South Essex Soul Club

Really enjoyed last night. Really friendly crowd and musically tuned to keep the floor busy virtually all night. Plenty to listen to and dance to. Tunes of the night for me were Garland Green, The Four Sights and The Fascinations (one of my all time top 5 sounds). The South Essex Soul boys should feel proud of their achievements over the last two years. Well done. :thumbup:

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Really enjoyed last night. Really friendly crowd and musically tuned to keep the floor busy virtually all night. Plenty to listen to and dance to. Tunes of the night for me were Garland Green, The Four Sights and The Fascinations (one of my all time top 5 sounds). The South Essex Soul boys should feel proud of their achievements over the last two years. Well done. :thumbup:

I will Second that and see you on the 2nd Warren

A good night, Eddie's set being the highlight for me.

Any dates set for 2010 yet?

Great night, busy dancefloor most of it!

Eddie played a great set, as he always does good.gif

Dates not yet sorted for 2010, hopefully will be soon. Probably four nights next year? Will post up as soon as we get them booked.

Big thanks to everyone who's supported us for the last two years thumbup.gif

Cracking night last night always a friendly place. god my legs are sore today, thought Eddies set was a stand out. but some great tunes played by everyone. well done and long may it continue :thumbup:

As already said a great night to end the year on, thumbup.gif with a really busy dance floor all night ,top sets from all the djs and a big thanks to our guest eddie paget thumbsup.gif

Have to say that if dancers on the floor are the measure of how good a night is, then we certainly had punters voting with their feet on Saturday. thumbsup.gif As Ginger was keen to point out, he was clocking up dance floor action at 8:23pm and it stayed that way to the end. In my opinion each of the DJs got it bang on and Mr Paget certainly played a big part in that.

Thanks to everyone from near and far that joined us, we will be posting up next year's dates in the very near future as we look forward to more of the same in South Essex.

Taff

We made our first foray up to Capones on Saturday and weren't dissapointed.

A proper night club venue, with a decent bar and sound system.

Loads of friendly faces there, which was nice, but I thought all of the DJ's got the music exactly right for the crowd and the occasion, with people dancing from when we arrived to the very end.

I really enjoyed all of the DJ's sets (got there too late for Ginger Dave's set, sorry mate) - in fact for me personally it was probably one of the most consistently good set of tunes I have heard in ages at a do of this type, with a good mix of classics and rarer 60's stuff (I'm getting worried because I even enjoyed Jon Downes R&B right at the end lol).

The place seemed nice and busy again from when we got there to the end, which is nice to see.

So thank you to the lads for promoting the night and the DJ's for entertaining us so well.

Definately well worth a visit, I would say.

Cheers,

Dave

Guest BintofSoul

My first visit to South Essex Soul Club and it won't be my lastthumbup.gif . I had a great time I really enjoyed all the sets, especially Jon's R&B tunes at the beginning of the night! Thanks for looking after me Ginger. See you very soon.

Nicki xxxx

Hi everyone !

Just wanna say a big thank you to all the guys and girls who make Soul At Capones such a pleasure to get involved with and also the guys who left comments on here regarding their approval of my set, much appreciated and thank you.

Thoroughly enjoyed meself as usual both from being out on the floor from the great tunes being spun by Ging, Stubbsy, John and Paul and by trying to keep the door paying soul boys and girls happy when it was my turn on the decks.

Mainly the classics from me on Saturday as me brief was... 'Classic's and Party Mood'.

Threw in a few Motown winners and crossover gems too for some of the crossover crowd there and hope I got the balance right for everyone (?)

Anyway's.... for those that wish to know me tunes played (cos I know some of ya's like that thing but not sure if there the right order tho, sorry)....

METROS - Since I Found My Baby - (RCA)

ROY HAMILTON - Crackin' Up Over You - (RCA)

DORIS TROY - I'll Do Anything (He Wants Me To Do) - (UK - CAMEO PARKWAY)

MAXINE BROWN - One In A Million - (WAND)

EDDIE HOLMAN - I Surrender - (ABC)

TONY GALLA - In Love - (SWAN)

MAJESTICS - (I Love Her So Much) It Hurts Me - (LINDA)

HERBERT HUNTER - I Was Born To Love You - (SPAR)

SAM WILLIAMS - Love Slipped Through My Fingers - (TOWER)

MAXINE BROWN - Let Me Give You My Loving - (WAND) - request from Sue -

T. S. U. TORONADOES - What Good Am I? - (ATLANTIC)

THE HESITATIONS - Is This The Way To Treat A Girl - (GWP)

VOICES OF EAST HARLEM - Cashing In - (JUST SUNSHINE)

KIM WESTON - Helpless - (GORDY)

THE TEMPS - Get Ready - (UK - TAMLA MOTOWN)

EDDIE BISHOP - Call Me - (ABC)

THE EPITOME OF SOUND - You Don't Love Me - (SANDBAG)

DEE DEE SHARP - What Kind Of Lady - (GAMBLE)

THE FI-DELS - Try A Little Harder - (KEYMAN)

THE FASCINATIONS - Girls Are Out To Get You - (UK - STATESIDE)

BARBARA LEWIS - I Remember The Feeling - (UK - ATLANTIC)

BOBBY HEBB - You Want To Change Me - (UK - PHILIPS) - request from the copper who loves big production stuff,"...when I went t' Cleethorpe's...." biggrin.gif

KINGS GO FORTH - You're The One - (MR C's) (For me gorgeous womanwink.gif )

CARSTAIRS - It Really Does Hurt Me - (RED COACH) - request from Jim -

JIMMY RADCLIFFE - Long After The Night Is All Over - (UK - STATESIDE) (For me !biggrin.gif )

Thanks again guys. Your all shining stars for putting on the last 2 years worth of do's. May there be many more to come!

Have a Soulful Xmas and i'll see y'all in the New Year.

Cheers thumbsup.gif