Dave Thorley

Alcon Shades Any Info Anyone

Hi All

Anyone got any more info on The Alcon Shades other than the little snippet on the Kent/Blue Rock CD

Where from, line up, producer, any other releases etc.

Thanks

Dave

they are from cleveland and produced by carl maduri. George G was also asking earlier. I don't know if he did, but you could try contacting Carl about it via is website: http://herorecordsllc.com/contactUs.html. Let me know what you find out.

just bought this 45, all is forgiven that is..

Conducted by Bobby Hill, Carlam music, Produced by Magic Productions who ever they are... Written by Davis-frierson

Any Help?

M

frierson might be lenny frierson who recorded on starbound on cincinnatti

the song "Midnight Light" was also recorded by Charles Davenport, from the Akron area. I'm guessing this group was also from there. The backing band on the CD record was a rock band called the Zoo, and I'm wager they or another band, Hobson's Choice, were the band on this record as well. Mercury (as did Capitol and WB) had pipelines into greater Cleveland. I haven't had time to run down the particulars. Carl Maduri is living in Florida. He ran the Sunburst label with the Monclairs and Marlene and the Debanettes.

- George

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.