Soul Shoes..12Th Dec.....bishopstoke

i always look fwd to soul shoes and its even better when i get a call from the promoter to bring some tunes to play....

a dj mix up had left toddy a dj short so i was asked to fill in....i set off early and found i was outside the venue nearly

an hour before it opened...toddy and annie were put the finnishing touches to the venue and after helping move a few excess

chairs it was next door to the pub for a drink....there were already ppl in there waiting for the night to start.

although predominately an oldies venue there are always a few nice tunes to get an airing of a different vein....

thats the beauty of an early spot..

toddy started the night of and it wasnt long before dancers were on the floor and at around 9.15 keith barnes took over

and played some quality tunes..imvho keith is an underated dj with some serious tuneage...by now the place was starting to

fill up and although a few regulars had made the short trip down the rd to bournemouths railway club soul nite it didnt really

affect numbers....

toddy then did a 15 minute set and was followed behind the decks by chilly...a local favourite and co promoter of the crown soul nites

in southampton...he played a real across the board mix and the dancefloor loved it even though his newest tune almost cleared

the floor cept for one man that danced to everything throughout the night..chillys set was over in what seemed a flash and it

was now my turn....

being an xmas event i thought id get in as many requests as i could and give the floor what they wanted...a fair few mates had

made the trip down from ascot,addlestone and chessington and they got the tunes they wanted as i think did the rest of the

crowd as the dancefloor seemed to be full for the whole 45 mins i was on......6ts,rnb,7ts and some motown were the order of

the day..thanks for all the nice comments everyone

the venue has no bar and so its bring your own drink and theres usually lotsa food on the tables too and this certainly works

the sound system was spot on and was the best id ever heard it...gary and annie have a great following at this event and get

the support they deserve after yrs of hard work and patience...this event is bi monthly and gets my support if im not djing

elsewhere...

toddy ended the night with lotsa classics and everyone went home happy

• Replies 7
  • Views 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

GLAD THE NITE WENT WELL- WILL TRY TO MAKE THE NEXT ONE-  TOO MANY SOUL NITES TOO LITTLE TIME! ALL THE BEST AND KTF FROM MATT

i know what you mean matt....i could easily split myself in three some weekends

Guest Chris B

Hi All - Dave Mortimore and I were frustrated that we could not make Bishopstoke as we love the music and the dance floor, one of the best in the South.

We thought we ought to support our local event at Bournemouth Railway Club.

Glad to see that there was a good crowd in Moldies pics, with a lot of the regulars who we missed.

All the best to Toddy and Annie. I try to go to most of their events, even the Red Lion, Totton on a Friday.

Hope you all had a good time and will see you at the next one.

Hi All - Dave Mortimore and I were frustrated that we could not make Bishopstoke as we love the music and the dance floor, one of the best in the South.

We thought we ought to support our local event at Bournemouth Railway Club.

Glad to see that there was a good crowd in Moldies pics, with a lot of the regulars who we missed.

All the best to Toddy and Annie. I try to go to most of their events, even the Red Lion, Totton on a Friday.

Hope you all had a good time and will see you at the next one.

its not always possible to do every event......you dave and jan were missed i can tell you....look fwd to catching up soon

regards moldie