Sleeps45

Warped Records ?

hello everyone..I need some advice here..any tips on properly storing your 45's ?? been noticing alot of storage warpage..as far as I know I been doing a good job at caring and storing my beloved soul 45's..I keep them "out of the heat"in the white cardboard boxes made for storing 45's 8-3/4" W x 9" H x 16-3/4" L .....

http://www.the2buds.com/suboxr45.htm

am I doing something wrong ?? do all records slightly warp over time??is there a better way to store your vinyl ?? any help would be appreciated..thank you

I was always told they should be stored so they are in the vertical position. adding filler to make them perfectly vertical in a box or on a shelf.

I was always told they should be stored so they are in the vertical position. adding filler to make them perfectly vertical in a box or on a shelf.

Thanks..I use the carboard mailers as filler to keep it snug but not to snug..

Thanks..I use the carboard mailers as filler to keep it snug but not to snug..

Sound like you're doing everything right? I've never had one go bad on me.

Good to know though....I'll stay away from your set sales:lol:.........

.....jk.

-Cheers

Sound like you're doing everything right? I've never had one go bad on me.

Good to know though....I'll stay away from your set sales:lol:.........

.....jk.

-Cheers

I knew that was comingno.gif

I've been wondering about the same thing a few months ago, but in retrospect I think it was just due to me sitting down in front of the turntable instead of standing up. With the 45s spinning in eyesight the warps were more noticeable.

Didn't prevent me from freaking out and thinking the collection was slowly destroying itself though laugh.gif

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.