The Kingstone Club 12-12-09

It's a Barnsley thing

SPECIAL GUESTS-PETE & ALEX

RESIDENTS- DEK GREENOFF

TOM WHEELHOUSE

& DEANO

No nighter for me this weekend so after watch X Factor with our lass, I was forced to do this honest! I found my self driving five miles to The Kingstone Club. Two pound to get in, mega price! Free CD, mega nice! Free record box sticker and car sticker, mega mega nice!!

As soon as I got in I recognised pockets of merry travelers, nice to see the East Midlands Soul Crew, you all looked the part and danced the part!

I have one criticism of the place and that is the dance floor, it reminded me a little of the Canklow dance floor? I think the tiles had been waxed? This looks great but as soon as the wax heats under dancer's feet it becomes ultra slippery and it can send the best of the best crashing to the ground add talcum powder to the mix and it makes for a dance floor disaster.

Tell the manager not to have anything put onto the dance floor, I promise this works.

Any way that's a minor niggle but one I needed to get off of my chest.

The highlight for me was just being part of a really fun soul night with every one enjoying those selves listening and dancing to some fantastic Northernsoul. Best of all for me was hearing a record for the first time Call Me - The Crowns ( 1969 - Pama Records ). I have never heard this before and it blew my socks off! I love it, I have added it to the bottom of this post.

Soul Tarn is a very diverse pudding with some thing for every one The Kingstone Club pumped out some serious sixties tunes, some well known's and some that are as rare as hens teeth! Kudos to the resident DJ's, I'd love to get a peek into your record boxes!!

This particular Saturday night in a twenty mile radius I bet there were about ten soul nights so it is a testament to The Kingstone Club Crew because you had a full house.

I had a good time and I believe you're on again next Friday down the road at the trades Club? I may take our lass cos she likes it up the tradesman's :-)

• Replies 5
  • Views 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's a Barnsley thing

SPECIAL GUESTS-PETE & ALEX

RESIDENTS- DEK GREENOFF

TOM WHEELHOUSE

& DEANO

No nighter for me this weekend so after watch X Factor with our lass, I was forced to do this honest! I found my self driving five miles to The Kingstone Club. Two pound to get in, mega price! Free CD, mega nice! Free record box sticker and car sticker, mega mega nice!!

As soon as I got in I recognised pockets of merry travelers, nice to see the East Midlands Soul Crew, you all looked the part and danced the part!

I have one criticism of the place and that is the dance floor, it reminded me a little of the Canklow dance floor? I think the tiles had been waxed? This looks great but as soon as the wax heats under dancer's feet it becomes ultra slippery and it can send the best of the best crashing to the ground add talcum powder to the mix and it makes for a dance floor disaster.

Tell the manager not to have anything put onto the dance floor, I promise this works.

Any way that's a minor niggle but one I needed to get off of my chest.

The highlight for me was just being part of a really fun soul night with every one enjoying those selves listening and dancing to some fantastic Northernsoul. Best of all for me was hearing a record for the first time Call Me - The Crowns ( 1969 - Pama Records ). I have never heard this before and it blew my socks off! I love it, I have added it to the bottom of this post.

Soul Tarn is a very diverse pudding with some thing for every one The Kingstone Club pumped out some serious sixties tunes, some well known's and some that are as rare as hens teeth! Kudos to the resident DJ's, I'd love to get a peek into your record boxes!!

This particular Saturday night in a twenty mile radius I bet there were about ten soul nights so it is a testament to The Kingstone Club Crew because you had a full house.

I had a good time and I believe you're on again next Friday down the road at the trades Club? I may take our lass cos she likes it up the tradesman's :-)

Yet another great nite at kingstone club , brandy sisters(old dears) , alex and pete( lil shits lol ) , dek ,tom and deano played some fabulous tunes , agree about the floor need something doing but that didnt spoil the nite , great crowd in and good to see notts crew up again , cant wait for boxing day at kingstone , trades and also the fabulous metrodome , what a soulful xmas its gonna be , merry xmas and happy new year to you all

regards mick

Edited by mickey2dinners
Guest dazzzzler

Yet another great nite at kingstone club , brandy sisters(old dears) , alex and pete( lil shits lol ) , dek ,tom and deano played some fabulous tunes , agree about the floor need something doing but that didnt spoil the nite , great crowd in and good to see notts crew up again , cant wait for boxing day at kingstone , trades and also the fabulous metrodome , what a soulful xmas its gonna be , merry xmas and happy new year to you all

regards mick

after me n mags ventured up from soul lounge .ad really gud time as allways top crowd .missed the proposal bit gud luk to u2 4 futurethumbsup.gif .nice to see carl n team gettin a passport in to barnsley.thumbup.gif .

thumbup.gifanother great night intarn,, bin a bit of an heavy w/end for me and last night topped it ...some crackin music started by joyce n shirl and continued by the cheeky young northern monkeys alex n pete

topped off by the regular dj,s especially the statler and waldolf duo dek n tom thumbup.gif

shades.gifcongratulations to diane (spekky bird)and ray on their engagement shades.gif

Guest BrandySistaShirl

thumbup.gifanother great night intarn,, bin a bit of an heavy w/end for me and last night topped it ...some crackin music started by joyce n shirl and continued by the cheeky young northern monkeys alex n pete

topped off by the regular dj,s especially the statler and waldolf duo dek n tom thumbup.gif

shades.gifcongratulations to diane (spekky bird)and ray on their engagement shades.gif

YEP ANOTHER GOOD NITE.thumbup.gif

REALY ENJOYED IT

NICE TO SEE CARL N CREW AGAIN.

CONGRATULATIONS TO RAY N DIANNE.

SEE YOU ALL SOON.X