Richard Paradise Album - Was Lost In The Post

Steve Plumb

Hi All

It looks like I may have recently lost a record from the US for the first time in a very long time!

Sod's Law says that it's happened with a rare one as it's the LP by Richard Paradise (featuring 'Let me stay')

I bought it from a reputable dealer and it's now 6 weeks since he sent it. I know there was the postal strike at the time so it is possible it may still turn up? (fingers crossed)

I know it's a long shot but I would ask folks to keep their eyes open for me? If you see one for sale or if anyone gets offered one in the near future (or in the last few weeks even!) please contact me by PM?

I'm NOT saying that if you see one or you get offered one it will be my copy but like I said it's a long shot and worth mentioning on here methinks?

For the record the one that went on eBay in October went to a collector in Georgia, USA!

Cheers

Steve

ps No smart arse 'Paradise Lost' quips either boxing.gif

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i wouldnt give up hope yet steve, six weeks is nothing, 2 years ago i bought a couple of albums from two different us dealers, one in detroit, one in memphis in june, after a couple of months i'd written them off, the following february theres a knock at the door & the postman thrust two parcels in my hand, it was the two albums, i made a couple of calls to the post office, but they couldnt shed any light on where they had been for 8 months, i do know that sometimes airmail can get mixed in with surface mail which can take a couple of months to arrive, but 8 months

Social source share

Steve....there is every chance it`ll still turn up mate. More than likely Customs have it.....About 4 years ago I was waiting for a rare number to arrive from the states it was almost 2 months before it surfaced....customs stamps all over it!!!!. They dont inform you that they have it, it`ll just turn up one morning in the post without explanation.

Hope it arrives soon for you, I know I was frantic till my 45 turned up, as was the seller.

Andy

Social source share

As you say Steve always happen when it's a disc you really want. How are you young man and hows business ?.

Dave

Thanks for the replies fellas - I've just about everything crossed and hoping it turns up (eventually!) - It wouldn't be so bad if it was summat for resale but it's for me!

Mr T I'm fine mate and hope you are too! Looking forward to seeing you and the missus soon!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Thanks for the replies fellas - I've just about everything crossed and hoping it turns up (eventually!) - It wouldn't be so bad if it was summat for resale but it's for me!

Mr T I'm fine mate and hope you are too! Looking forward to seeing you and the missus soon!

Cheers

Steve

Gonna be up for 'Taste Of Honey' you going ?

Social source share

I'll keep my eyes open for you mate , bought an album for three figures from a reputable dealer in Japan , last month , it went to a guy in Sweden by mistake !!!!

Thankfully the swedeish was honest and let us both know as the Japanese guy had lost details of the transaction by mistake , it restored my faith in fellow humans that one !!

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

It's now over 9 weeks since the LP was sent, so not looking good :sad:

I know it's a long shot but I would still ask folks to keep their eyes open for me? If you see one for sale or if anyone gets offered one in the near future (or in the last few weeks even!) please contact me by PM?

I'm NOT saying that if you see one or you get offered one it will be my copy but like I said it's a long shot and worth mentioning on here methinks?

For the record the one that went on eBay in October went to a collector in Georgia, USA!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Shame it took so long, its a bit played out now Steve ? Andy Whitmore spun tracks off the Lp sometime in the 90's thumbsup.gif

Andy always was ahead of his time - he's a top man with a great ear for a tune that's for sure thumbsup.gif

btw You should have told Steve G this before he covered it up recently, you could have saved him some embarrassment wicked.gifwink.gif

Just glad it's turned up that's all, regardless of who spun it when whistling.gif

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Andy always was ahead of his time - he's a top man with a great ear for a tune that's for sure thumbsup.gif

btw You should have told Steve G this before he covered it up recently, you could have saved him some embarrassment wicked.gifwink.gif

Just glad it's turned up that's all, regardless of who spun it when whistling.gif

Cheers

Steve

Yeah I saw Andy in Gothenburg a few years ago and he mentioned it was coverd up :thumbsup: Glad you got it Steve good.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!