Subcity.org

Agentsmith

wow! im obviously behind the times, i mean i know there are loads of stations pumping out quality soul now but soulful allsorts is a neat little sweetie on a saturday, if youll pardon the pun, and fraser dunne certainly has good taste as yesterday's show ( 12/12 ) proved. the kingdom of fife was in town in the shape of kenny burrell...glesgee treated to scotlands finest spinning some rare tunes for two hours ( 2-4pm. check out the playlist. for anyone who's not aware its on subcity.org. by the way my bedroom was rockin and i was informed the studio didnae have carpets or rona would have ripped them up!. looks like us sassenachs loss is the auld country's gain as we'll not see the king down here again....so more radio appearances kenny and well done fraser for an inspirational show....q. was it just me and eddie hubbard who had a relaxing saturday afternoon then?

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks for the mention guys.

Kenny brought an alternate take of Do I Love you on an acetate. He also played a couple of tracks only available on a pair of studio acetates and are unavailable commercially despite beig extremely good recordings. Just check them on Listen Again. Anyone know who's singing. You'll find the playlist there as well.

There are about 50 editions of Soulful Allsorts on Line which can be accessed above. All of the sounds come from original sources and over 90% from vinyl.

There are other black music shows on Subcity presented by young students whom Fraser and I have DJ'd with at fund raisers for the station.

Edited by Felonious Munk
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!