A Quiet Sunday Afternoon In Manchester

spike1

700 people aged between 18 and70 at THE TWISTED WHEEL Manchester

sixties soul at it's best

what a fantastic atmostphere

numbers don't lie

this club will never die

just keep telling us that the music poliicy is crap

how some other venues would love to get a quarter of the people through the door on a Saturday night do

spike no conection to the wheel I just gon enjoy

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

numbers don't lie

this club will never die

how some other venues would love to get a quarter of the people through the door on a Saturday night do

Ditto... Ditto... Ditto...

Awesome Afternoon (3pm - 8pm).

Could'nt believe how many "Young Soulies" where there, it was brilliant to see so many young faces and they where fully into the day, dancing etc. They will keep this fantastic Place alive for many a year to come.

KTF........... Bridgey & Linda (York)

I haven't been to the Wheel in donkeys years to be honest even though it's just up the road.

Any recent playlists?

I don't think the playlists will change much since your last visit.. They stick to the wheel classics and thats what the punters want.. 700 can't be wrong...

Yes you will have many a promoter just dreaming of these numbers....

Good to hear its going so well, i think about popping in but i do like a quiet Sunday myself..

numbers don't lie

this club will never die

It was great seeing all those happy faces, once again, at The Wheel. But really the day begins at Munroes, on the corner of the street. Setting foot through the door of the pub at 2pm is just as awesome. The greetings from everyone sets the scene to begin with, then the huge queue around the corner to get into the Wheel, everyone talking, shouting, singing, the party atmosphere beings here! Then the rush down the stairs and onto the dance floor takes you well back to the days of all the great places. And when it's time to go home, no-one wants to leave.

As a lover of 60's soul music, both ordinary and rare, there ain't nowt wrong with the music policy.

Well done to both John and Pete, will keep coming back for more, and more and more........thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Dancing Demon Steve & Kath

See you Boxing Night Spike thumbsup.gif