Driffield - Capitol Of The Wolds Soul Club

Popped up to this event last night for the first time , normally I would of headed up to York , as USUAL , but have been trying to get up to Driffield for the last few months , it's a bit closer to home and so glad I did ,

Fantastic venue , ideal for a soul night and a great appreciative warm and friendly crowd , who danced their socks off thumbsup.gif

No politics , no ego's , just quality soul music played throughout by Russ and Jock , who were enthusiastic from beginning to end with their perfect mix of oldies , motown , the odd underplayed here and there , washed down with a pint of 70 ' s !!!

Russ , Jill , Ian and Pat really have found a perfect venue for a perfect night out , ( nice to meet you guys smile.gif )

All in all a brilliant night for three quid !! , if you have'nt been yet , get yourselves up there to sample some of that Wolds Soul thumbup.gif

Next one Feb 13 2010

See ya there , biggrin.gif

• Replies 9
  • Views 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Popped up to this event last night for the first time , normally I would of headed up to York , as USUAL , but have been trying to get up to Driffield for the last few months , it's a bit closer to home and so glad I did ,

Fantastic venue , ideal for a soul night and a great appreciative warm and friendly crowd , who danced their socks off thumbsup.gif

No politics , no ego's , just quality soul music played throughout by Russ and Jock , who were enthusiastic from beginning to end with their perfect mix of oldies , motown , the odd underplayed here and there , washed down with a pint of 70 ' s !!!

Russ , Jill , Ian and Pat really have found a perfect venue for a perfect night out , ( nice to meet you guys smile.gif )

All in all a brilliant night for three quid !! , if you have'nt been yet , get yourselves up there to sample some of that Wolds Soul

Next one Feb 13 2010

See ya there ,

Hey Scott nice to meet you last night and put yet another face to a forum name.biggrin.gif

Hey Russ Ian Jock a crackin little venue in a outpost of northern soul nice to have a bit of crack with yasthumbup.gif

Rob

All in all a brilliant night for three quid !! , if you have'nt been yet , get yourselves up there to sample some of that Wolds Soul thumbup.gif

Next one Feb 13 2010

See ya there , biggrin.gif

Hi Scott

Thanks for the massive plug, you guys deserved it, it was just unfortunate that we had to compete with Bruce Forsythe and Simon Cowell. Not a massive crowd but as you have noticed a very enthusiastic one. Will give you a bell in the new year, and once again thanks for putting yourself forward to DJ it was a pleasure.

Cheers

Russ

Hey Scott nice to meet you last night and put yet another face to a forum name.biggrin.gif

Hey Russ Ian Jock a crackin little venue in a outpost of northern soul nice to have a bit of crack with yasthumbup.gif

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for popping in, thanks for bringing me the posters from Rob W. I will thank him when I see him plus a bit of charity money. Glad you liked our little club but its like I said to Scott, Brucie and Simon kept a lot of our soulies in, but we still had a good time.

See you soon

Russ

Hi Rob

Thanks for popping in, thanks for bringing me the posters from Rob W. I will thank him when I see him plus a bit of charity money. Glad you liked our little club but its like I said to Scott, Brucie and Simon kept a lot of our soulies in, but we still had a good time.

See you soon

Russ

Hand delivered Russ

told you I had some !! Charity money to the Bluebell Wood Hospice when we see you at Brid please

Rob & Karen

Hand delivered Russ

told you I had some !! Charity money to the Bluebell Wood Hospice when we see you at Brid please

Rob & Karen

Hi Rob & Karen

Yeah no probs, Capitol of the Wolds Club donates to charity whatever we have left in the pot after weve paid our debts, I am trying to convince our organisers, thats me me missus and another couple that run it to lean to your chosen charity so hopefully you will have a bit more funding EH, I promise I wont start filling up this time when we start talking about lost sisters.

Ta very much for the posters.

Russ

• 3 weeks later...
Guest souliegirlie

Hi Russ, Jill, Ian and Pat!

We will defo try and make one of your dos again this year - have you got any forward dates yet? Soz the September one clashed with my Birthday arrangements. Won't ever forget your inaugural night and the half a pint of beer over my white linens...:thumbsup:...!

Han XXXX