Amlwch All Nighter

ROCKS

A MASSIVE THANKS TO STEVE AND LYD FOR A REAL PRE- CHRISTMAS CRACKER OF A NITE AT AMLWCH, THEY MUST HAVE PUT IN SO MUCH WORK FOR THIS AND IT DEFO. DID NOT DISAPPOINT.:thumbsup: FROM THE TIME WE ARRIVED 10pm. 'TILL THE TIME WE LEFT 4:30 isssh. THE MUSIC, ATMOSPHERE AND COMPANY WERE 2nd. TO NONE. I BET THERE AIN'T BEEN ANY ITALIANS IN AMLWCH STEVE SINCE THEY BUILT ALL OUR ROADS ALL THOSE YEARS AGO. LET'S HOPE THEY GOT BACK TO ROME SAFELY WITH TALES OF STRANGE DRUIDS PUTTING CEREMONIAL TALC ON THE FLOOR AND MOVING TO A POUNDING BEAT.

WHAT A WONDERFUL VARIETY OF TOONES PLAYED, OUR CELTIC COUSINS FROM ACROSS THE WATERS DID THEMSELVES PROUD AND CERTAINLY KNEW HOW TO GET PEEPS UP AND DANCING AND FOR THIS MANDY AND I THANK THEM::D

SORRY WE ONLY LASTED 'TIL 4:30 STEVE BUT THE SHINE HAD GONE FROM OUR SHOES BY THEN::thumbup:

TAKE CARE & SPEAK SOON,

PAUL n MANDY xxx

• Replies 19
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Superb night in a very atmospheric venue.

Absolutely shattered today but it was worth the pain!

It was an absolute pleasure to play to such an appreciative crowd.

A big thank you to Steve for looking after us so well and of course for the opportunity to spin my beloved groove biscuits.

A special thank you to Tom for getting us to and from the venue safe and sound (and for putting up with all our shite talk :)).

We'll be back!!!!!

WAS A GREAT NIGHT ENJOYED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT AND CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONEthumbup.gif

CHEERS EVERY BODY FOR MAKING IT SUCH A GREAT NITE

THANKS TO ALL THE DJ`S STAFF UN THE LADS ON THE DOOR TO....GREAT TO SEE THE IRISH GANG OVER AND PLAYING SOME FANTASTIC TUNES !! GREAT TO MEET THE 4 ITALIANS WHO TRAVELLED OVER AS WELL AS FOLK FROM BRISTOL , SOUTH WALES,RUGBY , MANCHESTER.LIVERPOOL,WIGAN SHEFEILD TO!! AND THE NORTH WALES LOT TO

HOPE TO SEE SOME PLAY LIST TOO??

STEVE T

Guest andrew bin

thanks and well done Steve for another great night, shame we had to leave early (due to an important appointment in Brum on Sunday)sad.gif we made sure we arrived early especially to listen to Richard and Chico who didn't disappoint they were both on top form just like the last time we were there,thumbup.gif good to see the place busy and by they looks of the dance floor every one else was enjoying the music, top night well worth the journey roll on the next one

just one very small complaint, Shut the door! us Southerners can't handle the coldwink.gif

Guest irishpip

Had a great night on saturday. Top venue, friendly people and a universally high standard of music right through the night.

A big thank you to Steve, Jimbo and Gags for giving the Irish jocks a chance to spin a few tunes, and a massive thanks to Steve and Lydia for looking after us so well before and after the event.

Think this most of what I played on saturday

Lu Parks Singers - Happy Music - ambassador

Prince Ella and Sidney Jones - Baby I Got To Cut You Loose - Prince

Garnett Mimms - Roll With The Punches - United Artists

Curly Moore - You Don't Mean - Sansu

J.J. Barnes - Chains Of Love - Groovesville

Fabulous Playboys - Honkey Tonk Woman - Apollo

Ad Libs - Johnny My Boy - Blue Cat

Darrow Fletcher - Pain Gets A Little Deeper - Groovy

Belles - Don't Pretend - Mirwood

Viola Wills - I Got Love - Bronco

Jimmy Ruffin - Gonna Give Her All The Love I got - Soul

Patrice Holloway - Stay With Your Own Kind - Capitol

J D Martin - By Yourself - Tower

Joe Simon - Long Hot Summer - Sound Stage Seven

Bobbettes - Happy Go Lucky Me - RCA

Arter Set - Sermon - Musicland USA

I heard a lot of unfamiliar tunes on saturday, so am looking forward to seeing a few more playlists thumbup.gif

Excellent night! Great friendly crowd. Terrific soul 45's spun right through the night.. well worth the trip from Cork..

My spot was at 4.45am and was delighted by the number of people willing to get on the floor at that hour, really enjoyed it..

Thanks to Tom for driving us to and from the venue, much appreciated, and to Steve and Lydia, and everyone else who went out of their way to make sure we felt welcome..

Martin.

Usual good night with the MONSTER, great spots from all the DJ's as usual, great to see and hear our Irish friends from across the water and it was a nice suprise to find the four Italians who came along to experience the tardis. As usual something for everyone and some and Joan got the biscuits as well in the raffle, what more can one ask for, great night Steve, roll on the next one.

My Playlist in no order:

Billy Arnell - Stop The World (C/U)

Latin Dimension - Hurt So Bad (Columbia)

Alpacas - Somethimes I love You (Double Take)

Joe Jamma - I Can't Seem To Find (C/U)

Cheques - Deeper (Heatwave)

Startones - Loving You Baby (Billie Fran)

Margaret Little - Love Finds A Way (Genebro)

Magnetics - Lady In Green (Bonnie)

Cashmeres - Showstopper (Hem)

Shirley Edwards - Dream My Heart (Shrine)

Prophets - One Gold Piece (Shrine)

George Pep - Crying Over You (C/U)

Imperial C's - Someone Tell Her (Phil-L.A of Soul)

Ivories - Please Stay (Wand)

Phil Perry - I Came Up Singing (C/U)

Servicemen - Sweet Magic (Chartmaker)

Bobby Kline - Say Something Nice To Me (MB)

Horace Williams - I'm Going Christmas Shopping (Magic City)

Edited by funkyfeet
Guest bobwartcock

HI STEVE,FIRST OF ALL A BIG THANKYOU FOR LETTING ME HELP YOU WITH THE FAMOUS RAFFLE AND OH BOY WHAT A GREAT VENUE,GREAT MUSIC,GREAT PEOPLE AND LIKE MY MATE STEVE SAID CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE...thumbup.gif

HI STEVE,FIRST OF ALL A BIG THANKYOU FOR LETTING ME HELP YOU WITH THE FAMOUS RAFFLE AND OH BOY WHAT A GREAT VENUE,GREAT MUSIC,GREAT PEOPLE AND LIKE MY MATE STEVE SAID CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE...:thumbup:

HI BOB ....ON BEHALF OF THE COMMETTE, AT AMLWCH SPORTS UN SOCIAL CLUB , WE LIKE TO SAY WHAT A SPLENDED JOB YOU MADE OF THE RAFFLE , SO MUCH SO YOU HAVE A PERMENENT JOB DOING THE RAFFLE !! YOU ARE NOW KNOWN AS" BOB THE RAFFLE " IN THE VALLEYS

BEST STEVE T :ohmy:whistling

Had a great night on saturday. Top venue, friendly people and a universally high standard of music right through the night.

A big thank you to Steve, Jimbo and Gags for giving the Irish jocks a chance to spin a few tunes, and a massive thanks to Steve and Lydia for looking after us so well before and after the event.

Think this most of what I played on saturday

Prince Ella and Sidney Jones - Baby I Got To Cut You Loose - Prince

Garnett Mimms - Roll With The Punches - United Artists

Curly Moore - You Don't Mean - Sansu

J.J. Barnes - Chains Of Love - Groovesville

Fabulous Playboys - Honkey Tonk Woman - Apollo

Ad Libs - Johnny My Boy - Blue Cat

Darrow Fletcher - Pain Gets A Little Deeper - Groovy

Belles - Don't Pretend - Mirwood

Viola Wills - I Got Love - Bronco

Jimmy Ruffin - Gonna Give Her All The Love I got - Soul

Patrice Holloway - Stay With Your Own Kind - Capitol

J D Martin - By Yourself - Tower

Joe Simon - Long Hot Summer - Sound Stage Seven

Bobbettes - Happy Go Lucky Me - RCA

Arter Set - Sermon - Musicland USA

I heard a lot of unfamiliar tunes on saturday, so am looking forward to seeing a few more playlists :thumbup:

HI PIP THIS WAS REALLY GOOD AND A NEW ONE TO ME

TA STEVE

Superb night in a very atmospheric venue.

Absolutely shattered today but it was worth the pain!

It was an absolute pleasure to play to such an appreciative crowd.

A big thank you to Steve for looking after us so well and of course for the opportunity to spin my beloved groove biscuits.

A special thank you to Tom for getting us to and from the venue safe and sound (and for putting up with all our shite talk laugh.gif).

We'll be back!!!!!

HI PAUL REALLY ENJOYED YOUR SPOT UN YOU PUT THE RECORDS TOGETHER REALLY WELL ANY CHANCE OF A PLAY LIST

THANKS STEVE T :thumbsup: