Leroy Jones Jr Anyone Know This Track Please?

Pete S

No point asking me what I think of this particular record, but I just wondered if anyone knew it as someone asked me if I wanted to sell it. It's a modern dancer (I say modern, it's the sort of thing that would have been played at Cleethorpes) and has a kind of isley brothers guitar sound.

LEROY JONES JR with FUSION BAND - I DON'T HAVE TO BEG MY BABY

There is no label named, which probably didn't help sales, number is U-64523

Other side is a nice sweet soul type ballad.

Anyone know it? Price?

Clip coming up

post-1893-12608138002536_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dave Turner

Googled it and only came up with below

https://www.midwest45...isFunkPage.html (scroll down) has this as an Illinois record but

this site has it as possibly Indiana

https://www.indiana45...ndiana45s_j.php

The Indiana site has a rarity rating of "5" but I can't find what scale they use so it's meaningless.

Plus there was a "want" for it on fryer-mantis

Apart from that zilch

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

like it pete pm me a wants list if you want to trade it mate- no price information on this as of yet lol-no information in book also -as we all probably know most of his recordings were on HIT!!

BAZ A

I think it's a different artist Baz, this guy is leroy Jones Jr and the recordings on hit must have been a decade earlier - and from texas weren't they?

Obviously this sort of record is not my cup of tea and I will happily let it go but I've made so many cock ups with this type of record that I really would like to find out what it's actually worth and sell it or swap it for that amount. Or offers, don't care.

Social source share

Googled it and only came up with below

https://www.midwest45...isFunkPage.html (scroll down) has this as an Illinois record but

this site has it as possibly Indiana

The Indiana site has a rarity rating of "5" but I can't find what scale they use so it's meaningless.

Plus there was a "want" for it on fryer-mantis

Apart from that zilch

Trouble is, nothing in the run off groove either apart from the record number...

Social source share

OH YES YOUR RIGHT THERE PETE RE JNR -SCOUT ABOUT MATE GET SORTED IN YOUR MIND THEN PM ME IF YOU WANT?

BAZ A

I think it's a different artist Baz, this guy is leroy Jones Jr and the recordings on hit must have been a decade earlier - and from texas weren't they?

Obviously this sort of record is not my cup of tea and I will happily let it go but I've made so many cock ups with this type of record that I really would like to find out what it's actually worth and sell it or swap it for that amount. Or offers, don't care.

Social source share

No point asking me what I think of this particular record, but I just wondered if anyone knew it as someone asked me if I wanted to sell it. It's a modern dancer (I say modern, it's the sort of thing that would have been played at Cleethorpes) and has a kind of isley brothers guitar sound.

Anyone know it? Price?

Clip coming up

The guy to ask is Jason Yoder ,he owns the indiana45s website and does all the discogs for local stuff outta Indiana

He is on here as indiana45s

Here is his website with the said record in alphabetical order(noticed Boba is credited with some of the research on the indiana site,s owatch this spacewicked.gif )

Also the funk boys over at Fryers know it

Edited by NEV
Social source share

The guy to ask is Jason Yoder ,he owns the indiana45s website and does all the discogs for local stuff outta Indiana

He is on here as indiana45s

Here is his website with the said record in alphabetical order(noticed Boba is credited with some of the research on the indiana site,s owatch this spacewicked.gif )

Also the funk boys over at Fryers know it

Do they know if it's worth anything though Nev?

Social source share

Do they know if it's worth anything though Nev?

Listed as a 5 outta 10 for rarity on the site but no prices?

Baz obviously likes it ,so get him to make a offer,he's honest with his sales on here,not a rip off,just like yourself.

Good luck

Social source share

(I say modern, it's the sort of thing that would have been played at Cleethorpes) and has a kind of isley brothers guitar sound.

Thanks for putting up the track, Pete, as with the other posters, I liked that; was a bit funky, especially in some circles, I'd guess, but, still, a nice track, and dancer...thumbup.gif

Social source share

Anyone know it? Price?

Clip coming up

I'm pretty sure this is Chicago and not Indiana. Pretty hard to find record, hard to find clean, I would say $100-$200 mint, but not well known.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!