The Home Of Soul

Guest soulfulrosa

Guest soulfulrosa

What a fantastic afternoon of soul was had yesterday with over 700 soulies packed into the original club that is the Twisted Wheel.

The atmosphere was electric and the queues outside was very reminiscent of the 60`s.

We were treated to a fantastic set by Paul Davis who dj`d at the club from 1968 until the close in 1971.

He played nothing new. quite naturally... but classic after classic after classic was played by Paul to the absolute delight of the crowd. Paul said very little but just kept the music coming... just the sort of DJ I like.. he let the music speak for itself.

Thankyou Pete Roberts for keeping the club alive and kicking in the 21st century. THE origional soul club on the original site.. which is, undoubtedly very special.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 2
  • Views 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What a fantastic afternoon of soul was had yesterday with over 700 soulies packed into the original club that is the Twisted Wheel.

The atmosphere was electric and the queues outside was very reminiscent of the 60`s.

We were treated to a fantastic set by Paul Davis who dj`d at the club from 1968 until the close in 1971.

He played nothing new. quite naturally... but classic after classic after classic was played by Paul to the absolute delight of the crowd. Paul said very little but just kept the music coming... just the sort of DJ I like.. he let the music speak for itself.

Thankyou Pete Roberts for keeping the club alive and kicking in the 21st century. THE origional soul club on the original site.. which is, undoubtedly very special.

whistling.gif

We had a "Fantastic Day".

Caught the Train from York at 11.15am and was having a lovely Sunday Dinner in the Bulls Heads across from the Train Station by 1pm. Joined the queue at about 2.50pm, got in just after 3pm and the place was bouncing. Did the usual walk about from room to room. Didn't matter which room you was in the Music was "Top Drawer". Pure Classic Wheel Choons. We met up with friends travelling from Coventry, Doncaster, Rotherham, Stoke etc,etc and all over Lancashire........... Just Brilliant....biggrin.gif

I must say though, knowing that there was going to be 700+ people, they should have had more bar staff on. (Hopefully this will get sorted for the next one)?? Normally you get served quick, but yesterday was taking up to 20 - 30 minutes....g.gif

KTF.............. See you in the New Year....thumbsup.gif Bridgey & Linda (York)....thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Edited by Bridgey

We had a "Fantastic Day".

Caught the Train from York at 11.15am and was having a lovely Sunday Dinner in the Bulls Heads across from the Train Station by 1pm. Joined the queue at about 2.50pm, got in just after 3pm and the place was bouncing. Did the usual walk about from room to room. Didn't matter which room you was in the Music was "Top Drawer". Pure Classic Wheel Choons. We met up with friends travelling from Coventry, Doncaster, Rotherham, Stoke etc,etc and all over Lancashire........... Just Brilliant....biggrin.gif

I must say though, knowing that there was going to be 700+ people, they should have had more bar staff on. (Hopefully this will get sorted for the next one)?? Normally you get served quick, but yesterday was taking up to 20 - 30 minutes....g.gif

KTF.............. See you in the New Year....thumbsup.gif Bridgey & Linda (York)....thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Bridgey,

having been going to the Wheel for five years on Fridays and the Sunday sessions for the eighteen months they've been running for take it from me that WAS with extra bar staff !Only in recent months has the upstairs part of the club,which was Placemates 7 and has two bars,has been open so imagine what it was like before then.

Edited by NorthernMoorSoul