Banbury Soul Club Soul Night 9Th Jan 2010

Banbury Soul Club moves into the New Year with our next Soul night on January 9th 2010 .We are proud to present as our very special guest this time around - Ady Pountain !! Ady has been a legendary figure on the Rare Soul Scene for years , as a resident DJ at the Yate and Stafford all nighters of the 80's , and currently at Boomarang in Thorne , Soul Fusion in Glos . and Lifeline in Wolverhampton , as well as a host of guest sets all over the UK , Europe and beyond ...Ady has personally been a huge influence on my Soul collecting tastes , we eagerly await his long awaited DJ choices .....The venue is at The LeRoyale club in Butchers Row in the centre of Banbury OX16 5JH .There is ample parking within a couple of minutes walk from the venue .The night runs from 8pm - 1am with a charge of £5 on the door .We now have a new heater in the room to warm up the venue during these colder months ....The resident DJ's on the night will be Charlie Mc , Tom Howard ,Steve Milson and Eddie Hubbard .If you need any further information call Charlie : 01295 255901 , Eddie : 01295 261796 , Steve : 01295 271604 or Tom: 01295 270809 .Music policy is a potent mix of Rare Soul , Crossover / 70's , interesting Motown , R& B forgotten oldies -in fact anything good and Soulful ......Our January event is usually really busy , we expect no difference this time around so please be early if possible ....See you at the go go ...Eddie Hubbard [ for Banbury Soul Club ] .

• Replies 67
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Banbury Soul Club moves into the New Year with our next Soul night on January 9th 2010 .We are proud to present as our very special guest this time around - Ady Pountain !! Ady has been a legendary figure on the Rare Soul Scene for years , as a resident DJ at the Yate and Stafford all nighters of the 80's , and currently at Boomarang in Thorne , Soul Fusion in Glos . and Lifeline in Wolverhampton , as well as a host of guest sets all over the UK , Europe and beyond ...Ady has personally been a huge influence on my Soul collecting tastes , we eagerly await his long awaited DJ choices .....The venue is at The LeRoyale club in Butchers Row in the centre of Banbury OX16 5JH .There is ample parking within a couple of minutes walk from the venue .The night runs from 8pm - 1am with a charge of £5 on the door .We now have a new heater in the room to warm up the venue during these colder months ....The resident DJ's on the night will be Charlie Mc , Tom Howard ,Steve Milson and Eddie Hubbard .If you need any further information call Charlie : 01295 255901 , Eddie : 01295 261796 , Steve : 01295 271604 or Tom: 01295 270809 .Music policy is a potent mix of Rare Soul , Crossover / 70's , interesting Motown , R& B forgotten oldies -in fact anything good and Soulful ......Our January event is usually really busy , we expect no difference this time around so please be early if possible ....See you at the go go ...Eddie Hubbard [ for Banbury Soul Club ] .

Really looking forward to this night, I've had my fill of christmas carols already, can't wait to get back to the northern soul,

Really looking forward to meeting Ady for the first time

So have a great christmas and new year

Steve

Guest Matt Male

We are pleased to announce that popular North West DJ Pat Bleasdale has now been added to the line up for our Jan 9th night .Look forward to her selections .....Best,Eddie

Absolutely fantastic, be good to see Pat again, and add more to my wants list i expect... laugh.gif

See you all there.thumbsup.gif

Yeah i'd better drive, i don't want to get too pi**ed like last time.

It was funny though :yes:. Will give you a call after xmas and work out the details etc, I'll drive if you want seeing as I don't drink makes sense.....but only if you promise not to throw burger all over the seats of my car :yes:

Hi Eddie, thanks for the invite and the ott introduction, anyone who confesses to being influenced by me is a brave man! I just play Soul Records. I always loved the old flyers that listed what is going to be played so get to Banbury on January 9th and hear:-

The Hesitations - Birth Song, Sir Joe - Nobody Beats My Love, Nate Adams - I'm Gonna Be Good, Ann Hodge - Nothing But The Truth, Barbara Carr - My Momma Told Me, Harold Burrage - I'm In Love.....and all the usual Sounds!

Cheers, Ady

Hi Eddie, thanks for the invite and the ott introduction, anyone who confesses to being influenced by me is a brave man! I just play Soul Records. I always loved the old flyers that listed what is going to be played so get to Banbury on January 9th and hear:-

The Hesitations - Birth Song, Sir Joe - Nobody Beats My Love, Nate Adams - I'm Gonna Be Good, Ann Hodge - Nothing But The Truth, Barbara Carr - My Momma Told Me, Harold Burrage - I'm In Love.....and all the usual Sounds!

Cheers, Ady

Great stuff Ady - not at all mate , you've always had great taste in all things soulful , we're really looking forward to your selections so thanks for whetting our appetites with a few titles .Best ,Eddie

It will be my first trip out in the New Year , can't think of a better way to start it ....

Look forward to seeing you Banbury lot, especially after our interrupted visit to Luton.

Wear your Penguin with pride ..

See Y/all Soon

Richie

Yes,,See you there boys

Richie's new year resolution is to be on time when we come to pick him up !!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahaha

First outing of the year for us and we know we will have a good one at Banbury.

Del.

for:-

Maz, Paul, Richie, and Del.

Oxford Soul Club

NEXT NORTHERN NIGHT IN OXFORD,,,,

SATURDAY, 13th. FEBUARY, 2010.

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Eddie,

As I've now moved from Doncaster to Swindon due to work commitments it'll be a bit easier to visit so I'll probably see you on the 09th.

I'll bring some Bridlington 2010 flyers with me if thats OK ?

All the best,

Dave

Guest Pandora

Happy New Year!

Looking forward to Banbury on 9th January and hope to catch up with friends. Should be a great night with the Guest DJ Ady Pountain and the added bonus of Pat Beasdale.

Pandora

Well folks, hope you all had a good new year. Mine started last night with a trip to The Attic Club, Mansfield. Most enjoyable night. Well, 9th January is our turn, Banbury Soul Club, to start off 2010. Very pleased to have secured our Guest DJ Ady Pountain for the night. A great dj to start off the new year for us. Also, added to our dj list, as you probably already know by reading the earlier threads, we have Pat Beasdale. She has a great 'ear' for a tune and a great collection. Of course, soulfully supported by the 'Banbury Crew' Eddie Hubbard, myself Charlie Mc, big Steve M and Tom H. We have been at Le Royale now a year, great club, with a great 60's/70's feel, backed up with a great sound system and a lovely warm atmosphere. Plenty of free parking in Banbury Market Place and surrounding car parks, the Club is just a two minute stroll away in Butchers Row.

A big thank you to everybody who has supported and of course all our guest dj's from the past.

Keep safe, keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

YouTube had to take the video down due to copyright complaints from Warner's.

I'm sure Ed can get another one up though.

And we didn't fall for it ..................wicked.gif

Can you get this up again as it's no longer available on this link?

Tried to tell Tabs and Charlie that I was staying in next weekend, don't think they fell for it tho...whistling.gif

Hi Ed,

Its not working for me.

All I get is as below.

The video is working again now - looks like I got a reprieve .........Best,Eddie

Be great to see you and Marie if you can make it. thumbup.gif

Can Bears get pig flu? unsure.giflaugh.gif

gonna try to make this so will see how me gammon flu improves and how the bank balance looks too shades.gif

post-5286-12625454417857_thumb.jpg

Guest Bearsy

Hi Ed,

Its not working for me.

All I get is as below.

Be great to see you and Marie if you can make it. thumbup.gif

Can Bears get pig flu? unsure.giflaugh.gif

its sort of pig flu but im hoping im cured laugh.gif

will defo try to make this as im on a mission to do as many venues i aint been to before this year and with the promoters and djs running this you kind of know its gonna be a half decent night wicked.gif and you will be there to buddy thumbup.gif

its sort of pig flu but im hoping im cured laugh.gifYou been using the oinkment

will defo try to make this as im on a mission to do as many venues i aint been to before this year and with the promoters and djs running this you kind of know its gonna be a half decent night wicked.gif and you will be there to buddy thumbup.gifThanks for the vote of confidence and I will be therethumbup.gif

Edited by Tabs

Here's another video I've done , with some old footage and pictures of the current venue :

Best ,Eddie

Hi Guys, Happy New Year from the Soulfusion Club.

Will be coming over with a car full to see you all on the 9th so it's party time!!!!

what a night it promises to be

best regards

Neil

I'm sure you'll be amazed when I tell you all, we are now in our SEVENTH year ! Our Jan do is always a packer with everyone up for a good time after their Xmas & New Years celebrations. Carrying on with our proven formula of music, all of us as enthusiastic as ever - bring it on this Sat. The venue, guest DJ lineup and the new heating system (yes, it will definitely be required this Sat !) go from strength to strength. Really looking forward to seeing you all ..........................

Cheers............ Tom.

Yes,,See you there boys

Richie's new year resolution is to be on time when we come to pick him up !!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahaha

First outing of the year for us and we know we will have a good one at Banbury.

Del.

for:-

Maz, Paul, Richie, and Del.

Oxford Soul Club

NEXT NORTHERN NIGHT IN OXFORD,,,,

SATURDAY, 13th. FEBUARY, 2010.

First of all, Happy new year to you all

We don't mind Richie being when you pick him up, as long as you are not late turning up for our do, which you never are coz your always the first people through the door, well between you and the Rugby girls,

Look forward to seeing you all again on saturday

all the best steve

Looking forward to Saturday :wicked:. See if I can burn off some of the Christmas treats that, as usual, I've over indulged in!

I'm sure Ady will play a quality set as he always does. For those that don't know or haven't yet heard Pat Bleasdale DJ then you're in for a treat :yes:. As well as being one of the nicest people you could hope to meet she is a superb DJ.....first time I heard her do a set was at Move On when she guested for us after being recommended by Killa. A small group of us were stood chatting and the general conversation went 'What's this, anyone know this?'......followed by 'Not a clue, but it's bloody brilliant!'

Totally agree Adam.

Pat is a lovely modest lady with some superb sounds. yes.gif

I know it took Charlie all of 10 seconds to invite her to Banbury when she finished her spot at Move On.

This is going to be a quality night. thumbup.gif

I'm sure Ady will play a quality set as he always does. For those that don't know or haven't yet heard Pat Bleasdale DJ then you're in for a treat yes.gif. As well as being one of the nicest people you could hope to meet she is a superb DJ.....first time I heard her do a set was at Move On when she guested for us after being recommended by Killa. A small group of us were stood chatting and the general conversation went 'What's this, anyone know this?'......followed by 'Not a clue, but it's bloody brilliant!'

HOPE YOU FOLKS DONT MIND ME WRITING ON YOUR THRED BUT I JUST HAD TO SAY .........YES YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT WITH OUR MATE PAT' SHE HAS PLAYED ME SOME OF THE TUNES OVER THE PHONE THAT YOUR GOING TO GET ON SATERDAY AND I KNOW YOUR NOT GOING TO BE DISAPOINTED . PAT HAS BEEN OFF THE SCENE FOR NEARLY A YEAR BUT IS BACK WITH SOME MEAN TUNES . ANYWAY IF IT WASANT SO FAR TO TRAVEL AND I DIDNT HAVE OTHER COMITMENTS I WOULD BE OVER TO SUPORT PAT ..........HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD NIGHT

ATB wigan paul

HOPE YOU FOLKS DONT MIND ME WRITING ON YOUR THRED BUT I JUST HAD TO SAY .........YES YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT WITH OUR MATE PAT' SHE HAS PLAYED ME SOME OF THE TUNES OVER THE PHONE THAT YOUR GOING TO GET ON SATERDAY AND I KNOW YOUR NOT GOING TO BE DISAPOINTED . PAT HAS BEEN OFF THE SCENE FOR NEARLY A YEAR BUT IS BACK WITH SOME MEAN TUNES . ANYWAY IF IT WASANT SO FAR TO TRAVEL AND I DIDNT HAVE OTHER COMITMENTS I WOULD BE OVER TO SUPORT PAT ..........HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD NIGHT

ATB wigan paul

Thanks for contributing to the thread Paul , we are really looking forward to our guests playlists , looks like being a bumper night .Many thanks ,Eddie

And i will be in attendance as usual :0) ,always nice to kick the New Year into gear at a favourite venue, see you all on the night.

Ralph

Always nice to see you Ralph, I don't think you've missed many of our nites, if any, and thanks for the $4,000 or was it $5,000

anyway see you saturday

Steve

Edited by steve

Hi Guys, Happy New Year from the Soulfusion Club.

Will be coming over with a car full to see you all on the 9th so it's party time!!!!

what a night it promises to be

best regards

Neil

thumbup.gifHAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AT SOULFUSION NEIL, WILL BE GREAT TO SEE YOU ALL ON SATURDAY ,