Mistaken Identity At Soul Events

Maybe a few could share a mistaken identity moment at soul events..

I have had quite a few folk ask me at Prestatyn weekenders..." what time are you on " :shhh: , they seem to think with my dark features i must be one of the acts...

setting up a table at future weekenders and charging for autographs, could make a few quid out of it maybe..

Also had a guy at Crossfire ask " are you Carl Fortnum " ph34r.gif ..

Plus another at Cleethorpes but i really can't tell that story on here whistling.gif

Lydia and a certain lady at Cleethorpes last year, even i got them mixed up by the Sunday night..

Please share your mistaken moments.. A little light relief is welcome i think..

Social source share

• Replies 57
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest welshruss

Absolutely nothing to do with the soul scene this one -

A few years ago (well quite a lot really) my dad,god rest his soul,was on holiday in a Black Sea Resort and was mistaken for "Bill Shankly".

It was quite a poor village he was in at the time,but all the locals came out as word spread like wild fire....and he my mum were treated to free food,drink, cigars the lot,and a free car journey back to there hotel.Funny thing was,one of the locals asked him to sign an Everton shirt (duly obliged)

He didnt have the heart to tell them he wasnt Bill.

Social source share

Absolutely nothing to do with the soul scene this one -

A few years ago (well quite a lot really) my dad,god rest his soul,was on holiday in a Black Sea Resort and was mistaken for "Bill Shankly".

It was quite a poor village he was in at the time,but all the locals came out as word spread like wild fire....and he my mum were treated to free food,drink, cigars the lot,and a free car journey back to there hotel.Funny thing was,one of the locals asked him to sign an Everton shirt (duly obliged)

He didnt have the heart to tell them he wasnt Bill.

i didnt know new brighton was on the black sea russ..!!!!!!!!!!!.............thats gona be hard to beat tho. ez

Social source share

i didnt know new brighton was on the black sea russ..!!!!!!!!!!!.............thats gona be hard to beat tho. ez

One of my mates - Bob Hedley - bears an uncanny resemblence to Christopher Biggins .

Malc Burton

Social source share

WHAT A GIFT!! :thumbsup:

In his younger days , Bob also was mistaken for Gareth Hale of Hale & Pace fame .....

I have been told that I look like Randolph Scott .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest POTTERIESPECK

In the 70's when i would frequently attend 2 allnighters + a Sunday al-dayer and also go to many of Stoke's games.You can imagine the state i was in when going to work on a Monday morning. All the lads said my eyes were at the back of my head and i looked like Robert Mitchum, little did they know that what i had being doing all week-end and not had any kip since Thursday night.

post-5802-12609157585199_thumb.jpg

Edited by POTTERIESPECK
Social source share

boxing.gifHi All MANY MANY TIMES at KEELE People called me Mick? so there are a few people around the UK believe that the person who they got there rare records from was Mick Smith when in Fact it was me! wonderful stuff. also at the TORCH 10 some assumed that I was Alan Day I can green and Clearly see why! "ALSO I WAS ONCE MISTAKEN" ph34r.gif DAVE KIL ain't we done this one before??? Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

I have had quite a few folk ask me at Prestatyn weekenders..." what time are you on " laugh.gif , they seem to think with my dark features i must be one of the acts...

setting up a table at future weekenders and charging for autographs, could make a few quid out of it maybe..

Plus another at Cleethorpes but i really can't tell that story on here whistling.gif

Lydia and a certain lady at Cleethorpes last year, even i got them mixed up by the Sunday night..

phew glad you cleared that up ,thought you were kenney lynch. love bez

Social source share

Rachel and I used to get mistaken for each other a lot - obviously in the dark as the girl is nearly 10 years younger than me!!

I also used to get mistaken for my friend Julie who didn't have glasses and actually looked "totally different to me" except the fact we were both blonde and around the same age. I put that down to being hammered, there's no other explanation unsure.gif

Social source share

At Gradys N'ton weekender a couple of years ago some woman thought I was Ian Levine, sake.

It could have been worse - you could have been mistaken for Grady ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

You will be calling him Granville next .......

Malc Burton

I think I'll be calling him OUCH THAT HURT next biggrin.gif

Did I ever tell ya about the time I got mistook for Matchy laugh.gif

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

I have had quite a few folk ask me at Prestatyn weekenders..." what time are you on " laugh.gif , they seem to think with my dark features i must be one of the acts...

Hi Stevie

But you are famous are'nt you .....you've had a few media spotlight moment's not long since

And your famous in our Town ,when you came for a good kicking as a travelling Huddersfield town fan wicked.gif

Season's greeting to you and Lyd ,hope to catch you sometime soonthumbsup.gif

Social source share

People used to ask my Sister if she was "Kirsty" but I never got asked if I was "Louise" ph34r.gif

I'm always getting people mixed up - I once shook my boobs at who I thought was Trevor and realising mid-shimmy that I was shaking at someone I didn't actually know innocent.gif

In fact I'm often to be found kissing someone hello and following it up with an "I don't actually know you - do I?" laugh.gif

Social source share

People used to ask my Sister if she was "Kirsty" but I never got asked if I was "Louise" ph34r.gif

I'm always getting people mixed up - I once shook my boobs at who I thought was Trevor and realising mid-shimmy that I was shaking at someone I didn't actually know innocent.gif

In fact I'm often to be found kissing someone hello and following it up with an "I don't actually know you - do I?" laugh.gif

This is why we love you so kirsty ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

My brother was mistaken for me by an old school friend who ended up sh@gging him senseless.

He never even had the decency to let on he wasn't me - or more importantly to find out who she was and let me know.

So, whoever you are that frequents Motown do's around Northampton and used to go to Roade Secondary School - it wasn't me, OK !!!

Social source share

Here is my tale:

Not too many moons ago I turned up at a *Soul night (hadn't been there before) walked in with sales box in one hand and £10 note in the other. Noticed straight away two nice looking ladies sitting behind a table taking the money on the door. One stood up and threw her arms round me and gave me a kiss on the cheek!

I offered my £10 note and was told "no way... through those doors there .... quite a few in allready".

I put my £10 back in my pocket and walked in through the doors thinking to myself that I dont even get greated like that when I turn up at 'The Attic'!! as I was thinking this I heard the other (equally attractive lady) still sat down asking the other one "who's that?" the reply was "Thats Mick H - he's awesome!".

I just laughed - mind you I kept a low profile when I saw Mick H turn up about 20 mins later!! I wonder if he had a problem getting in?

I'm just glad they didn't want a look in my record box (thinking it to be Mick H's) as it was full of cheap sales 45's!! :ohmy:

* Not mentioning the Soul night/Venue to protect the innocent! :elvis:

Social source share

Here is my tale:

Not too many moons ago I turned up at a *Soul night (hadn't been there before) walked in with sales box in one hand and £10 note in the other. Noticed straight away two nice looking ladies sitting behind a table taking the money on the door. One stood up and threw her arms round me and gave me a kiss on the cheek!

I offered my £10 note and was told "no way... through those doors there .... quite a few in allready".

I put my £10 back in my pocket and walked in through the doors thinking to myself that I dont even get greated like that when I turn up at 'The Attic'!! as I was thinking this I heard the other (equally attractive lady) still sat down asking the other one "who's that?" the reply was "Thats Mick H - he's awesome!".

I just laughed - mind you I kept a low profile when I saw Mick H turn up about 20 mins later!! I wonder if he had a problem getting in?

I'm just glad they didn't want a look in my record box (thinking it to be Mick H's) as it was full of cheap sales 45's!! laugh.gif

* Not mentioning the Soul night/Venue to protect the innocent! shhh.gif

hey raymondo, does jo know you saved a tennershhh.gif see you at stamford tomorrow i wont tell her about this.....

talking about stamford heres my story;

was at a soul do in stamford or was it grantham anyway, was sitting enjoying the music when some guy came up to me and asked me if i had any gear on me, i said do i look like a drug dealer? his reply, yes why did you think i asked!!no.gif

russ

Social source share

hey raymondo, does jo know you saved a tennershhh.gif see you at stamford tomorrow i wont tell her about this.....

was at a soul do in stamford or was it grantham anyway, was sitting enjoying the music when some guy came up to me and asked me if i had any gear on me, i said do i look like a drug dealer? his reply, yes why did you think i asked!!no.gif

russ

Yeah - sherbert dib-dab lollipops! :thumbsup:

post-7608-12614269863341_thumb.jpg

post-7608-12614270311011_thumb.jpg

Social source share

My brother was mistaken for me by an old school friend who ended up sh@gging him senseless.

He never even had the decency to let on he wasn't me - or more importantly to find out who she was and let me know.

So, whoever you are that frequents Motown do's around Northampton and used to go to Roade Secondary School - it wasn't me, OK !!!

:thumbsup::P:D

Social source share

I have had quite a few folk ask me at Prestatyn weekenders..." what time are you on " :thumbsup: , they seem to think with my dark features i must be one of the acts...

Me too Steve....cant say how many drinks i have been bought on that alone.....can ususally get away with it ...till i open me gob...and they realise that instead of a smooth North American accent..out comes this brash North London one!!!!!!!hahahaha,,..ignorance....gets me pissed!!!!!....Delxxxxx

Social source share

russ

Might have been @ Electric club in Grantham, as i was also asked for some "gear", so i must look like a dealer too??

cheers,

John Mc. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!