Gabin Feat Dee Dee Bridgewater - Into My Soul

Steve Plumb

Peeps

A friend of mine (honest I do have one!) is desperate for a 12" vinyl copy of Gabin feat Dee Dee Bridgewater - Into my soul (from 2005)

He has deepish pockets so please feel free to nail his hat on and make yourself a few bob in the process (hee hee)

Anyone who has a copy for sale please let me know so my mate will stop pestering me?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 16
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Best of luck Steve don't see this very often and I doubt if anyone who has it will be parting with theirs

Mick W

too true Mick - always being asked to sell mine , always a nooooooooooooo (sorry)

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @

THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL , TADCASTER nr YORK,

SAT 19th December ALL DAYER 2PM -1AM

Venue is the restored 1920s, art deco ballroom with a fantastic main room (reputedly largest wooden sprung dance floor in England), balcony & upstairs rare soul room

Resident DJs PAT BRADY, TONY HATFIELD, JOHN PARKER , COLIN WOOD, ANDY BELLWOOD, MARTYN BYRD & DALE BYERS

SPECIAL GUEST DJs Maria Willingham & Guest, Phil Shields, Neil Rushton, Rob Wicks, Bri & Dave Pinch, Jo Wallace & Paul Thomas- Peter, Trev Thomas, Steve Wilson, Jeff Kidd & Andy Carling, the Attic Boys.

FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/

Checkout the updates on soul-source

Social source share

Guest Leonardo

It's been played at the Friendship Soul Sessions by Ian 'Geordie' Johnson for a couple of years.

Took me 18 months to find one for sale....in New Zealand.

Good hunting.

Social source share

It's been played at the Friendship Soul Sessions by Ian 'Geordie' Johnson for a couple of years.

Took me 18 months to find one for sale....in New Zealand.

Good hunting.

Been playing this every night ive djayed since its release day,in 2005... no-one at the time but me liked it!!!! had 5 copies wished id bought more :thumbsup: .

Pleased its taken off now, i'm currently trying to secure copies for 5 people at the moment and its been virtually impossible to pin any down.

Good hunting

Geeoooooooordie

Edited by geordiejohnson
Social source share

Been playing this every night ive djayed since its release day,in 2005... no-one at the time but me liked it!!!! had 5 copies wished id bought more :thumbsup: .

Thats an interesting theory but I suspect it was being played quite widely immediately as new release in the wider soul scene, which is where I picked it up, as it sold out pretty quickly. It was certainly hammered at one of the weekenders soon after release I suspect by Mr Randle who is generally ahead of the game in stuff like this.

It is on a CD also that I suspect is readily available but I assume not what people are after.

Depending on how deep the pockets are getting on this now, I may have another look and see if I can find any of the 2 copies I bought and keep the CD. Should I be planning on a warm holiday somewhere..... :yes::)

Social source share

Thats an interesting theory but I suspect it was being played quite widely immediately as new release in the wider soul scene, which is where I picked it up, as it sold out pretty quickly. It was certainly hammered at one of the weekenders soon after release I suspect by Mr Randle who is generally ahead of the game in stuff like this.

It is on a CD also that I suspect is readily available but I assume not what people are after.

Depending on how deep the pockets are getting on this now , I may have another look and see if I can find any of the 2 copies I bought and keep the CD. Should I be planning on a warm holiday somewhere..... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Naughty,naughty Jockobiggrin.gif .Surely you're not joining the "demand" set?laugh.gif .

My old copy now resides oop North owned by a man of sartorial elegance(not Trevskino.gif ).Don't think your warm holiday will materialise - maybe you'll be able to turn the heating up for a week,what with Gas priceslaugh.gif .....Kev.

Social source share

Depending on how deep the pockets are getting on this now, I may have another look and see if I can find any of the 2 copies I bought and keep the CD. Should I be planning on a warm holiday somewhere..... :D :D

What do you mean THEORY were you at the friendship back in 2005????...Oh I see is this a "Geordies an unknown so he couldnt possibly have played this first" so lets knock him

I ACTUALLY DID play it on the day of release... but what does that matter who played what, when and whos ahead of the game? thats all pretencious bullshit. :P

All i was saying it has been a constant play of mine since then, I didnt say i was the first to play it, nor claimed to discover it i actually got the tip on the record from Gary at Crazybeat and took 5 copies off him,

At the time Mark Whiteley put a thread on here with a sound bite and asked if anyone liked it or had heard it... guess what.. most, apart from Mick Wad (who had heard it at the friendship and promptly bought one) said NO & it was crap!!!!!! how times change.

But it wasnt played on the soul scene that wideley, but it was played on the jazz scene in abundance.

Your reply would be valid if it wasnt Vauge and full of "I suspects"

BTW i suspect it was first played on the Italian soulscene as it was first released for that market on CD...but then i suspect someone might have vinyl carved it off the cd and played it at a venue somewhere..

and I do Suspect ive been the most consistant player of the track over the last 4 years :thumbsup:

geeoooooooordie

Social source share

What do you mean THEORY were you at the friendship back in 2005????...Oh I see is this a "Geordies an unknown so he couldnt possibly have played this first" so lets knock him

I ACTUALLY DID play it on the day of release... but what does that matter who played what, when and whos ahead of the game? thats all pretencious bullshit. :P

All i was saying it has been a constant play of mine since then, I didnt say i was the first to play it, nor claimed to discover it i actually got the tip on the record from Gary at Crazybeat and took 5 copies off him,

At the time Mark Whiteley put a thread on here with a sound bite and asked if anyone liked it or had heard it... guess what.. most, apart from Mick Wad (who had heard it at the friendship and promptly bought one) said NO & it was crap!!!!!! how times change.

But it wasnt played on the soul scene that wideley, but it was played on the jazz scene in abundance.

BTW i suspect it was first played on the Italian soulscene as it was first released for that market on CD...but then i suspect someone might have vinyl carved it off the cd and played it at a venue somewhere..

and I do Suspect ive been the most consistant player of the track over the last 4 years :thumbsup:

geeoooooooordie

Jeezuz christ, and people say my ego gets in the way, okay from the beginning.

I wasn't saying anything about you playing it or not, that would be conjecture on my part, and hardly likely for me to passing by a Barnsley pub by chance the night you played it. I was commenting on the no-one liking it or buying until now, which I KNOW isn't true. I was just trying to add a little other perspective to your conjecture, although this reminds why I rarely bother now.

What I was triyng to saying was that I KNOW there is a whole wider soul scene out there that isn't either Northern based or even Soul Source based where they play jazz, soul, house and generally anything new in the world of Black music, which amazingly a few people on here frequent, and a scene that doesn't give a flying fuck what any part of the Northern scene thinks.

I was saying that I KNOW this track was being played on this scene independant of any backroom in a pub in the backwater that is Yorkshire*** where people were buying it. Thats all, well done for playing it solid for 4 years, and well done for making it the Frank Wilson of the Yorkshire "soul" scene***,

As the other suspects I KNOW its on CD as I have it, I suspect its on 2 CD's but I dont know that for definite. I suspect that it is more likely to be played on the British new release soul scene before any Italian scene as thats generally the way, but I suspect that is of little interest to anyone. I strongly suspect it came out on vinyl before CD as generally thats the way the Italian labels work, I nearly know this as I buy most of this, as do lots of people out there, as a new release.

I suspect I am overreacting but I KNOW I am bored shitless of people on here not actually able to debate anything like this without throwing a wobbly, maybe a bit poacher turned gamekeeper, but hey a man can change. It would be nice for people just to accept some people actually have a different perspective.

*** I suspect you won#t get these as irony as I am an even bigger unknown in the world than you, however I like unknowns so maybe we should form a group,

I promise not to comment next time

Anyway, just to prove I can waffle as much as you, my last thought is I suspect I have 2 vinyl copies on the shelf, as I bought an extra by mistake, how about you sell them for a fortune, we split the profits and then you get just reward for our hard work.

I'm off, Mulled Gin and Reindeer pie calls,

Social source share

I ACTUALLY DID play it on the day of release... but what does that matter who played what, when and whos ahead of the game? thats all pretencious bullshit. tongue.gif

and I do Suspect ive been the most consistant player of the track over the last 4 years whistling.gif

geeoooooooordie

Lets get this straight Geordie has been constantly playing this since it's release in 2005 and only in recent times have other DJ's picked up on it. Whether or not Geordie played it first is irrelevant because if it hadn't been for him constantly playing it, it could well have dissappeared without trace.

Mick W

Social source share

Jocko your a man after my own heart

I wasn't touchy i actually was laughing while i typed...i like the idea of the unknowns grouping together,

mind you i do go on a bit....Im sure you'll like the Barnsly backwater its not as bad as

it sounds.

Sorry to Mr Plumb for hijacking his thread.

If anyone has a copy please get in touch with Steve

Geeoooordie

Social source share