Kay Gee Bee 10Th Anniversary

Guest Barry Holland

Guest Barry Holland

Thanks to everyone who turned up last night at the Kay Gee Bee. thumbup.gif Another cracking night and great atmosphere from the KGB crowd, we had a full house, great turn out.thumbup.gif Thanks to those who travelled, from our regular Sheffield crowd to Rotherham crew, Nottingham party, Doncaster lot and some friends came over from Hull. thumbup.gif You were all amazing. Great spots from all the D.J.'s kept the dance floor full all night. Here's to the next 10 years whistling.gif . All the best to soulies everywhere and have a great Xmas and soulfull new year. Barry and Ann. KGB. KTF.beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I would just like to say I had a fantastic time last night at the KGB place was packed great atmosphere great spots from all DJ's. Just like to say thanks to Barry and Ann for asking me to do a spot it was a massive compliment. I hope the KGB will be going for another 10 years. Here's my playlist for last night although not in order. thumbsup.gif

don gardener - my baby likes to boogaloo

chubby checker - at the discotheque

artistics - hope we have

judy clay - you busted my mind

jelly beans - you done mean me no good

billy butler - right track

candy & the kisses - out on the streets again

mel britt - she'll come running back

vibrations - cause your mine

sandra phillips - world without sunshine

judy street - what

vel-vets - i got a find somebody

sister sledge - love dont go through no changes on me

jeanette white - music

precisions - if this is love

five du tones - shake a tail feather

larry willams - too late

john speaker - i cant break the news to myself

tony galla - in love

garnett mimms - looking for you

julien covey - a little bit hurt

timebox - girl don't make me wait

stevie wonder - aint that asking for trouble

velvelettes - he was really saying something

temptations - get ready

mitch ryder - devil with a blue dress / good golly miss molly

Hi Barry,

concratulation's on ten fantstic year's, absolutely superb night at the KGB last night :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: . Awesome spot's from all DJ's :rolleyes: , full dance floor all night good.gif , atmosphere to die for :lol: (the place was packed all night good.gif ). Thank's to you & Ann for the brilliant hospitality, love to Kath & Andrew :wave::D .

Keep up the good work, have a great Christmas & a Lovely new year all of you, cheer's Woody :D .

what a fantastic nite !! ..... I have not been to the Kay Gee Bee since 79/80 .... i knew the main hall was now a snooker room and felt that the place could never be the same....so i have never botherd... i did not want to shatter my memories, ....... how very wrong i was....this place is full to the brim with that "old Kay gee bee" feel.....it is sooooo very much an underground soul club, one of those places that flicks the switch as you walk in,....thumbsup.gif ....the atmosphere is brilliant,...... Barry and Ann, who i have known many many years said before we came,... almost with a "sorry".... that it may not be what we expected, it's not a massive nite, it's not the old Kgb you will remember etc etc....

well Barry And Ann ,...you have a real soul club there, full of enthusiastic dancers and people who love "northern soul" ...... I had come home...

later on in the nite i ventured through the back door to the old hall... now silent, but the old ghosts were there with the fixtures and fittings, i silently danced few steps in my old dance spot,..... saw in my minds eye my old friends dancing there too....sniff" i'm getting soppy now lol

we had a wonderfull nite Barry, looking forward to Dj'n there in the new year, it will be an honour....

KTF , pete n' susan

Edited by casper

couldnt agree more with the coments it is a fantastic night one i look forward to and is speciall to me, looking forward to doing a spot on new years eve should be a great night and must say saterday was bouncing really good atmosphere really enjoyed it !! was spot on great spots from all DJ's. and couldnt agree more with u pete it is a underground club with a real atmosphere the place gives me shivers everytime i walk down them stairs well dancing down them listning to what record im missing while paying at the door thumbup.gif

KTF and hope to see everyone at sammies next week and if not have a great xmas and new year KTF thumbsup.gif

Guest Barry Holland

Hi Barry,

concratulation's on ten fantstic year's, absolutely superb night at the KGB last night thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif . Awesome spot's from all DJ's whistling.gif , full dance floor all night good.gif , atmosphere to die for laugh.gif (the place was packed all night good.gif ). Thank's to you & Ann for the brilliant hospitality, love to Kath & Andrew wave.gifthumbsup.gif .

Keep up the good work, have a great Christmas & a Lovely new year all of you, cheer's Woody thumbsup.gif .

Cheers for that Dave, no probs mate, thanks for your support, all the best, Barry. KGB. KTF.

Guest Barry Holland

I would just like to say I had a fantastic time last night at the KGB place was packed great atmosphere great spots from all DJ's. Just like to say thanks to Barry and Ann for asking me to do a spot it was a massive compliment. I hope the KGB will be going for another 10 years. Here's my playlist for last night although not in order. thumbsup.gif

don gardener - my baby likes to boogaloo

chubby checker - at the discotheque

artistics - hope we have

judy clay - you busted my mind

jelly beans - you done mean me no good

billy butler - right track

candy & the kisses - out on the streets again

mel britt - she'll come running back

vibrations - cause your mine

sandra phillips - world without sunshine

judy street - what

vel-vets - i got a find somebody

sister sledge - love dont go through no changes on me

jeanette white - music

precisions - if this is love

five du tones - shake a tail feather

larry willams - too late

john speaker - i cant break the news to myself

tony galla - in love

garnett mimms - looking for you

julien covey - a little bit hurt

timebox - girl don't make me wait

stevie wonder - aint that asking for trouble

velvelettes - he was really saying something

temptations - get ready

mitch ryder - devil with a blue dress / good golly miss molly

Thanks for doing a great spot Al. Some great tunes played, from everybody. See you soon. Barry. KGB. KTF.

Guest Barry Holland

couldnt agree more with the coments it is a fantastic night one i look forward to and is speciall to me, looking forward to doing a spot on new years eve should be a great night and must say saterday was bouncing really good atmosphere really enjoyed it !! was spot on great spots from all DJ's. and couldnt agree more with u pete it is a underground club with a real atmosphere the place gives me shivers everytime i walk down them stairs well dancing down them listning to what record im missing while paying at the door thumbup.gif

KTF and hope to see everyone at sammies next week and if not have a great xmas and new year KTF thumbsup.gif

Thanks Liam, it's people like yourself and Al, who will keep the scene going. Loving the music as much as us old 'uns. Keep on dancing, and look forward to your spot new years eve, and don't worry, other spots will come, eventually. Barry. KGB. KTF.

Guest Barry Holland

what a fantastic nite !! ..... I have not been to the Kay Gee Bee since 79/80 .... i knew the main hall was now a snooker room and felt that the place could never be the same....so i have never botherd... i did not want to shatter my memories, ....... how very wrong i was....this place is full to the brim with that "old Kay gee bee" feel.....it is sooooo very much an underground soul club, one of those places that flicks the switch as you walk in,....thumbsup.gif ....the atmosphere is brilliant,...... Barry and Ann, who i have known many many years said before we came,... almost with a "sorry".... that it may not be what we expected, it's not a massive nite, it's not the old Kgb you will remember etc etc....

well Barry And Ann ,...you have a real soul club there, full of enthusiastic dancers and people who love "northern soul" ...... I had come home...

later on in the nite i ventured through the back door to the old hall... now silent, but the old ghosts were there with the fixtures and fittings, i silently danced few steps in my old dance spot,..... saw in my minds eye my old friends dancing there too....sniff" i'm getting soppy now lol

we had a wonderfull nite Barry, looking forward to Dj'n there in the new year, it will be an honour....

KTF , pete n' susan

Thanks for your kind words, Pete and Susan. Really, really chuffed you both enjoyed saturday. As you said we were a bit unsure of what you might think. I'll tell you somert, you 've got me sniffing now, eye's watering, i think my bladder is too close to my eyes a lately. Memories no one can take away, beautifull. Will sort something out soon about a spot, no worries. All the best, see you at Sammies. Barry. KGB. KTF.

Guest Barry Holland

Knew it'd be good and knew I couldn't make it!! :boxing:

Well done u2 :innocent:

Keep spreading the faith

Hope to see you in New Year (2nd) maybe shades

Cheers Ash. Should be over on the 2nd, hopefully, but gonna be busy the few days before. Will have to take some different medication to what i'm on normally (lol). Barry. KGB. KTF.

Thanks to everyone who turned up last night at the Kay Gee Bee. thumbup.gif Another cracking night and great atmosphere from the KGB crowd, we had a full house, great turn out.thumbup.gif Thanks to those who travelled, from our regular Sheffield crowd to Rotherham crew, Nottingham party, Doncaster lot and some friends came over from Hull. thumbup.gif You were all amazing. Great spots from all the D.J.'s kept the dance floor full all night. Here's to the next 10 years whistling.gif . All the best to soulies everywhere and have a great Xmas and soulfull new year. Barry and Ann. KGB. KTF.beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

Hya Barry & Anne, congratulations on reaching 10 years at the Kay Gee Bee (Bar Abbey) good.gifbeer.gif i am sorry i did not make the night as i said i would but after being on my knees all day laying hardwood floor i could barely stand up, & that was without a drink lol,

it sounds like i missed a bloody good night, am glad it went well as i knew it would excl.gif i wish you & Anne a very merry Christmas & i will come down to see you in Jan, love to you both beer.gif Steve Foster wave.gif

CHRISTMAS CRACKER IN SHEFFIELD TUESDAY 29th DECEMBER

ROUTE61 SOUL NIGHT @ THE NIAGARA SUITE

NORTHERN SOUL - MOTOWN - MODERN - RnB

NIAGARA RD. WADSLEY BRIDGE, SHEFFIELD S6 1LU TEL. 0114 2964945

STEVE FOSTER - 07951713882 OR JOHNNY WOOD - 07905028089

REGULAR BOYS - FOZZIE - JOHNNY WOOD - STEVE WORMAULD,

GUEST DJ - SOULMAN MARTIN

7 O CLOCK TILL 12-30

£3.50 O.T.D.

THIS IS A FANTASTIC NEW VENUE, EASY TO FIND & GET TO, SITUATED JUST OFF THE A61 - JUST PAST SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FOOTBALL STADIUM, HEADING NORTH OUT OF SHEFFIELD, YOU COME TO A TRAFFIC ISLAND GO STRAIGHT ACROSS PAST BURGER KING & TAKE A LEFT & SHARP LEFT AGAIN INTO THE NIAGARA CAR PARK, OR IF YOU COME DOWN THE A61 TOWARDS SHEFFIELD AT THE TRAFFIC ISLAND COME BACK ON YOUR SELF & FOLLOW ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS, THIS IS SUCH A GREAT VENUE !!!

MUSIC IS ACROSS THE BOARD WE JUST AIM TO PLEASE

STEVE FOSTER - 07951713882 OR JOHNNY WOOD - 07905028089

( route61@fsmail.net )

Guest Barry Holland

Hya Barry & Anne, congratulations on reaching 10 years at the Kay Gee Bee (Bar Abbey) good.gifbeer.gif i am sorry i did not make the night as i said i would but after being on my knees all day laying hardwood floor i could barely stand up, & that was without a drink lol,

it sounds like i missed a bloody good night, am glad it went well as i knew it would excl.gif i wish you & Anne a very merry Christmas & i will come down to see you in Jan, love to you both beer.gif Steve Foster wave.gif

Ey up Steve, thanks for that.Have a great xmas and new year, will see you somewhere soon. Barry and Ann. KGB. KTF.

Eyup Barry, Ann and all who came down on Saturday. I'm a bit late with this, but the Horse and Groom took up Sunday biggrin.gif and I've actually had two solid days at work, so I haven't had time (sad but true, though nobody will believe me). no.gif

Anyroad, can I say how chuffed I was to be asked to play on this, the 10th Anniversary. thumbup.gif It was a special night, so being part of it felt special. good.gif The crowd were there from early and everyone seemed in an extra good mood. I thought Al, Woodie, Doug and, of course, Barry, all played some top tunes, and the dancers responded.

My playlist (9pm - 10pm) was...

Ketty Lester - Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid

Mamie Lee - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away

Tammi Terrell - Come On And See Me

Deon Jackson - That's What You Do To Me

Lavern Baker - I'm The One To Do It

Gladys Knight & the Pips - Stop And Get A Hold Of Myself

Rosebuds - Say You'll Be Mine

Sylvia Shemwell - He'll Come Back

Ted Taylor - Somebody's Always Tryin'

Jimmy Holiday & Clydie King - Ready Willing And Able

Billy Eckstine - I Wonder Why

Baby Earl & the Trinidads - Back Slop

Ambassadors - Too Much Of A Good Thing

Bobby Williams - I've Only Got Myself To Blame

Curtis Blandon - In The Long Run

Cavaliers - Hold To My Baby

Dore Strings - Gone With The Wind (Instr.)

Porgy & the Monarchs - That Girl

Epitome Of Sound - You Don't Love Me

Roy Hamilton - You Shook Me Up

Bob Relf - Blowing My Mind To Pieces

Laura Lee - To Win Your Heart

Major Lance - You Don't Want Me No More

Fidels - Try A Little Harder

thumbup.gif Thanks to all of you who danced, tapped, sang along etc etc. It was a pleasure. Looking forward to New Year's Eve! thumbup.gif

John

Guest Barry Holland

Eyup Barry, Ann and all who came down on Saturday. I'm a bit late with this, but the Horse and Groom took up Sunday biggrin.gif and I've actually had two solid days at work, so I haven't had time (sad but true, though nobody will believe me). no.gif

Anyroad, can I say how chuffed I was to be asked to play on this, the 10th Anniversary. thumbup.gif It was a special night, so being part of it felt special. good.gif The crowd were there from early and everyone seemed in an extra good mood. I thought Al, Woodie, Doug and, of course, Barry, all played some top tunes, and the dancers responded.

My playlist (9pm - 10pm) was...

Ketty Lester - Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid

Mamie Lee - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away

Tammi Terrell - Come On And See Me

Deon Jackson - That's What You Do To Me

Lavern Baker - I'm The One To Do It

Gladys Knight & the Pips - Stop And Get A Hold Of Myself

Rosebuds - Say You'll Be Mine

Sylvia Shemwell - He'll Come Back

Ted Taylor - Somebody's Always Tryin'

Jimmy Holiday & Clydie King - Ready Willing And Able

Billy Eckstine - I Wonder Why

Baby Earl & the Trinidads - Back Slop

Ambassadors - Too Much Of A Good Thing

Bobby Williams - I've Only Got Myself To Blame

Curtis Blandon - In The Long Run

Cavaliers - Hold To My Baby

Dore Strings - Gone With The Wind (Instr.)

Porgy & the Monarchs - That Girl

Epitome Of Sound - You Don't Love Me

Roy Hamilton - You Shook Me Up

Bob Relf - Blowing My Mind To Pieces

Laura Lee - To Win Your Heart

Major Lance - You Don't Want Me No More

Fidels - Try A Little Harder

thumbup.gif Thanks to all of you who danced, tapped, sang along etc etc. It was a pleasure. Looking forward to New Year's Eve! thumbup.gif

John

Yeh, thanks for that John. As said before some great tunes from everyone on the night. Barry. KGB. KTF.

Thanks Liam, it's people like yourself and Al, who will keep the scene going. Loving the music as much as us old 'uns. Keep on dancing, and look forward to your spot new years eve, and don't worry, other spots will come, eventually. Barry. KGB. KTF.

cheers baz and ye hopefully will get a few more spots in 2010 :thumbup:

KTF thumbsup.gif

Guest Barry Holland

cheers baz and ye hopefully will get a few more spots in 2010 thumbup.gif

KTF thumbsup.gif

Thanks a lot in helping out during the day as well, showing an interest in more than just the music, cheers. Barry. KGB. KTF.