How Many Original Frank Wilsons Are There?

Guest soulpeeper

Guest soulpeeper

EVERY PERSON ON THE SCENE YOU SPEAK TO SEEMS TO COME UP WITH A DIFFERENT NUMBER WHEN THE TOPIC IS DISCUSSED.. I WAS SPEAKING TO A GOOD SOUL BOY TONIGHT WHO SAID THERE WAS HALF A DOZEN OR SO.. I THOUGHT THERE WAS ONE.. OR WAS IT TWO? SEE! IM AT IT NOW! SEEMS A BIT STRANGE AND CONFUSING TO ME.

Social source share

• Replies 50
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

EVERY PERSON ON THE SCENE YOU SPEAK TO SEEMS TO COME UP WITH A DIFFERENT NUMBER WHEN THE TOPIC IS DISCUSSED.. I WAS SPEAKING TO A GOOD SOUL BOY TONIGHT WHO SAID THERE WAS HALF A DOZEN OR SO.. I THOUGHT THERE WAS ONE.. OR WAS IT TWO? SEE! IM AT IT NOW! SEEMS A BIT STRANGE AND CONFUSING TO ME.

Theres a complete topic about FW on here,put FW in the search engine,and

you should find some interesting reading about this 45 :thumbup:

Dave f..........

Social source share

Guest soulpeeper

Theres a complete topic about FW on here,put FW in the search engine,and

you should find some interesting reading about this 45 thumbsup.gif

Dave f..........

Nice one

Social source share

Not the F ( W ) word : you have done it now .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

There's one and he lives in L A

Social source share

Two or three peeper. Tim Brown's copy, the one Kenny Burrell sold recently and supposedly one in the Motown museum, though there's no real evidence of that.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I'm Frank Wilson

I'm Frank Wilson

I'm Frank Wilson

I'm Frank Wilson

Latin ---------- Spart (Frank) Acus (Wilson)

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Anybody know who bought the JM auction one?(just curious)

Social source share

I'm Frank Wilson

I'm Frank Wilson

I'm Frank Wilson

I'm Frank Wilson

Latin ---------- Spart (Frank) Acus (Wilson)

Does this mean there is a restored bathing scene remix ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Second one down, anyone else see a bit of a resemblance to the late Dave Godin ?

Third one down is definitely Albert Einstein

Couldn't make my mind up about third one down. I thought it was either Jimmy Greaves or Shadrack Dingle but wrong again.

It's deffo Frank Wilson

Social source share

Time for a seasonal "Oh no there aren't!"

Here are a few more bona fide Frank Wilsons:

Frank-Wilson.jpg

pt_frankwilson_narrowweb__200x248.jpg

FrankWilsonJanuary2009002jpg.jpg

frank%20wilson.jpg

1stLT-Frank-Wilson.gif

Third one down is NIGE BROWN ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

quote name='Malc Burton' date='15 December 2009 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1260896831' post='1216498']

Third one down is NIGE BROWN ......

Malc Burton

NO, THIS IS NIGE !!! whistling.gif

post-8086-12608980996574.jpg

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

RUSS WINSTANLEY must have one, cos he always plays it out and as we know, being the original Mr Wigan, he has an original vinyl only policy!:laugh:

True words spoken in jest perhaps.

Social source share

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

kenny Burrell played an alternate take of Do I Love you on Soulful Allsorts on Saturday

SPOKE TO KENNY ABOUT THIS AT LUTON IN JUNE JUST AFTER THE AUCTION OF HIS COPY.ITS A MOTOWN ACYTATE AND

HAS THE ONE,TWO,THREE,HERE I AM ETC INTRO AND I BELIEVE THE ONLY COPY.

Social source share

SPOKE TO KENNY ABOUT THIS AT LUTON IN JUNE JUST AFTER THE AUCTION OF HIS COPY.ITS A MOTOWN ACYTATE AND

Just like to add that the above is not correct. There is an original Jobete ( I think ) acetate with 2/3 alternate takes including 1/2/3 intro, extra instrumentation, extra verses and an instrumental. Not actually seen it for a couple of years, but it does exist. It has got the handwritten notes on the quality control remarks. I think they include words from Berry Gordy as well. Nice item.

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Love this photo taken at the Ritz around 2000 of my old mate Andy from Newquay with one of the Frank W 45s.

post-5890-12611339105249_thumb.jpg

post-5890-12611339254761_thumb.jpg

post-5890-12611339105249_thumb.jpg

post-5890-12611339254761_thumb.jpg

Edited by soulmaguk
Social source share

Just like to add that the above is not correct. There is an original Jobete ( I think ) acetate with 2/3 alternate takes including 1/2/3 intro, extra instrumentation, extra verses and an instrumental. Not actually seen it for a couple of years, but it does exist. It has got the handwritten notes on the quality control remarks. I think they include words from Berry Gordy as well. Nice item.

A very knowledgable Motown expert/collector (I forgot his name) once said that there are definitely more acetates of FW around than actual issue copies.

I wonder how many Northern records could claim that there are more acetates in existence than pressed vinyl/styrene copies?

Edited by Benji
Social source share

A very knowledgable Motown expert/collector (I forgot his name) once said that there are definitely more acetates of FW around than actual issue copies.

I wonder how many Northern records could claim that there are more acetates in existence than pressed vinyl/styrene copies.

Chris King has numerous acetates of FW takes including the only original instrumental version.

Ian.

Social source share

Guest souldjer 1

Love this photo taken at Stoke around 2000 of my old mate Andy from Newquay with one of the Frank W 45s.

GREAT TO SEE ANDY AGAIN.LONG TIME SINCE LAST 100CLUB WITH YOU N YA BRO JAMIE AND PAT FROM SCARB.

GOOD WEEKEND AT STEVE N MICS HOUSE IN LONDINIUM MATE

SEE YA SATURDAY AT WESTON SUPER MARE.

DEANO

Social source share

Guest Brett F

there is as many as you want..........................why put this post up, go use the search engine..jesus moderators what about doing your job and getting rid of this crap

Social source share

You'll probably find it's in refosoul too :thumbsup: or at least a studio take!

I've seen Reg Bartlett posting lately, was there definitely one in the collection he sold?

Edited by chalky
Social source share

ame='TMG 544' date='18 December 2009 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1261144883' post='1218506']

i think you'll find that chris made these himself, quite easy to do when you've got a studio & cutting lathe in the garage

no i don't think so mate, Chris got these from the US a long time ago, they look older then santa :laugh:

Social source share

LEAD TO BELIEVE ALWAYS ONLY TWO COPY'S OF F.W.- BUT A COPY WAS HELD BY A DEALER WITH OTHER BIG TITLE ITEMS QUITE A FEW YEARS AGO OFTEN BROUGHT GREAT TITLES CHEAP WONDERED WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM TRADED UNDER BLACK KNIGHT RECORDS WAS THIS WHERE TIMS COPY CAME FROM ? TOLD HE BROUGHT OUT BLACKKNIGHT OR IS THERE THREE NEVER FOUND OUT IF THIS WAS HIS COPY

ANY ONE NO

Social source share

why!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!