FOR A MONTH. THE PROCEEDS FROM THE SALE OF THIS RECORD WILL BE ADDED TO THE TOTAL WHEN THE AUCTION FINISHES.good.gif

https://www.raresoulm.../auction/latest

ONCE AGAIN A MASSIVE 'THANK YOU' TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND WE WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU ALL A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A SOULFUL NEW YEAR AND HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL IN 2010 AT THE MANIFESTO.biggrin.gif

AV & PETE

XX

Edited by LittleAv
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Pete and Av

What a great night, a lot of thought and effort went into the night for Jack. The silent auction :shhh: , the one off rare items, the Curtis Mayfield :elvis: portrait wow! The Tammi T Portrait all going for a song. The raffle prizes which I got one of them the Stax Cd collection and the one I spotted after that Martyn Bird won, the Roy Hamilton framed promo poster. shout.gif Not forgetting the Manships auction your chance to do your bit for Jack. :shades:

It was a shame about the bad weather conditions, a real pea souper of a night, that thick we did a Trevski, thats in dictionary of York speak for getting lost when you are close :thumbup: to the destination. There was room for a few more soul-folk, but was a great atmosphere and banter with the crowed I was with. A big thanks to Tony and Tracy :thumbup: for taking me, it was great to be out. Nice to be introduced Russ Steele and his wife as I was friends with his brother Gary in the 7t's, Getting chased MP's nono.gif getting him back into camp in my old moggy 1000, that was another time.

Andy

PS the fog had lifted, till we hit York

Well done all - we obviously missed an outstanding nite and only sorry Dale, Denise & I couldn't make it - sadly events conspired against us.

Magnificent fund raising and fantastic amount - especally when one takes into account the 'cheap as chips' admission (£3).

If any one missed out on the cd , we are happy to run a few more off ( won't be individually numbered ltd 1st edition, but a 2nd issue lol ). Anyone who would like one could you contact Pete n Av with a donation for the Jack Kitching Appeal and a cd will follow in the post.

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @

THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL , TADCASTER nr YORK,

SAT 19th December ALL DAYER 2PM -1AM

Venue is the restored 1920s, art deco ballroom with a fantastic main room (reputedly largest wooden sprung dance floor in England), balcony & upstairs rare soul room

Resident DJs PAT BRADY, TONY HATFIELD, JOHN PARKER , COLIN WOOD, ANDY BELLWOOD, MARTYN BYRD & DALE BYERS

SPECIAL GUEST DJs Maria Willingham & Guest, Phil Shields, Neil Rushton, Rob Wicks, Bri & Dave Pinch, Jo Wallace & Paul Thomas- Peter, Trev Thomas, Steve Wilson, Jeff Kidd & Andy Carling, the Attic Boys.

FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/

Checkout the updates on soul-source

A bit late with this due to a bit of a hangover :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Well done to Av & Pete for another excellent evening at the Manifesto thumbsup.gif Numbers only slightly down due to the bad weather but everyone had a great time :D Santa and his little helper aka DJS MICK WADDINGTON AND JOE LAKIN gave us real mixed bag of tunes for all to enjoy:thumbup:

Don

Big thanks to everyone who dug deep into their pockets, thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif I hope you enjoyed meeting Jack.

My Playlist more or less in order

1000 years - Brand New - Du Vern

Pyramid - Soul Bros Inc - Golden Eye

Up an down the hill - T C Lee & Bricklayers - King

I'm such a lonely one - Oxford Nights - Delphi

Dream Girl - Spiedels - Providence

Isn't it just a shame - Kenny Wells - New Voice

Please don't mention her name - Billy Storm - HBR

Those lonely nights - Soul Communicators - Fee Bee

Tell me how - Ernie Garrett - C/U

You're gone - Celeste Hardie - Reynolds

Connie - Servicemen - Chartmaker

2nd spot

You don't love me - Epitome of Sound - Sandbag

I still love you - Seven Souls - Okeh

These thing will keep me loving you - Blue Sharks - Acetate

This love starved heart of mine - Marvin Gaye - Tamla

Lonely for you baby - Sam Dees - SSS

You shook me up - Roy Hamilton R C A

Stolen Hours - Patrice Holloway - Capitol

Sad Girl - Carol Anderson - Fee

Baby I need you - T J Williams - Josie

Lend a hand - Bobby Hutton - ABC LP

I ain't going nowhere - Jimmy Reed Jnr - Mercury

Let my heart and soul be free - Tan Geers - Okeh

The time is right for love - Bobby Reed - Bell

Change your ways - Willie Kendrick - RCA

Sweet Thing - Georgie Fame - Columbia

It's all over - Charles Mann - ABC

Mick W

Big thanks to everyone who dug deep into their pockets, thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif I hope you enjoyed meeting Jack.

My Playlist more or less in order

1000 years - Brand New - Du Vern

Pyramid - Soul Bros Inc - Golden Eye

Up an down the hill - T C Lee & Bricklayers - King

I'm such a lonely one - Oxford Nights - Delphi

Dream Girl - Spiedels - Providence

Isn't it just a shame - Kenny Wells - New Voice

Please don't mention her name - Billy Storm - HBR

Those lonely nights - Soul Communicators - Fee Bee

Tell me how - Ernie Garrett - C/U

You're gone - Celeste Hardie - Reynolds

Connie - Servicemen - Chartmaker

2nd spot

You don't love me - Epitome of Sound - Sandbag

I still love you - Seven Souls - Okeh

These thing will keep me loving you - Blue Sharks - Acetate

This love starved heart of mine - Marvin Gaye - Tamla

Lonely for you baby - Sam Dees - SSS

You shook me up - Roy Hamilton R C A

Stolen Hours - Patrice Holloway - Capitol

Sad Girl - Carol Anderson - Fee

Baby I need you - T J Williams - Josie

Lend a hand - Bobby Hutton - ABC LP

Let my heart and soul be free - Tan Geers - Okeh

The time is right for love - Bobby Reed - Bell

Change your ways - Willie Kendrick - RCA

Sweet Thing - Georgie Fame - Columbia

It's all over - Charles Mann - ABC

Mick W

Mick 2 great sets but I can't remember this one

Is it the same version as Gloria Jones who wrote and preformed it on EMI and produced Jr Walkers on Motown

Andy

Edited by philly dog

Mick 2 great sets but I can't remember this one

Is it the same version as Gloria Jones who wrote and preformed it on EMI and produced Jr Walkers on Motown

Andy

HI ANDY

GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOURSELF ON FRIDAY - THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.thumbsup.gif

THE RECORD ISN'T THE SAME SONG - CHECK OUT MY LAST PLAYED TUNE TO HEAR THE JIMMY REED TRACK - YOU'LL KNOW IT WHEN YOU HEAR IT, IT'S AWESOME!!yes.gif

SEE YOU AT THE WEEKEND.good.gif

AV & PETE