Incognito

Ab-Soul-Ution Sat 12Th December

Another great soulful night at the Moorlands, with great soulful people and a fantastic guest, who figured out early that we ain't a normal top 500 night, and supplied us with an hour of great soul you'll never hear anywhere else, Thanks Jordithumbsup.gif

We know nothing of this soul thing after 30 odd years I thought I was getting my head around it but we've only scatched the surface of whats out there and every month I get blown away by fantastic tracks I've missed on the way, so thanks as well to Andy, Kev R, Kev M & Nige for the monthly lesson in how ignorant I amthumbup.gif

And thanks to our supporters who turn up every month to join me in a wonderous learning curve, keep the floor busy and supplying the soul for the room wub.gif

John

P.S. Praise be to the lord for Kimbo for bringing Lisa blush.gif(no other reason)

Edited by Incognito

thumbup.gif

Another great soulful night at the Moorlands, with great soulful people and a fantastic guest, who figured out early that we ain't a normal top 500 night, and supplied us with an hour of great soul you'll never hear anywhere else, Thanks Jordithumbsup.gif

We know nothing of this soul thing after 30 odd years I thought I was getting my head around it but we've only scatched the surface of whats out there and every month I get blown away by fantastic tracks I've missed on the way, so thanks as well to Andy, Kev R, Kev M & Nige for the monthly lesson in how ignorant I amthumbup.gif

And thanks to our supporters who turn up every month to join me in a wonderous learning curve, keep the floor busy and supply the soul for the room wub.gif

John

P.S. Praise be to the lord for Kimbo for bring Lisa blush.gif(no other reason)

Wow we really really had a top nite. Excellent music, very very friendly crowd and the venue is just the right size, with a nice floor, bar spot on. We hadn't been for a while and what really stood out was the quality Level these guys set at the beginning is the standard.....

.......I expect thats why they changed the name at some point so riff raff like wat I is dont turn up trying to flog bobble hats with sleeves and string with holes in it.thumbup.gif our neighbours said praise the lord and sighed with relief as well, when we drove out the street the Clampits were on tour againthumbsup.gif See most of ya next week. Once again well done john and crew. Kimbo n Lisa Clampit.

thumbup.gif

Wow we really really had a top nite. Excellent music, very very friendly crowd and the venue is just the right size, with a nice floor, bar spot on. We hadn't been for a while and what really stood out was the quality Level these guys set at the beginning is the standard.....

.......I expect thats why they changed the name at some point so riff raff like wat I is dont turn up trying to flog bobble hats with sleeves and string with holes in it.thumbup.gif our neighbours said praise the lord and sighed with relief as well, when we drove out the street the Clampits were on tour againthumbsup.gif See most of ya next week. Once again well done john and crew. Kimbo n Lisa Clampit.

Cheers mate, lets see if we can lower the tone at Stafford next weekthumbsup.gif, The East midland soul pikey collective or summatthumbup.gif

Next one for us will be January the 9th with the Lincolnshire carrot cruncher Steve (SJay) Jackson so unless we see you all out and about have a great crimbo and a better new year.

Another great night at Ab - soul - ution

Good to see all the regulars plus some new ones.

Playlist goes something like!!!

executive jam - into your love

norman hutchins - i really love you

leroy hutson - because of you

sos band - the finest

second ressurection - you done let daylight catch you

arthur miles - helping hand

temptations - stay

melba moore - standing right here

connie laverne - cant live without you baby

neo - smile

gary toms empire - love me right

los charlies orchestra - some of the things

atlantic star - silver shadow

double exposure - ten percent

barratt strong - is it true

i'm Sure there was some more ??innocent.gif

Have a great Xmas everyone thumbsup.gif

Andy R

Edited by teacherman

And thanks to our supporters who turn up every month to join me in a wonderous learning curve, keep the floor busy and supplying the soul for the room wub.gif

John

P.S. Praise be to the lord for Kimbo for bringing Lisa blush.gif(no other reason)

Thanks John, I had a great night. It's great to be able play whatever you want and to be part of a night that encourages it's DJ's to experiment and not worry about packing the dancefloor all the time. The crowd there were also well into that ethos and attend the venue because of it. The music on the night was a great variety with some killer stuff played by all and the room is just the right size. It was funny coming into the room because you have to go through the front bar of the pub to get to it and it was a bit like a Deliverance scene with a few inbred looking banjo playing types. The first person I met inside was Kimbo who I thought should have belonged in the bar. :) I'll post up my playlist later.

Jordi

Thanks John, I had a great night. It's great to be able play whatever you want and to be part of a night that encourages it's DJ's to experiment and not worry about packing the dancefloor all the time. The crowd there were also well into that ethos and attend the venue because of it. The music on the night was a great variety with some killer stuff played by all and the room is just the right size. It was funny coming into the room because you have to go through the front bar of the pub to get to it and it was a bit like a Deliverance scene with a few inbred looking banjo playing types. The first person I met inside was Kimbo who I thought should have belonged in the bar. whistling.gif I'll post up my playlist later.

Jordi

Bet Kimbo's a great banjo plucker with his six fingers

I like to think of the night as a dissfunctional school with Andy, Kev's R&M as head of departments, Nige as the drunken washed out old maths prof. The dance crew as the A stream, The bar hangers as the B stream, The wheeler dealer chin-strokers behind the bike shed to cool 4 school types, and me the dodgy caretaker. The guest of course is the cool supply teacher who does'nt conform to the norm. I think you played your part well my friend.good.gif

Cu next week for the old mans birthday

John

John

Another night of great soul music, can't believe just over year gone this last of 2009 was musically high standard as set on previous nights.

Now looking foward to 2010 and trying to surpass whats already been played in 2009.Would like to thank everyone who's attended the last year i know you will have heard something different which as been our aim.Hope to see you all at AB- SOUL- UTION in 2010.

Playlist for KEVM

JAMECIA BENNETT - IF I GO BOY

MARVIN SPRINGER - WHERES MY LOVE GONE

FREDDIE WATERS - YOU PROMISED ME

TOBY RHODES - NO MORE TEARS

BATAAN - HEY GIRL

DWIGHT THOMPSON - MAN OH MAN

AL HUDSON & THE SOUL PARTNERS - WHY MUST WE SAY GOODBYE

HAPPINESS - GOTTA HAVE LOVE

CASUAL T - HANDS OFF

BRILLIANCE - CHILLIN OUT

BYRON STINGLEY - DON'T STOP

MIKE T - CRUISIN

THE LAST GENERATION - JUST A CHANCE IN LIFE

SATIN - GIVE ALL YOUR LOVE TO ME

ARNOLD JARVIS - BEAUTIFUL LOVE.

Here's my playlist from Saturday night, a bit of all sorts in roughly the right order :thumbsup:;

Blacknuss - Rising to the top (Arista 12" orig mix)

Al Johnson - I've got my second wind (Columbia 12")

The Directions - We Need Love (Brunswick lp)

Limmie - Saturday night's the night (UK Psycho)

Sonny Daye & Sly, Slick & Wicked - Never Had a girl like you (Bad Boys)

Richard Paradise - Let Me Stay (A&T)

Chuck Stephens - Paying for your love (Leo Mini)

Hamilton Movement - She's Gone (Look out)

Larry Hobson - Say What's on your mind (C/U)

Rey Villar & Royal Flush - Heaven is my witness (Ecbolic)

Wanda McDaniels - Gangster Boy (Test press)

Hard Drivers & Vivian Lee - Since I was a little girl (Hawes)

Ralph Weeks - Let Me Do My Thing (Sally Ruth)

El Corols Band - Chick Chick (Tiny)

Earl English & The Apachies - Trying to make ends meet (Six Toe)

Joey Irving & Just Us - There's a man (Baltic)

Willie Tee - Teasing you again (Gatur)

Master Keys - Tears (Givhan)

Thanks jordi I think there's a big enough spread there, 60's in a modern room what will baggie brigade thinkwhistling.gif

PM'ed you Kev for Saturdaythumbsup.gif

I think there were only 2 John, El Corols Band ('68) and Master Keys, and I don't think the baggies would know them so they definately wouldn't like them. :thumbsup:

I think there were only 2 John, El Corols Band ('68) and Master Keys, and I don't think the baggies would know them so they definately wouldn't like them. shades.gif

Yeah that El Corals thing, anything to do with Gene Chandler or James Brown

'cause it sounded a bit like 'There was a time' to me!unsure.gif

Great tune thoughgood.gif

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.