Ebay Free Post

Donkit

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Seem strange that Ebay have imposed a "Free Postage" rule for UK sellers but it's ok for US seller to charge what they like or have I miss-read it ?.

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...2ea9ce217e#shId

Don

Hi Don

I see what you mean, whether or not someone mis-keyed the amount,

I would have thought that ebay had a rule regarding such.

Plus no free post.

postage1.jpg

postage2.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

If you list your item and choose "Heavy & bulky items" in the domestic postage drop down you can then charge for your shipping, as long as its reasonable I cant see how anyone can complain.

:wink:

Social source share

It's true I'm afraid. Only been rolled out in the UK so far, I'm guessing they are testing the legality of it here, before daring to try it in the US. It's caused a massive stir though, as UK Trading Standards are saying it is probably illegal on 2 levels. The reason for doing it, is because the sellers will incorporate the P&P into their starting prices for the item, thus Ebay will make a lot more money, since they take a percentage of the selling price.

However, they are probably breaking the law, since "free postage" isn't therefore true, it should in reality be "inclusive of postage". Also, it appears it is also illegal to take a percentage of shipping costs too. TS are thought to be preparing a test case, and the BBC "Watchdog" program will be featuring this in the new series.

An unbelievably greedy move from a company that already takes far too much (along with their Paypal bedfellows) from their "customers".

For more info, look at the thread on the EBay.UK site. it's by far the longest thread ever (surprised they haven't censored this yet);

https://forums.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa?threadID=1200299216&tstart=0&mod=1260887578354

You may need to sign in to view

Social source share

If you list your item and choose "Heavy & bulky items" in the domestic postage drop down you can then charge for your shipping, as long as its reasonable I cant see how anyone can complain.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip thumbsup.gif

Will use this method in future sales.

Don

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!