Oxford 3Rd Anniversary 12/12/09

Guest vinylvixen

Guest vinylvixen

Just got back from Oxford and I'm collapsing in a heap with a coffee and a handful of Quality Street....but let me tell you the reason for my knackeredness....Oxford's 3rd anniversary - hats off to Maz, Del and all the other Oxford Organisers for putting on a completely tip top night thumbup.gifthumbup.gif The Banbury posse were there in force complete with their own banquet - what a good idea....all the tables in the room were overflowing with mince pies, flying saucers and Quality Street (always a sign of a great night thumbsup.gif ) and me and Sean had been given 3 hours between us....HAHAHAHAH you fools....don't you know that's like giving strawberries to a donkey????? What a knees up - between us we played well known classics, cherished 6Ts favourites and much loved Motown....and one or two corkers wicked.gif Would I do it again - you bet your last QS strawberry cream I would. Big love to EVERYONE who turned up and supported the night - great to see Rob Burr after 27 years - him and his missus came all the way from Dymchurch on the Kent Coast and bought me a tin of Quality Street which made my week....and a special hug to Paul Dunne who didn't stop dancing all night. Points out of 10....11. Off to have a nap xx

Edited by vinylvixen
  • Replies 18
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Twas a great night indeed and a good atmosphere.

The Banbury Soul Club Christmas outing was deffo a success.thumbup.gif Well done to Charlie for organizing it.

Highlight for me was seeing The Testicle twins back together.

Your combined enthusiasm flows onto the floor.

And of course not forgetting congrats to the Oxford Soul Club for 3 years.

Shame Jon couldn't be there but I'm sure he will pleased when he sees the look back.

Great to see you again Jo.

Best wishes and Happy Christmas to all.

Tabs

Just got back from Oxford and I'm collapsing in a heap with a coffee and a handful of Quality Street....but let me tell you the reason for my knackeredness....Oxford's 3rd anniversary - hats off to Maz, Del and all the other Oxford Organisers for putting on a completely tip top night thumbup.gifthumbup.gif The Banbury posse were there in force complete with their own banquet - what a good idea....all the tables in the room were overflowing with mince pies, flying saucers and Quality Street (always a sign of a great night thumbsup.gif ) and me and Sean had been given 3 hours between us....HAHAHAHAH you fools....don't you know that's like giving strawberries to a donkey????? What a knees up - between us we played well known classics, cherished 6Ts favourites and much loved Motown....and one or two corkers wicked.gif Would I do it again - you bet your last QS strawberry cream I would. Big love to EVERYONE who turned up and supported the night - great to see Rob Burr after 27 years - him and his missus came all the way from Dymchurch on the Kent Coast and bought me a tin of Quality Street which made my week....and a special hug to Paul Dunne who didn't stop dancing all night. Points out of 10....11. Off to have a nap xx

Guest Pandora

What an absolutely fantastic night. We all had a brillant time, a party atmosphere from the start to the finish. Well done to Maz, Del and Steve you must be over the moon with how well your 3rd Anniversary night went. A great start to Christmas and what a lovely touch dedicating your complimentary cd to the memory of Dave Bailey.

Great sets by Guest DJ's Jo and Sean, and residents Maz and Charlie, they kept us up on the dance floor from the first record right through to the end of the night! (My legs know it today).

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Pandora

Guest Little Reg

Hi GUY'S REG HEAR :rolleyes: WELL YOU DID IT AGAIN WHAT A BRILLANT NIGHT THE BEST SO FAR THIS YEAR I LOVED IT. MINCEPIES AND SWEETIES AS WELL WHAT A YEAR ITS BEEN AND ILL'D LIKE TO THANK YOU BOY'S FOR THE WONDERFULL TIME WE ALL HAD AT THE HUNSTATION WEEKENDER AND FOR LOOKING AFTER ME MATE SUE "NIGHT NUERS"

ALSO ILL'D LIKE TO THANK ALL THOUSE WHO BROUGHT ME BOOK THANKS .:thumbup:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU SOULIES

LOTS OF LOVE

LITTLE REG XX :shades:

PS SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING IM ON ME OWN:mellow: CHEERS

Guest matt tees

What a cracking night. It is always such a pleasure to DJ for the Oxford Boys so a big congratulations to Del, Maz and Charlie Mac and although not there because he is poorly at the Mo Jon Willis. These guys really are some of the nicest guys on the soul scene who run the club from the heart and should be extremely proud of their efforts so well done. Mind you that Wallace " Aye get your arses on the dance floor" BIRD ain't bad either, one of the true pro's who always does the buisiness in every room and on every occasion. Top Night Top People Happy 3rd!!!

Guest vinylvixen

Would like to say a huge Thankyou to Del for cd's & dvd's, they are awsome!!!

cheers Del

XXXthumbup.gif

DVDs/CDs?? did I miss something rolleyes.gif If there's some anniversary giveaways floating about, I'd love one.....thumbup.gif Jo xx

Guest soul elite

DVDs/CDs?? did I miss something rolleyes.gif If there's some anniversary giveaways floating about, I'd love one.....thumbup.gif Jo xx

Yeah, there were lots on the table by the door and its an excellent cd!!

Katrina x

What a GREAT night ....

Well Done OSC. 3 years at it, and no sign of wear and tear.....except Dels hat.

Great to catch up with some old friends .Simon ,Bob & Benny look forward to seeing you all in the very near future.

And as for you Del & Maz I will see you at 7pm sharp 19/12/009 at my gaff ....if my hairs dry and I've ironed my strides I should be on time....:innocent:

Once again thanks for putting together one of the finest little soul nights ever !:good:

MY LIFE whistling

What a cracking night. It is always such a pleasure to DJ for the Oxford Boys so a big congratulations to Del, Maz and Charlie Mac and although not there because he is poorly at the Mo Jon Willis. These guys really are some of the nicest guys on the soul scene who run the club from the heart and should be extremely proud of their efforts so well done. Mind you that Wallace " Aye get your arses on the dance floor" BIRD ain't bad either, one of the true pro's who always does the buisiness in every room and on every occasion. Top Night Top People Happy 3rd!!!

Sean,

i remember when i asked you and Jo if you would come to Oxford and do our 3rd anneversary (Northampton 2008)ive been talking about this event ever since.

"WHAT A NIGHT"

When vodka Charlie hit the decks and got the place rocking,plenty of humour involved in the set also,he handed over to the soul queen Jo Wallace,who had the crowd off there seats and dancing the whole set,

Then Jo hands over to one of the best DJs there is(imho),Sean Chapman who continued where Jo left off,a dancers dream of a night,then the testicle twins made there only appearance of the year,and the place caught fire,what a performance,which will be remembered for a long time,and what a party we had.(put a load of lollipops on the tables,did i know what was coming).wicked.gif.

A big thankyou to all our friends that came,Banbury crew thank you for your continued support,and those from a far afield as,Ashby,Folkestone,Norwich,East Grinstead,Newbury,Gloucester,Cheltenham and all our locals.:):thumbup::shades:.

Sean and Jo thank you once again.(Sean we will see you at Luton this Saturday)

Great way to see out 2009.

Merry xmas to you all,

MAZ

OXFORD SOUL CLUB

Guest matt tees

I missed the CDs also and I did not get any quality street either, I reckon that Wallace Bird must have knicked them all!!!!

Wow another belter! thumbup.gif

Can't add to what has already been said other than my own thanks and Congratulations.

Top night, Top venue, Top floor, Top music and Top organisers well done guys, job done for this year now you can enjoy your Xmas.

See you on saturday at Luton

All the best

Cheers

Yogi thumbsup.gif

JO,

E-MAIL ME YOUR HOME ADDRESS AND ILL SEND ONE TO YOU.

LOVE AND BEST WISHES

MAZ

We all had a fantastic night and it started on the way up in the minibus. Plenty of vodka cocktails going down, lots of banter. So by the time we got there you could say we were very much in the party mood! Maz, Del and Steve had decorated all the tables with quality street, baloons, mince pies and party poppers which added to the Christmas and Anniversary feel of the night. Everyone one hit the floor within minutes of being there and that's how it stayed, everybody there was really enjoying themselves. Jo followed me on the decks after my hour, goes without saying, she kept them all dancing. Then it was Sean's set. Excellent again, played to the crowd. Then the pair double decked for an hour and just kept belting out tune after tune. Finally finished off by Maz doing the last hour, he kept the dancers happy to the end. Well done lads, we all had a fantastic time, as did everybody that went. See you at Luton on Saturday.

Keep safe, keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

Oxford is a real good venue and hospitality rules. A great Anniversary night as you would expect. Our very own Charlie Mc. (Banbury Soul Club) set up Jo and Sean with a trail blazing set that had 'em up dancing. We all know what Jo and Sean can do, so nuff said ! But together they were like peaches and cream with a cherry on the top. Somewhere interspersed were the Oxford boys, but I just cannot remember where.

Well done Oxford for a super night.

Cheers............... Tom.

well another year nearly over, this was a lovely way to finish off 2009 for us . first off thanks for our friends at Oxford , Ashby , Norwich and all over , thanks to the Banbury crowd, top people .

it was a great night that just whizzed past , as you knew it would, we arrived just after 8 and Charlie was on, lots of people up dancing early, then Jo , then Sean , then there they were the testicle twins back together again, really missed Northampton this year, Maz finished off a lovely evening .

My poor old knees and feet have just recovered, can't remember dancing so much , oh since the last one !!!

we've put some pic's up in the gallery, see what you think ?

We would like to wish everyone at our second home a happy christmas and a soulful new year, also would just like to say a special hi to Jon Willis , hope you're better soon and also to Les and Gina ,see you soon

Take good care

Steve and Chris (Folkestone)